• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    It's nice to be on top of a class for once. Having doublestrike capability with DA really cuts down on doing failure drills if a .22lr round doesn't fire - majority of the time, it'll fire and be back in SA to continue the string. When it doesn't, well, that's what practice is for.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    LOL my aim on small targets at 25yrds is my weak point with a pistol. I've only been shooting pistols for a year now and haven't had much practice. I'm not a bad shot, but I'm not great either. Shooting a small steel targets wouldn't be my strong point right now which is why I say I need practice. Hopefully I'll get a chance to practice more before next month's shoot! :rockwoot:

Waiting until you're "good enough" to compete is kind of like waiting until you're not a sinner before you go to church. Competition will make your shooting better, and it is practice if you approach it with the right attitude and goals.

As long as you can keep the muzzle pointed downrange and your booger-hooker off of the bang switch until you're ready to shoot, you're ready to shoot steel at MCF&G.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Ugh, I just looked at my work schedule for the rest of the year and I can't go to any more steel plate this year except for maybe December...shame i'll be in Florida. Time to buy some long johns I guess.

I wonder if I could find a match or two down around Orlando...

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    That'll make 2 of us.
    You would think until someone with a gun bigger than a .22 can beat me when I am using a 12 gauge that I would get to pick my own nickname?

Remind me to tell the story of when I was the South American exchange student who played football amazing well for a foreigner. :rockwoot:

As for arfcom members, I may be banned, hell for all I know for life, but it still makes me a member too!

For those of you so wowed by Slowhand's lever action skills. Duh ****in' duh, don't you get it? SLOW-hand, POR-no movies, lever action guns...................damn near have to draw some of you guys a map. Point is you are ready to compete even if you never shot a gun before.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ok Ok, I'll compete next time! Just don't get mad if I have to reload a magazine since I've only got three! LOL If I could find a FREAKING JOB SOMEWHERE I'd have money to get another one or two...

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Semi-Compact Baby Desert Eagle in 9mm. It's either that or my Kel-Tec P11 but I'm a much better shot with the Eagle.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Slow Hand is a ringer! He's a cowboy action shooter and he's doing what they do during their matches with their lever guns ... shoot steel plates!

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I've not shot a CAs match in three years! Plus, only shoot BP at CAs matches, so Ihave to shoot slower; have to wait for the smoke to clear!!!

Doug K

Top Bottom