• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    It was just a few weeks ago we got down to around the high 3.50's, inflation can explain the rise over time but .60 cents in a couple weeks I don't think is related to the value of the dollar like the articles Kut posted. That's another 12.00 to fill my tank, if you have a bigger vehicle or truck it's got to be ridiculous.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Two guys ate chili-dogs at lunch and farted on the refinery premises...thats good for .35 per gallon increase.

Don't forget the Nigerian that got a fart cross sided and could not expel it either, that's good for .30 a gallon also.

Two biggest rip offs going, insurance and gas prices.

They make a ton of profit on both of them and laugh hand in hand as they both got to the bank with record profits.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Don't forget the Nigerian that got a fart cross sided and could not expel it either, that's good for .30 a gallon also.

Two biggest rip offs going, insurance and gas prices.

They make a ton of profit on both of them and laugh hand in hand as they both got to the bank with record profits.

+ infinity to insurance and gas. I'm not even gonna start my rant.:xmad:

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    Oh goody, I get to hear the ranting from folks tonight at work.

As a side not, please don't rant/rave/yell at the folks behind the counter at your local gas stations about the price jump. We don't control the prices. Furthermore, we rarely make a profit on the fuel we sell. This is an honest to God, hand on the Bible statement from me, a guy who manages a station. We've actually had stretches of 2-3 weeks where we lost money on the fuel we sell. When we do make money, it's on the order of 1-2 cents per gallon. If I could post the finiancials to prove it I would, but please believe me, it's true.

IndyUSMC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Noblesville

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Yeah, $4.25 around me, too. But, being as I'm a Sam's Club member I only paid 3.88 at the pump today. My membership pays for itself at the pump, in the course of a year.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    $4.09 to $4.35 in Lake Co. today while I was out working. Wish I would have filled up this morning, I'm down to a 1/4 tank. No Bueno.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Oh goody, I get to hear the ranting from folks tonight at work.

As a side not, please don't rant/rave/yell at the folks behind the counter at your local gas stations about the price jump. We don't control the prices. Furthermore, we rarely make a profit on the fuel we sell. This is an honest to God, hand on the Bible statement from me, a guy who manages a station. We've actually had stretches of 2-3 weeks where we lost money on the fuel we sell. When we do make money, it's on the order of 1-2 cents per gallon. If I could post the finiancials to prove it I would, but please believe me, it's true.

Every thing said is absolute truth.

Says me - the son of the owners of a convenience store/gas station. My folks would be tickled to death if they could make 2-3 cents/gallon.

Also, prices in Cook Co. Illinois don't count as a comparison. There's a special surtax on every gallon that really jacks the price up.

-J-

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I didn't get the greatest mileage off of Sam's gas. I'll stick with Meijer, Shell, Swifty and if need be BP and Sunoco.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    $3.54/gal in Sellersburg; just topped off my truck and two 5-gal jugs.

$3.79/gal at both truck stops in Memphis (I-65 exit 16).

$3.89/gal in Louisville at Hurstborne/I-64 Thorntons...and this station is typically $0.05-0.10/gal cheaper than Sellersburg.

JasonB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    Pittsboro, IN
    Did I wake up and miss a refinery explosion or another scare in the middle east? Gas is now $4.25 here in Greenfield.

Prices may be stabilizing but when Pre-Memorial Day Prices didn't drop much under $3.50 I wouldn't be too surprised if that stable price sits around $4.49ish before all is said and done this summer.
    :twocents:

Top Bottom