• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    I know the simple forumla. Just poking fun at the world we live in now. This is not the first thread I have seen where people are upset about a race being called out in the op. Even though most of the time people ask eventually anyways. I had a thread last year that I listed all the details from a confrontation and someone tried to accuse me of racism. I'm sorry didn't know stating facts about the person I was describing is racist.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I know the simple forumla. Just poking fun at the world we live in now. This is not the first thread I have seen where people are upset about a race being called out in the op. Even though most of the time people ask eventually anyways. I had a thread last year that I listed all the details from a confrontation and someone tried to accuse me of racism. I'm sorry didn't know stating facts about the person I was describing is racist.

Meh, no reason to go further into this. I'll just go with "ok."

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    You hit the nail on the head. IS it legal? 48 hour eviction notice? OP infers that this notice came about as a result of this latest instance (straw and camel's back, and all that jazz). I have very serious doubts that IF there is an actual "48 hour notice," it was a result of this. In fact, I'm fairly confident, it isn't related at all. That's not how it works.
    I have no issue with the family being evicted. I myself would push for that. However, you can't willy nilly expel people from their residence without the reasonable opportunity, for them, to find accommodations.

You can't just throw out a family BUT... A trouble maker can be barred from the property.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    There's a really simple formula. Were they caught? No? Ok give all details race, height, weight, religion, hell you can even give the place that they like to eat brunch. Yes? They were caught? Ok post their name and mugshot.

OP we need names and mug shots. You do have that, Right?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    KG, I bolded the part that I thought was disingenuous... and it's not the part your referenced. I read people's posts like they are news broadcasts. I'm not sorry for thinking "yeah, you could've kept that to yourself," and then asking questions about motivations.
    So I'm straight on your disingenuous comment. You feel that the OP would've done or said things differently if the "hoodlums" were white. That's what I'm getting out of it.

Just for the record I happen to agree with you that the descriptor in question mentioned in the OP wasn't really necessary.

I don't really wanna get the discussion rolling again here. I just wanted to tie up a loose end concerning my understanding of your "disingenuous" comment.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    It is depressing to see the southside. If we knew where to move, we would be gone
    Seriously? Without moving out into rural areas, where better in the Indy area can you live than Greenwood? I love it here! If I ever retire, I'll probably try to find a few acres out in the sticks, but for now, I like it right here.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So I'm straight on your disingenuous comment. You feel that the OP would've done or said things differently if the "hoodlums" were white. That's what I'm getting out of it.

Just for the record I happen to agree with you that the descriptor in question mentioned in the OP wasn't really necessary.

I don't really wanna get the discussion rolling again here. I just wanted to tie up a loose end concerning my understanding of your "disingenuous" comment.

No, but I set you straight. Even if he had of said "white hoodlums," it would have been uncalled for. It's tiring to see people so often with racial descriptors needlessly. It's a different story if it a person being sought by the law who is unknown. In such cases such descriptor are key, but there's not much reason other than that, unless it is essential to the story.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Seriously? Without moving out into rural areas, where better in the Indy area can you live than Greenwood? I love it here! If I ever retire, I'll probably try to find a few acres out in the sticks, but for now, I like it right here.

Alabama is paradise on Earth. Red clay, okra, miles of untouched (relatively) land, boiled peanuts and people who still say "ma'am" and "sir."

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Be very careful of this retirement thing.....very careful

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I was only in AL once on a bus from FT Polk LA to FT Benning GA. the area that we went through was VERY impoverished, It left a negative impression of Alabama in my mind to this day, sorry.

As for red clay (you reminded me) On range day at Ft Polk they marched us to the range in the pouring rain. We came to a place in the road where it had a slope of around 45 degrees and red clay. With the first step over the edge we were on our butts and slid ti the bottom about 100 feet. The instructors walked to the bottom in the woods. Wet and miserable in pouring rain all day long, we finally started back to the barracks. Marching the same way back we hit that hill again, we clawed our way up on our hands and knees. it took me several washes to get the red out of my uniforms and underwear.

Thanks for the reminder, I havn't thought of that nightmare in years.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Alabama is paradise on Earth. Red clay, okra, miles of untouched (relatively) land, boiled peanuts and people who still say "ma'am" and "sir."
    I like Indiana just fine. Been here 95% of my life, and still plenty "sir" and "ma'am" around here, ecspecially the southern parts.
    If I were to leave the state, I'd be tempted to head to Utah, Colorado, or where I've found the friendliest people ever, West Virginia.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Okra ain't a selling point, Louisiana at least has gumbo.

Hurricanes, humidity, oppressive heat, bad accents, being the butt of a plethora of jokes - no thanks. :D

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I like Indiana just fine. Been here 95% of my life, and still plenty "sir" and "ma'am" around here, ecspecially the southern parts.
    If I were to leave the state, I'd be tempted to head to Utah, Colorado, or where I've found the friendliest people ever, West Virginia.

That's because they're all related, and want to take you to the mountains to show you how they play the banjo.

Top Bottom