• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Teflon Obama-where nothing sticks to him.

Do you really want to argue the economy is really better today? We have the fewest number of people working in 30 years and the highest proportion of people making a "living" on disability and food stamps. We're going to see another huge bubble burst before Obama is out of office as well.

"Better" is subjective, that is why it was in quotations. In 2008 the market fell apart and gas prices sank. Now the economy is crappy but not falling so gas prices recovered and stabilized.

jd42k

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I spent this past week in Pittsburgh, PA where the average gas price was $3.55 a gallon.

I saw a few places that were $3.49 a gallon.

Very surprised to see $4.25 when I arrived home.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    485510_587294901303480_1460888129_n.png

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Just left the movie theatre. A small coke was $4.75 and a small popcorn was $6. Wonder how many gas price whiners pay that much for a coke and popcorn.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I was in Alabama over the weekend. Gas prices everywhere from the Indiana border all the way down to AL are $3.10-$3.50, getting cheaper the farther south you go. As soon as you hit Louisville, it's $4.00-$4.25.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I go to work to earn money. To perform that job, there are expenses. I have to have work clothes, steel toe boots, tools, etc. I also need gas to get there. I go to work so that I can earn money to pay for the necessary bills and buy niceties with the leftover money. There are many luxuries we spend our money on that don't contribute to our ability to earn a paycheck yet we don't complain about the cost of those. Why is that?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I go to work to earn money. To perform that job, there are expenses. I have to have work clothes, steel toe boots, tools, etc. I also need gas to get there. I go to work so that I can earn money to pay for the necessary bills and buy niceties with the leftover money. There are many luxuries we spend our money on that don't contribute to our ability to earn a paycheck yet we don't complain about the cost of those. Why is that?

Probably because we don't need to re-fill our clothes, boots, and tools once or twice a week to the tune of $50-100 each re-fill. And, the cost of those goods doesn't fluctuate 20% daily/weekly based on speculation, rather than actual demand.

Now, if I could pass the expense on to someone, like the retailer, distributor, supplier, and refinery does, then great. Unfortunately, we are the one's stuck with it.

On a personal note: I moved into position with the company where I can work from my home office a few days a week, and only drive in the other 1 or 2 days. Yay me! I may save about $40 a week in fuel costs, AND I get to claim my home office on my taxes. Its almost like I'm breaking even.....

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    AND I get to claim my home office on my taxes.

Uhh....you should ask your CPA before you do that. I've gone that route and it's not enough to just use your home office a couple of times per week. If you use it for ANYTHING else, then you may not be able to claim it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Uhh....you should ask your CPA before you do that. I've gone that route and it's not enough to just use your home office a couple of times per week. If you use it for ANYTHING else, then you may not be able to claim it.

I've never done it my self, but from what I've been told, making this claim means you have some very strict rules you have to follow.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Probably because we don't need to re-fill our clothes, boots, and tools once or twice a week to the tune of $50-100 each re-fill. And, the cost of those goods doesn't fluctuate 20% daily/weekly based on speculation, rather than actual demand.

Now, if I could pass the expense on to someone, like the retailer, distributor, supplier, and refinery does, then great. Unfortunately, we are the one's stuck with it.

On a personal note: I moved into position with the company where I can work from my home office a few days a week, and only drive in the other 1 or 2 days. Yay me! I may save about $40 a week in fuel costs, AND I get to claim my home office on my taxes. Its almost like I'm breaking even.....

People are trained to ***** about gas prices regardless of their own personal income like women are trained to be scared mice. Gas could go down to $1 a gallon and the same *****ers will ***** when it hits $1.05.

Funny that people butch about the prices of things we need while pissing away money on things we don't. A coworker just paid $50 to park at a cubs game. Almost $50 per ticket. You think I'm bothered by how much he spent on gas to get there? I get far more value out of $4.25 gas than I do a $4.25 ticket to a sporting event. Yet people fork out hundreds of dollars for a few hours of entertainment with nary a complaint.

I love the idiots who will miss a day at work only to come in the next day and say they didn't have any money to buy gas to get to work. So they **** away $75+ take home pay because they didn't have $5 to put in the tank. Maybe they should have skipped the pack of smokes or the six pack of bud that day.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Agreed.

Also, all those various retailers don't advertise their prices on giant signs that we see each and every time we pass. There are also options/competitors in the clothing, food, and some other basic necessities that allows us to shop around so that we can spend our money as we can afford or see fit.

The cost and readily available supply of fuel has a direct impact on our life styles. Most of those other things can be delayed until funding can be obtained but purchasing fuel cannot. As it increases, it can impact discretionary spending and should it become too costly or rare, it will require many of us to have to move closer to work or develop lifestyle changing alternatives for commuting to and from work.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN

Yeah, yeah. I know. My wife is the accountant. I'll let her figure it out.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    People are trained to ***** about gas prices regardless of their own personal income like women are trained to be scared mice. Gas could go down to $1 a gallon and the same *****ers will ***** when it hits $1.05.

Funny that people butch about the prices of things we need while pissing away money on things we don't. A coworker just paid $50 to park at a cubs game. Almost $50 per ticket. You think I'm bothered by how much he spent on gas to get there? I get far more value out of $4.25 gas than I do a $4.25 ticket to a sporting event. Yet people fork out hundreds of dollars for a few hours of entertainment with nary a complaint.

I love the idiots who will miss a day at work only to come in the next day and say they didn't have any money to buy gas to get to work. So they **** away $75+ take home pay because they didn't have $5 to put in the tank. Maybe they should have skipped the pack of smokes or the six pack of bud that day.

I agree with you.

Top Bottom