• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Okay, more information, via Weasel Zippers:

Weird Story Gets Weirder: Transgender Woman In Planet Fitness Controversy Comes Forward; Not Even A Member Of The Gym? | Weasel Zippers

The transwoman was guest of an actual member, which means she still had the right to be there, but here's where the complaining former member's conduct gets even less understandable, the transwoman in the women's locker rooms— was fully dressed at all times.

She was just in there to find a secure place to put her purse and hang up her coat for the duration of her visit. The complainant never saw phallus. What she saw was a femininely dressed person who was not sufficiently feminine physicly for her tastes.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    What she saw was a man pretending to be an ugly woman, in the women's locker room. So she complained to the local management, baby unicorn tears were shed, and then her membership was canceled.

I wonder how many people canceled their memberships today.

I don't have one, but if I did, I would have canceled it.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Okay, more information, via Weasel Zippers:

Weird Story Gets Weirder: Transgender Woman In Planet Fitness Controversy Comes Forward; Not Even A Member Of The Gym? | Weasel Zippers

The transwoman was guest of an actual member, which means she still had the right to be there, but here's where the complaining former member's conduct gets even less understandable, the transwoman in the women's locker rooms— was fully dressed at all times.

She was just in there to find a secure place to put her purse and hang up her coat for the duration of her visit. The complainant never saw phallus. What she saw was a femininely dressed person who was not sufficiently feminine physicly for her tastes.

So, PF doesn't have a place outside the locker rooms to store things? I can see that. I still wouldn't want some guy, dressed however he was, perving on my hypothetical 13 year old daughter.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    @ leadeye: Nice car. Not sure the headlights are original, though.

@ Mr Evilwrench: Putting a coat and purse in a locker and leaving satisfies your definition of "perving on a 13 year old girl"?

True, but then I like pro tour cars.:)

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    @ leadeye: Nice car. Not sure the headlights are original, though.

@ Mr Evilwrench: Putting a coat and purse in a locker and leaving satisfies your definition of "perving on a 13 year old girl"?

The point is HOW IN THE ******* HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW if this is a real transgender vs a pervert?

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    HOW IN THE ******* HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW if a fellow women's locker room user is a real straight lady or a lesbian looking to score?

Wait until they ACT in an unacceptable way. Mere presence is insufficient to trigger such sturm und drang as evidenced by this thread. Some in this thread are evincing the same patterns of thought as the gun-grabbers do in their quest to banish all guns from the public sphere. HOW IN THE ******* HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW that the guy attached by the hip to that gun is one of the good guys with a gun and not a bad guy in waiting? Wait until they ACT in an unacceptable way. Until someone acts in an unacceptable way with a gun, they get to keep the gun and have the gun in public. Until a person in a locker room acts in an unacceptable way, they get to use that locker room just as much as anyone else you would deign to allow to use the locker room unmolested by self-righteous moralizing.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    It's not about their actions. It is simply about whether they have boy parts, or girls parts. I do not want a man in the locker room with my wife or daughters. I don't care what he claims to be. People with boy parts go in the boys room, people with girl parts go in the girls room.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    HOW IN THE ******* HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW if a fellow women's locker room user is a real straight lady or a lesbian looking to score?

Wait until they ACT in an unacceptable way. Mere presence is insufficient to trigger such sturm und drang as evidenced by this thread. Some in this thread are evincing the same patterns of thought as the gun-grabbers do in their quest to banish all guns from the public sphere. HOW IN THE ******* HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW that the guy attached by the hip to that gun is one of the good guys with a gun and not a bad guy in waiting? Wait until they ACT in an unacceptable way. Until someone acts in an unacceptable way with a gun, they get to keep the gun and have the gun in public. Until a person in a locker room acts in an unacceptable way, they get to use that locker room just as much as anyone else you would deign to allow to use the locker room unmolested by self-righteous moralizing.

There is that, yes, but I would be extremely upset if I had a 13 year old daughter and some guy was acting inappropriately around her. Trust me, if it actually happened it would be me going to trial instead of him. Thing is, how am I supposed to monitor this? I can't go in there, why can he? And I say "he" because we're talking about an XY, whether he's been surgically altered or not, and you know ******* good and well that perverts will go to any length to get to what they want. My kids are precious to me.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So, let me get this straight, to coin a phrase. A male "pervert", as you say, will have their male parts surgicly removed precisely to be able to get close enough to sexually molest children. Seems contraindicative to me. Do you have any evidence that this happens? And never mind the taking of female hormones that would make the use of still attached male plumbing fixtures problematic.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I didn't see castration being a requirement by planet fitness for a man to use the ladies room. It's just said basically they are depending on people being truthful which obviously leaves the door wide open for perverts. Transgender does not mean that any kind of surgeries have been performed or hormones have been taken As far as I am aware.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Um, yeah, there are stages of "transgender" and some of them come before the meat and two veg are surgically removed (vs me slicing them off with the switchblade because I'm a little intolerant of my offspring being confronted) and all I'm saying is there are preverts out there that will go to any length to get their, um, thing.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This fread haz the lolz. If people are that worried about the apparent multitude of perverts dressing in drag rampaging across fitness centers from coast to coast.... buy a bowflex, and stay home.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    1) I liked things when they were simpler.

2) No one cares what I like. Nor should they.

3) Why not simply apply the rule on an individual basis based on behavior? If someone is being pervy, regardless of plumbing, that's a problem. If someone isn't being pervy, regardless of plumbing, there's no problem.

I talked to my dad about this. He's a sixty-ish Rush Limbaugh listener and I was surprised at the position he took. He shrugged and said he figured grown men and women knew what the other one was packing anyway. Kids shouldn't be exposed to things they can't handle or aren't ready for, which may mean not sending them into a locker room of nude adults all on their own. Dad's pretty smart sometimes.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    This fread haz the lolz. If people are that worried about the apparent multitude of perverts dressing in drag rampaging across fitness centers from coast to coast.... buy a bowflex, and stay home.

I'm not so much worrying about them rampaging across fitness centers as messing with my kids, and it only takes one. You have any kids? Would you mind if I came over and inserted various of my appendages into various of their orifices, or even just showed them my various appendages (one in specific)? Why are we not allowed to be concerned with this? Yeah, PF isn't going to get my business, but where can I go and be assured this issue won't be an, um issue?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    1) I liked things when they were simpler.

2) No one cares what I like. Nor should they.

3) Why not simply apply the rule on an individual basis based on behavior? If someone is being pervy, regardless of plumbing, that's a problem. If someone isn't being pervy, regardless of plumbing, there's no problem.

I talked to my dad about this. He's a sixty-ish Rush Limbaugh listener and I was surprised at the position he took. He shrugged and said he figured grown men and women knew what the other one was packing anyway. Kids shouldn't be exposed to things they can't handle or aren't ready for, which may mean not sending them into a locker room of nude adults all on their own. Dad's pretty smart sometimes.

I'd estimate a great many, if not a majority of folks would answer like your dad. The business has a right to run its self the way it sees fit -- or at least it should. The customers should be free to patronize it or not based on the business' practices. They also have a right to petition the management to reconsider their choices--up to and including soliciting public support that might include petitions, boycotts, and social media campaigns. I support them as I want businesses that don't want to bake homosexual wedding cakes to have similar freedoms.

As for me? If I were that woman, well, I see nothing wrong with what she did. And if I were a member, I'd join her in cancelling my membership and finding another business that more closely aligns with my beliefs and attitudes.

Top Bottom