• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Won't discuss the plot points until next week, but it definitely had some ups and downs as far as writing-quality goes.

Also... it's probably safe to throw away the concept of time with regards to this show. It's rushing so fast to get things done, some events just feel like they're happening way too conveniently (when you look at the geography of the world and how long it would take for things to happen).

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Won't discuss the plot points until next week, but it definitely had some ups and downs as far as writing-quality goes.

Also... it's probably safe to throw away the concept of time with regards to this show. It's rushing so fast to get things done, some events just feel like they're happening way too conveniently (when you look at the geography of the world and how long it would take for things to happen).
    They have had to compress time throughout the series, but this season is more than a little out of hand. I also thought that the Jamie being knocked out of the way of the dragon fire but then being able to swim a half a mile in armor thing was a gross affront to one thing I really liked about Martin's stories.

Main characters are not supposed to be invincible just because they are main characters. When put in a circumstance where they will die, they are supposed to die.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So now that everyone else has caught up. What do you think?

What are your theories?

The preview for e07 was stupidly bare. From what I've read of e07, that's about what you should expect from it.

Here's season 7's pacing summarized:

DHbBdcJXcAA81BW.jpg

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I find the final scene of Ep06...implausible. Fire and Ice don't mix.

One theory/thought: Dany still needs 3 dragons, with 3 riders. Perhaps there will be a way to restore a White Walker to normal life?

The Ep07 preview looks to be setting up a...summit of queens and kings? That, of everything, seems implausible.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    but what if the dead dragon breath's ICE!....I thought an undead giant was going to be trouble....but an undead dragon!

I just...didn't like how that whole scene played out. The guy walks right up almost next to Drogon/Dany, unchallenged, and then throws the ice spear at one of the flying dragons? And doesn't throw one at Drogon, who is not even flying at the time? If he's that good of a shot, it doesn't even make sense.

And an ice dragon makes for cool visuals, but it just makes zero sense under the constraints of the ASOIAF universe. Dragons *are* fire. (Again, the only way this makes sense for me is if somehow Jon or someone turns the ice dragon back into a living dragon.)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm digging the "Bran is the Night King" theory. It really makes too much sense at this point.

There's an outlandish theory, that the White Walkers might not be the "bad guys," and that they are simply pissed off because the living broke the treaty they had by allowing people north of the wall.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I just...didn't like how that whole scene played out. The guy walks right up almost next to Drogon/Dany, unchallenged, and then throws the ice spear at one of the flying dragons? And doesn't throw one at Drogon, who is not even flying at the time? If he's that good of a shot, it doesn't even make sense.

And an ice dragon makes for cool visuals, but it just makes zero sense under the constraints of the ASOIAF universe. Dragons *are* fire. (Again, the only way this makes sense for me is if somehow Jon or someone turns the ice dragon back into a living dragon.)

Ice dragons | Game of Thrones Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    There's an outlandish theory, that the White Walkers might not be the "bad guys," and that they are simply pissed off because the living broke the treaty they had by allowing people north of the wall.

I agree that the theory is outlandish. As I see it the white walkers are in Game of Thrones what the weapon was in Star Treks "The Doomsday Machine." They were created by the children of the forest as the ultimate weapon against the first men that the children lost control of or never had control of.

The children were being slaughtered by the expansion of the first men and were desperate, but perhaps didn't fully understand the drive their golem would have. Once they understood their error it was too late, the Night King was free and on the warpath.

Regards,

Doug

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I just sit back and am entertained. DonMt really care about magic and plot holes, etc. I did correctly guess they would need dragons to escape the slaughter and that a dragon would be killed and turned into an undead one.

And the the blond queen chick is still hot. Probably more so when she's vulnerable and worried about snow in bed

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    I love the show and the dragons are the best representation I have seen in a movie so far. Undead dragon = pure awesomeness. Think about how powerful the Night King has to be in order to kill a dragon with one attack and can simply raise it by petting it's nose. My only beef is where did the undead army get all the anchor chains? Also I figured the undead army would be significantly larger.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I questioned the chains also.

why does water affect the dead people? Can't they just swim and then bust up through the ice? Do dead things breathe?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I love the show and the dragons are the best representation I have seen in a movie so far. Undead dragon = pure awesomeness. Think about how powerful the Night King has to be in order to kill a dragon with one attack and can simply raise it by petting it's nose. My only beef is where did the undead army get all the anchor chains? Also I figured the undead army would be significantly larger.

I think it is bigger. I saw no giants. Taking into acct the earlier seasons, the Night King can apparently raise (control?) people/undead from vast distances. I think his army is much, much larger... but then again, it is only confined to most the wildlings north of the Wall.

Top Bottom