• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I just remembered why I can't argue with people in the military. They are incapable of using common sense or logic. They are too used to submitting to their commanders and having them do all their thinking for them.
    :faint:

-1 for your comment. See DROSS's post for more details on why you may be off the mark on this one:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...general_stanley_mcchrystal-6.html#post1116803

I do enjoy reading your post to get a "different point of view" but on this one I'm sorry the -1 you do deserver becuase the very people you are bad-mouthing are the very people who are willing to die for you and me and our nation to keep our beliefs (whatever they may be) alive and well.

For that reason you should thank them whenever you see them.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I just remembered why I can't argue with people in the military. They are incapable of using common sense or logic. They are too used to submitting to their commanders and having them do all their thinking for them.

If you're going to personally attack me over and over, I have to defend myself. And you two give everyone in the military a bad name. I'm done trying to convince you that you have certain rights that can't be taken away by any man. Submit all of your freedom away, I don't care about you.
    My question for you, is, have you EVER been in the Military? I have,
    if you haven't, then you have no idea, what goes on, or happens, after
    you sign, and say I do... You are UNDER ORDERS, for the next ___ years.
    No one cares about your politics, or anything else... I served under Carter, Reagan, both Bush, and Clinton... I REFUSED to serve under bho,
    that is one reason I RETIRED..... IMHO, he is not qualified to clean the crapper, WHY, because he did not go to boot camp... I usually do not rant like this... I have not met Jeremy, or Smitty... but would like to....
    you are free to say anything you want... as am I... difference I've been there, done that, got the hat, t shirt, and a paycheck..... What do you have....:twocents: I also, am very open minded, and DO think for myself... I NEVER, follow someone blindly...

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Anyone who says anything in support of firing General McChrystal for what he "said" clearly did not read the article and is merely regurgitating an uniformed view.

I read the entire Rolling Stone article on General McChrystal. These claims that he is being insubordinate are a COMPLETE FABRICATION. There is not one single criticism of Obama or Biden by General McChristal himself in the entire article! The article is AWESOME! There is a reason the White House doesn't like it. It shows how much of a MAN General McChrystal is that Obama pales by comparison.

:yesway: This ^

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    So the American people who put their life on the line everyday at home just by going to work and doing THEIR job don't actually stand up for something, huh? I guess we should all just quit our jobs and see how long the military can self-sustain without raiding other countries for funding.

I'm not hiding behind the Constitution, I'm holding it up for you to read. If you would take 20 minutes to read it, instead of stomping all over it with your government issued boots you might understand what I'm talking about.

Newsflash Smitty, all the soldiers ARE gone. And yes, American citizens are the ones defending this country, from Mexican drug smugglers. Do I need to cite the 10 threads on INGO right now backing up my assertion?

I sense a little resentment. Like maybe somebody couldn't cut it.

I tend to agree with you. Sounds like he got the"We make men out of boys but you are too much work" speech. Or he tried and washed out. Just another bitter failure.

...I addressed or quoted no one. My comment would only be taken as a cheap shot if it was true. I think I am doing fine in this debate. When you except the facts and logic you then just maybe GET IT.

Really? Well if that comment wasn't directly aimed at me, you should have no problem letting us all know who it was aimed at. Unless you regularly just mutter random things about broad peoples not being able to "cut it"? :dunno:

I get a chuckle every time I see this come up on political forums. Anti's comparing their "life threatening" jobs to the military. Last time I looked I don't recall running into armed people who's only goal is to kill me if they see me, without question when I am at work.

I wonder how many citizens would willingly go to work each day knowing that someone at work was going to pull out a gun or bomb and kill them?

And of those that would go? How much do you think they'd make their employers pay them to do it?

Does the military member deserve a little more respect than average joe? HELL YES!!

You're free to respect anyone in any degree you so choose. So am I. If the military wasn't in a war, they wouldn't have people shooting at them or trying to blow them up every time they go out to do their job. Did Afghanistan tie a huge rope around our military and yank them there or did they go on their own free will to "take it to them!"? We sold weapons to Afghanistan, attacked middle-Eastern countries, pissed them off, they attacked us, we responded. If I sold guns to my co-workers, shot at their houses, pissed them off, I would expect them to shoot at me and try to bomb me as well. When you create the situation, you can't complain about how dangerous it is.

We know there are certain rights that shouldn't be taken away, that is why we chose to defend those rights with our lives if need be. You don't need to care about me, that is not necessary but I do care about you that is why I chose to defend your rights. I am sorry you hate the military and choose to bad mouth them but that is your choice and you are free to do so because of men like my grandfather, my father, my brothers, me and my son and every other man and woman who put on the uniform.

I don't hate the military at all. I'm just trying to bring some of you back down to reality. I would bad-mouth road workers too if they tried to tell me that they, solely, give me the freedom to travel on roads and tried to demand extra respect 24/7.

LashicoN is a troll whom I've placed upon my ignore list sometime ago.

Do yourself a favor and do likewise. From your posts, you already know that you're not missing anything important from him.

When all else fails, roll out the "troll" argument. Good point, jbUscH. It's odd that you placed me on your ignore list, yet follow me around and warn people about how big of a troll I am. Does someone have a stalking issue? I'm not saying anyone in particular...I'm just randomly muttering things about people being stalkers..

You need to remember that your freedoms didn't come freely. Many people paid with their lives so key board commandos like you could spout out hatred for the military that defends them. The military has kept this country free and continues to do so. They go where they are ordered and do what they are told. They have not been ordered to the borders and I'm sure if they were that they would go gladly. It's about time we started fighting and dieing for our own country rather than those where half the population wants to kill us.

Once again, I don't hate the military. I've said it before that I respect it just as much as any other paying job in the United States. The military is keeping AZ citizens as free and safe as people who work at McDonald's. The problem here is that tons of military or former military on this board constantly remind me of how they are keeping me free, meanwhile Arizona is being literally taken over by Mexico. We have a traitor President who won't issue a declaration of war, so the military, as of this moment, has turned out to be a nice Colt 1911 that we keep in a display case, not allowed to use for self-defense. When the military steps in to help out Arizona, I will gladly take back everything negative I said in this thread.

:faint:

-1 for your comment. See DROSS's post for more details on why you may be off the mark on this one:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...general_stanley_mcchrystal-6.html#post1116803

I do enjoy reading your post to get a "different point of view" but on this one I'm sorry the -1 you do deserver becuase the very people you are bad-mouthing are the very people who are willing to die for you and me and our nation to keep our beliefs (whatever they may be) alive and well.

For that reason you should thank them whenever you see them.

I've had one major point running through this thread - as long as Arizona is being overtaken by Mexicans, the military IS NOT keeping us alive and well. I deserved the neg rep. I resorted to a personal broad, general attack on the military and I shouldn't have let a couple ***** bate me into doing it. I'm not calling any people in this thread specifically *****, I'm just muttering random things about people being *****.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Really? Well if that comment wasn't directly aimed at me, you should have no problem letting us all know who it was aimed at. Unless you regularly just mutter random things about broad peoples not being able to "cut it"? :dunno:

No problem letting you know. I did in my post, something about truth hurts.

I've had one major point running through this thread - as long as Arizona is being overtaken by Mexicans, the military IS NOT keeping us alive and well. I deserved the neg rep. I resorted to a personal broad, general attack on the military and I shouldn't have let a couple ***** bate me into doing it. I'm not calling any people in this thread specifically *****, I'm just muttering random things about people being *****.
    And your point has been rebuted several times. Who tells the military what to do?

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008

You're free to respect anyone in any degree you so choose. So am I. If the military wasn't in a war, they wouldn't have people shooting at them or trying to blow them up every time they go out to do their job. Did Afghanistan tie a huge rope around our military and yank them there or did they go on their own free will to "take it to them!"? We sold weapons to Afghanistan, attacked middle-Eastern countries, pissed them off, they attacked us, we responded. If I sold guns to my co-workers, shot at their houses, pissed them off, I would expect them to shoot at me and try to bomb me as well. When you create the situation, you can't complain about how dangerous it is.

I don't hate the military at all. I'm just trying to bring some of you back down to reality. I would bad-mouth road workers too if they tried to tell me that they, solely, give me the freedom to travel on roads and tried to demand extra respect 24/7.

When all else fails, roll out the "troll" argument. Good point, jbUscH. It's odd that you placed me on your ignore list, yet follow me around and warn people about how big of a troll I am. Does someone have a stalking issue? I'm not saying anyone in particular...I'm just randomly muttering things about people being stalkers..

Once again, I don't hate the military. I've said it before that I respect it just as much as any other paying job in the United States. The military is keeping AZ citizens as free and safe as people who work at McDonald's. The problem here is that tons of military or former military on this board constantly remind me of how they are keeping me free, meanwhile Arizona is being literally taken over by Mexico. We have a traitor President who won't issue a declaration of war, so the military, as of this moment, has turned out to be a nice Colt 1911 that we keep in a display case, not allowed to use for self-defense. When the military steps in to help out Arizona, I will gladly take back everything negative I said in this thread.

Well to use your own logic about the war in the middle east, didn't we take arizona from mexico? they just want it back

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Well to use your own logic about the war in the middle east, didn't we take arizona from mexico? they just want it back

So you have no problem seizing Americans firearms if enough politicians deem them illegal AND you don't have a problem with Mexico taking United States soil?

Since you've made it clear that you don't care about our 2nd Amendment Rights or our physical country, what exactly, are you claiming to protect?

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    So you have no problem seizing Americans firearms if enough politicians deem them illegal AND you don't have a problem with Mexico taking United States soil?

Since you've made it clear that you don't care about our 2nd Amendment Rights or our physical country, what exactly, are you claiming to protect?

I used your logic, not mine. If we started all the trouble in the middle east then we shouldn't complain about war..If we stole a few states from mexico then we have no reason to complain when they want it back. You need to stick to one side or the other

Please re-read your post as I am just agreeing with you

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    I've had one major point running through this thread - as long as Arizona is being overtaken by Mexicans, the military IS NOT keeping us alive and well.

This point is moot. The civilian leadership has not ordered the military into Arizona. If and when that order is given, the military will be there and will take care of business.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    :facepalm: No, it isn't in the Bill of Rights or our Constitution, I guess it can't be true. I guess we shouldn't read any of Thomas Paine's words or Benjamin Franklin. Anything Thomas Jefferson said is moot if it wasn't in the Bill of Rights or our Constitution.

You would get along just fine under Imperial English rule.

Thats funny you rely on Thomas Jefferson, because as a congressional delegate in1775, he voted for the original Articles od War (UCMJ of the day), and then as president signed the revision in 1806 into law. Both of these versions had restrictions on servicemember's speech, among other things.

So yeah, DOUBLE FAIL.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    No, not at all. All I'm saying is that you seem to subscribe to the idea that the Constitution is a living document, much like many progressives do. Just sayin :dunno:

Really? You really think that insistence that we follow the Constitution as written somehow translates to it being a "living document?"

Really?

Well, if that's what you really think, reckon there's not much to say. I can only speak so simply, and don't have time to draw pictures for the "special" folk out there.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    oathkeepers

If that order was given then guns would be illegal and if you had a gun you wouldn't be a law abiding citizen.
    You need to join Oathkeepers they are agreeing to not confiscate guns from us, they are police, and military, retired and active duty, they say they are sworn to uphold the constitution, not illegal order...I was taght in the AF that you CAN disobey an UNLAWFUL order...

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    People who serve in the military are not owed any special treatment or even respect. Neither are police and firefighters.

Some of us choose to extend special respect to these professions because we appreciate that someone is willing to perform a dangerous task for society's benefit. Yes, they are compensated for their actions, and compensation includes more than pay. Part of that compensation is the special respect we pay.

When I was in the Army, I never expected treatment different than anyone else. I remember with great fondness and affection those people who chose to say something complimentary, or to extend some extra measure of courtesy to me because I was in uniform.

A person has every right to choose to view the military in contempt. Just as we have every right to shower contempt on someone with that view.

:patriot:

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    LashicoN is a troll whom I've placed upon my ignore list sometime ago.

It just slays me how some folks on INGO are quick to call "Troll" with folks who have different opinions. There's more than a wee bit of irony that this happens in a thread having to do with freedom of speech. Sure we don't mind if you speak freely, but if you do and we don't like it we'll call you names that suggest you don't have as much right to post as we do since you don't think like us. Unreal.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield

Fail for having the name plate and jump wigs swaped! It is funny though!

Fromw hat I was hearing on NBC apparently a lot of the commets well after the Rolling stone guy was gone and made by his aids (people let theri guard down I guess) and one the ones that McChrystal made were when he was well.. under the infulance of alcohal...... compound that with someone that eats once a day and only sleeps a few hours a night and at some point you are going to say something stupid..... I don't blame Obama though.... if he would have let it slide then it would have told the entire millitary that they can say what they want and not loose their job.

Top Bottom