• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    It also enforces force without thinking. Freedom of speech is more essential to America (the idea) than the military.

Would you care to type up a list of things you believe the 1st Amendment covers, since you know, the founders didn't think it should cover this or that.

Here is my list - Everything

Did the framers specifically say that we have the right to keep and bear rifles? NO.

There isn't much to interpret. We have the right to speak freely. I don't know how YOU are "interpreting" that, but I take that as we have the right to speak freely.

Just so you know, your line is thinking leads to horrific military actions like the Holocaust. "Just take your orders and do it or you're an elitist?" Are you kidding me? Good to know that Smitty won't hesitate to tear up our Constitution and put a bullet in each of us when he gets the order from our out of control Federal government. He just admitted that he won't question it. You're protecting nothing but the government. Believe what you want.

I also know that if it weren't for men following orders there would be no constitution or Bill of Rights.
    I find it humorous and a little sad when those who can't or won't defend freedom ***** about how it is defended.

Ol' Wiley

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Indiucky (Clark Co.)
    Anyone who says anything in support of firing General McChrystal for what he "said" clearly did not read the article and is merely regurgitating an uniformed view.

I read the entire Rolling Stone article on General McChrystal. These claims that he is being insubordinate are a COMPLETE FABRICATION. There is not one single criticism of Obama or Biden by General McChristal himself in the entire article! The article is AWESOME! There is a reason the White House doesn't like it. It shows how much of a MAN General McChrystal is that Obama pales by comparison.
    Rep'd for being informed and not just listening to the news.
    I haven't seen any insubordination from McChrystal's quotes.
    Yes, maybe from his aides.
    Just so you know, your line is thinking leads to horrific military actions like the Holocaust. "Just take your orders and do it or you're an elitist?" Are you kidding me? Good to know that Smitty won't hesitate to tear up our Constitution and put a bullet in each of us when he gets the order from our out of control Federal government. He just admitted that he won't question it. You're protecting nothing but the government. Believe what you want.
    I kindly disagree with your line of thinking.
    One key is are they lawful orders? Any order that would require you to break the law is unlawful. If unlawful, you don't follow them and report them to your CoC. Common practice in the U.S.
    In a military setting, you can't always have people questioning orders. Those seconds questioning could be the difference between life or death. But, this does not completely restrict you from questioning orders. As long as it's done in a tactful, respectful manner, it goes over fine (if your questioning is justified). I've personally questioned several boot officers' orders, setting them straight, while still getting the mission accomplished.

Yes, we do give up some freedom of speech and other god-given rights, but we in the military don't completely give up our decision-making abilities to those above us, blindly following any and all orders.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Can he get unemployment if he's fired today?
    He should have kept his mouth shut and retired, I hate to see that smarmy bastard fire him.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Officers at Flag rank are considered pseudo politicians. If their aides get out of line it reflects on the Admiral or General, and their career can take a hit.

IIRC, McCrystal is Special Forces. SF that I have encountered are "straight talking" and leave political correctness to others.

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    When an order is given you don't question it or give your opinion, you do it, it's your job. If that doesn't work for you then don't enlist, you can interpret the BOR and we'll defend it.

So if the order was given to confiscate guns in america from law abiding citizens, you would follow that order?

Last edited:

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Without another amendment to the constitution repealing the second, fourth and fourteenth amendments that would be a unlawful order which is addressed in the UCMJ. :patriot:

I agree. My answer was taking into consideration that those amendments have been made making guns illegal.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    No. That would constitute a unlawful order as the oath that I swore was to,"DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA," against ALL enemies,foreign AND DOMESTIC. :patriot:

Unfortunately many military commanders, still believe that 2A only applies to the military, equating the Militia to the National Guard.

Furthermore, too many subordinates would follow these orders, not knowing the difference.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I just e-mailed my son and told him to watch what he puts on his facebook page. You never know who will read it.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Nevertheless, the Bill of Rights did not amend the relevant section. You HAVE looked it up and know what it is, right? Or are you merely talking out your butt?

:laugh: Sorry Joe, but you don't get to pick what the Bill of Rights Amended. It Amended the Constitution, if the military was exempt of American's rights, the BOR would have stated that.

I also know that if it weren't for men following orders there would be no constitution or Bill of Rights.
    I find it humorous and a little sad when those who can't or won't defend freedom ***** about how it is defended.

Lately freedom has been defended by citizen's in Arizona and Texas. The military has done nothing about the fact that Mexico is setting up shop IN our country. So you guys no longer get to run the whole "I'm keeping you free" line, because American citizens are. The military is fighting for Iraq and Afghanistan. Without auto workers in the 40s and 50s there would be no constitution or Bill of Rights either. Without many booms in many different industries in this country we would have dried up and blown away, or broken apart into 50 different countries. The military isn't the only thing holding this country together.

This would be my guess, pretty normal for him when engaging in debate about the military. He has not served nor has any respect for those that do and have.

Not true at all. I have equal respect for every American worker who lays his life on the line. I just don't glorify the military. It is a paid profession and it has left us high and dry in Arizona.

So if the order was given to confiscate guns in america from law abiding citizens, you would follow that order?

You should be sitting down to read his answer. It's disgusting.

If that order was given then guns would be illegal and if you had a gun you wouldn't be a law abiding citizen.

Once again, Smitty admits that he will, without questioning his orders, tear up the Bill of Rights and take away our freedoms as Americans, all because some group of anti-American politicians said guns were against the law. This is how I made the leap to the Holocaust. When you never question ANY orders, it always ends up that way. I would rather be a law breaking citizen than give up my right to keep and bear arms. Your claim to be protecting freedom is a joke.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    This issue has nothing to do with freedom of speech or the 1st Amendment.

"Congress shall make no law..."

Congress made no law. The President must have the power to run the areas under the executive branch, like the military, how he chooses. Generals are appointed and removed for a variety of reasons. Generals serve their posts at the pleasure of their superiors, the President being the apex of his superiors.

Congress didn't make a law, no one was prosecuted, the general wasn't even asked to retire or resign his commission. He offered his resignation and it was accepted.

I'm close to an absolutist on fundamental freedoms, but this issue doesn't come close.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    :laugh: Sorry Joe, but you don't get to pick what the Bill of Rights Amended. It Amended the Constitution, if the military was exempt of American's rights, the BOR would have stated that.

Lately freedom has been defended by citizen's in Arizona and Texas. The military has done nothing about the fact that Mexico is setting up shop IN our country. So you guys no longer get to run the whole "I'm keeping you free" line, because American citizens are. The military is fighting for Iraq and Afghanistan. Without auto workers in the 40s and 50s there would be no constitution or Bill of Rights either. Without many booms in many different industries in this country we would have dried up and blown away, or broken apart into 50 different countries. The military isn't the only thing holding this country together.

Not true at all. I have equal respect for every American worker who lays his life on the line. I just don't glorify the military. It is a paid profession and it has left us high and dry in Arizona.

You should be sitting down to read his answer. It's disgusting.

Once again, Smitty admits that he will, without questioning his orders, tear up the Bill of Rights and take away our freedoms as Americans, all because some group of anti-American politicians said guns were against the law. This is how I made the leap to the Holocaust. When you never question ANY orders, it always ends up that way. I would rather be a law breaking citizen than give up my right to keep and bear arms. Your claim to be protecting freedom is a joke.

A soldier is a citizen who has chosen to actually stand up for something and risk all in it's defense. You can't understand that because you choose to hide behind the constitution not defend it. If soldiers don't follow orders people can and will die. Once all the soldiers are gone who is going to defend our nation? you

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom