• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    $4.25 in Indy, $3.66 in Henderson, KY at 5:00 today. Topped off the tank even though I didn't need but 1/4 tank.

Its gone down in Henderson since Sunday then...it was $3.75 when I came through.

Mostly around $3.86 in Bedford/Mitchell this pm. One Speedway station was at $4,.25 as i passed by.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    I also love how gas will go up $0.25-$0.30/gal and it takes a couple weeks to come down at pennies at a time. It's a complete sham.

BIGKAT9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Valpo.
    I'll tell ya the price of gas really sucks but the 2 things that really get me is that prices rise 30 cents a pop but drop 1or 2 cents .And lying about why it rose

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Its gone down in Henderson since Sunday then...it was $3.75 when I came through.

Mostly around $3.86 in Bedford/Mitchell this pm. One Speedway station was at $4,.25 as i passed by.

Interestingly, that Speedway station that was at $4.25 yesterday is back down to $3.84 this am. I don't know if they were just testing the market or if they got orders from corporate and the other stations got something different from their corp. offices....

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    They got orders from the Corp. office! Terre Haute stations are all 4.19.

I find this interesting, Evansville area has no Speedway stations it seems. Gas prices are always about .30 to .50 cheaper. Right now, the Pilot in Haubstout is 3.79.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Most of the Newburgh stations jumped to $3.99 except for the Swifty. It's still at $3.74. Filled up my van and 2 5gal cans there this morning.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Why so you sell gas if you make no profit?

It's a loss-leader, it's there to suck you into the store to pay 2-3x as much for soda, candy, chips, etc.

Gas is not a loss leader.

I point to Swifty gas stations to that as a perfect example.
    Swifty is in it to make money and they only thing they sell besides gas is cigarettes.

They don't sell enough cigarettes to pay for the over head on electric, property taxes, wages ect...

Now to the biggest reason for price spikes here in Indiana........

Speedway gas stations, they are the first to spike, and everybody follows like good little minions.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Now to the biggest reason for price spikes here in Indiana........

Speedway gas stations, they are the first to spike, and everybody follows like good little minions.

I think you're right. It's funny, there's just one here at the intersection of US50 and IN37. And they'll, just out of the blue sometimes, spike their prices for a day--maybe. Most of the times the others will not follow and by the next day, they're back to the pack.

Top Bottom