• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    They signed a contract that gave up their absolute rights. The BoR doesn't apply if you give up the rights contained therein.

It says you can't be forced to incriminate yourself, but if you voluntarily do it, you're SOL. It says you get a trial by jury, but if decide to skip that, you can.
    If you join the military, you've just done that. You've given up your right to run your mouth as you please, to come and go as you please, and so on. It's in the contract. It's in the oath you take.

So all this nonsense to the contrary is just that: pure, utter, complete nonsense.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Not true at all. I have equal respect for every American worker who lays his life on the line. I just don't glorify the military. It is a paid profession and it has left us high and dry in Arizona.

You don't get it. Yes the military is a paid profession, paid by tax payers. Therefore get its orders from the tax payers (from their chosen representives). Military has not left us high and dry in Arizona. Its citizens like you that want to blame every form of authority/government rather then step up and except some responsibility. These kids that put there asses on the line everyday deserve a little more then "equal respect".

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    A soldier is a citizen who has chosen to actually stand up for something and risk all in it's defense. You can't understand that because you choose to hide behind the constitution not defend it. If soldiers don't follow orders people can and will die. Once all the soldiers are gone who is going to defend our nation? you

So the American people who put their life on the line everyday at home just by going to work and doing THEIR job don't actually stand up for something, huh? I guess we should all just quit our jobs and see how long the military can self-sustain without raiding other countries for funding.

I'm not hiding behind the Constitution, I'm holding it up for you to read. If you would take 20 minutes to read it, instead of stomping all over it with your government issued boots you might understand what I'm talking about.

Newsflash Smitty, all the soldiers ARE gone. And yes, American citizens are the ones defending this country, from Mexican drug smugglers. Do I need to cite the 10 threads on INGO right now backing up my assertion?

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    They signed a contract that gave up their absolute rights. The BoR doesn't apply if you give up the rights contained therein.

:eek: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights"

unalienable
    inalienable:
    Date: circa 1645
    : incapable of being alienated, surrendered, or transferred <inalienable rights>

You don't get it. Yes the military is a paid profession, paid by tax payers. Therefore get its orders from the tax payers (from their chosen representives). Military has not left us high and dry in Arizona. Its citizens like you that want to blame every form of authority/government rather then step up and except some responsibility. These kids that put there asses on the line everyday deserve a little more then "equal respect".

Wow. You expect us to pay for the military and then go and fight ourselves? You really expect us to do that? If we (citizens) have to fight for our own survival, then we shouldn't be footing the bill for the military. These kids put their lives on the line, and so do kids who take jobs in factories in bad neighborhoods working late at night. People working in Steel mills put their life on the line every day. Cops put their life on the line every day. Everyone who gets up in the morning puts their life on the line every day. The military is no different. You can't create a war and then pretend like it was forced upon you and you are "serving" to protect the very existence of the United States. We took it to them, remember? The military has left us high and dry in Arizona. If they exist to protect Americans, and they aren't protecting Americans, then they have left them high and dry.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    What will MoveOn.org say now?

moveon_Petraeus_NYTad_228.jpg

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I sense a little resentment. Like maybe somebody couldn't cut it.

Choo Choo, the personal attack train is right on time. Once again, you've run out of counter-arguments so it's time to unleash a couple of cheap shots.

I've never tried joining up. But you just made it perfectly clear that you "can't cut it" in a debate with me, without derailing our argument using attacks.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    :eek: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights"

unalienable
    inalienable:
    Date: circa 1645
    : incapable of being alienated, surrendered, or transferred <inalienable rights>

Wow. You expect us to pay for the military and then go and fight ourselves? You really expect us to do that? If we (citizens) have to fight for our own survival, then we shouldn't be footing the bill for the military. These kids put their lives on the line, and so do kids who take jobs in factories in bad neighborhoods working late at night. People working in Steel mills put their life on the line every day. Cops put their life on the line every day. Everyone who gets up in the morning puts their life on the line every day. The military is no different. You can't create a war and then pretend like it was forced upon you and you are "serving" to protect the very existence of the United States. We took it to them, remember? The military has left us high and dry in Arizona. If they exist to protect Americans, and they aren't protecting Americans, then they have left them high and dry.

Yeah, that quote isn't in the Constitution or the Bill of Rights. FAIL.

The only rights referenced are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, and these in the larger context of natural law philosophy.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Yeah, that quote isn't in the Constitution or the Bill of Rights. FAIL.

The only rights referenced are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, and these in the larger context of natural law philosophy.

:facepalm: No, it isn't in the Bill of Rights or our Constitution, I guess it can't be true. I guess we shouldn't read any of Thomas Paine's words or Benjamin Franklin. Anything Thomas Jefferson said is moot if it wasn't in the Bill of Rights or our Constitution.

You would get along just fine under Imperial English rule.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I tend to agree with you. Sounds like he got the"We make men out of boys but you are too much work" speech. Or he tried and washed out. Just another bitter failure.

I just remembered why I can't argue with people in the military. They are incapable of using common sense or logic. They are too used to submitting to their commanders and having them do all their thinking for them.

If you're going to personally attack me over and over, I have to defend myself. And you two give everyone in the military a bad name. I'm done trying to convince you that you have certain rights that can't be taken away by any man. Submit all of your freedom away, I don't care about you.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    You mean, you find believing the Constitution AS WRITTEN is law is the law of the land is warped and scary?

That says much about your hatred for this country and our way of life, doesn't it?

No, not at all. All I'm saying is that you seem to subscribe to the idea that the Constitution is a living document, much like many progressives do. Just sayin :dunno:

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson

I wil take great comfort the next time I have a big mac that you put your life on the line for me. Much appreciated.

You still don't get it. Do you even read our post? What part of the military works for the citizens did you not get? You keep saying the military has left us high and dry in AZ. They have not been orderd to AZ. Your logic is beyound reason or debate.

Choo Choo, the personal attack train is right on time. Once again, you've run out of counter-arguments so it's time to unleash a couple of cheap shots.

I've never tried joining up. But you just made it perfectly clear that you "can't cut it" in a debate with me, without derailing our argument using attacks.

I addressed or quoted no one. My comment would only be taken as a cheap shot if it was true. I think I am doing fine in this debate. When you except the facts and logic you then just maybe GET IT.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    So the American people who put their life on the line everyday at home just by going to work and doing THEIR job don't actually stand up for something, huh? I guess we should all just quit our jobs and see how long the military can self-sustain without raiding other countries for funding.

I get a chuckle every time I see this come up on political forums. Anti's comparing their "life threatening" jobs to the military. Last time I looked I don't recall running into armed people who's only goal is to kill me if they see me, without question when I am at work.

I wonder how many citizens would willingly go to work each day knowing that someone at work was going to pull out a gun or bomb and kill them?

And of those that would go? How much do you think they'd make their employers pay them to do it?

Does the military member deserve a little more respect than average joe? HELL YES!!

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I just remembered why I can't argue with people in the military. They are incapable of using common sense or logic. They are too used to submitting to their commanders and having them do all their thinking for them.

If you're going to personally attack me over and over, I have to defend myself. And you two give everyone in the military a bad name. I'm done trying to convince you that you have certain rights that can't be taken away by any man. Submit all of your freedom away, I don't care about you.

We know there are certain rights that shouldn't be taken away, that is why we chose to defend those rights with our lives if need be. You don't need to care about me, that is not necessary but I do care about you that is why I chose to defend your rights. I am sorry you hate the military and choose to bad mouth them but that is your choice and you are free to do so because of men like my grandfather, my father, my brothers, me and my son and every other man and woman who put on the uniform.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    You still don't get it. Do you even read our post? ................Your logic is beyound reason or debate.

LashicoN is a troll whom I've placed upon my ignore list sometime ago.

Do yourself a favor and do likewise. From your posts, you already know that you're not missing anything important from him.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon

You need to remember that your freedoms didn't come freely. Many people paid with their lives so key board commandos like you could spout out hatred for the military that defends them. The military has kept this country free and continues to do so. They go where they are ordered and do what they are told. They have not been ordered to the borders and I'm sure if they were that they would go gladly. It's about time we started fighting and dieing for our own country rather than those where half the population wants to kill us.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    People who serve in the military are not owed any special treatment or even respect. Neither are police and firefighters.

Some of us choose to extend special respect to these professions because we appreciate that someone is willing to perform a dangerous task for society's benefit. Yes, they are compensated for their actions, and compensation includes more than pay. Part of that compensation is the special respect we pay.

When I was in the Army, I never expected treatment different than anyone else. I remember with great fondness and affection those people who chose to say something complimentary, or to extend some extra measure of courtesy to me because I was in uniform.

A person has every right to choose to view the military in contempt. Just as we have every right to shower contempt on someone with that view.

Top Bottom