• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'll be there! Can't wait to check this stuff out as this will the first one I've ever been too. You guys sure it doesn't cost to come watch? I'm not gonna get 20 questioned at the gate or nothing right? LOL

Caspian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Noblesville
    I'll be there! Can't wait to check this stuff out as this will the first one I've ever been too. You guys sure it doesn't cost to come watch? I'm not gonna get 20 questioned at the gate or nothing right? LOL

The only question that you might get is WHY didn't you bring your gun to shoot with us. If you have any quesitons ask any of the Ro's.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I can't make it tonight. The weather is not a factor, but I have too much <cough!> work <cough!> to do.

ARGH!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I'll try my best, I really need to get out and shoot some competition to burn off some stress! Should I bring the Barbie Gun?

I'll just say you have a hell of a belt buckle.

The only issue I noticed was on Stage 5, where at least with my squad, the timer was registering shots from Stage 4 due to the cover.

I did better than previous times I think, except for of course the off-hand string on Stage 4. We'll see when the scores come out.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Success!

Had a great time. I've found I shoot better tilting the gun just a hair. These sights should do fine.

homeboysiteslz8.jpg

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I can't make it tonight. The weather is not a factor, but I have too much <cough!> work <cough!> to do. ARGH!

Whatever....nothing that you couldn't have and most likely did put off until later. :dunno:

This is the first time that I have gone to this match and had alot of fun. Nice mix of stages and props, strong hand, weak hand, unloaded start and mandatory reloads were fun.
    Everything moved along quickly and everyone was very friendly and helpful.
    I would recommend this match to anyone that wants to get out there and have some fun shooting steel.

I shot like crap!!! Not a good night when you are reloading from picking the mag up off the ground!!!

I plan on making alot more of these.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    MY CAMERA SUCKS! BTW, I had flash go off twice, so I'm sorry if it messed anyone up. Even the thought of someone video'ing me would make me nervous so I'm sorry if that's how anyone was, that wasn't my intention. On a much better note, you all had some very nice hardware! Ive never seen some of the speedloaders and belts and mag holders, and, that was just awesome!! Glad I had a chance to get out and catch the match! Next time I'll get there earlier to help set up more.

ALSO, give me about an hour or so and I'll upload my videos. Be warned they are in AVI format and, again, my camera SUCKS! 3.2 mp just doesn't do it as well as it once did! I think the shockwaves help it work better though! :D

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Sorry for the short vids. I did best I could in all my excitement. I tried to get a little of everything but I didn't get much revolver. I pretty much stuck with Allen's group so I wasn't walking around causing a distraction. Besides, ole boy with the single stack 9mm that shot flames was real fun to watch! :D Sorry I'm horrible with names, you can smack me around later... Everyone did real well underpressure and I cant wait to get some more practice in so I can go try this. It looks like so much fun. I'd also like to get a chance to check out other matches besides just the Steel. I think watching guys moving and holster drawing would be a lot of fun. Be more fun to actually SHOOT but for now watching is educational until I get enough practice in.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I can't make it tonight. The weather is not a factor, but I have too much <cough!> work <cough!> to do.

ARGH!
    FRED RHINO..............................MALE PROSTITUTE!!

Well, we managed to trash talk it fine without you but still, you shoulda been there man.

We learned some stuff. Gangsta shooting style can work but it takes a lot of ammo, time and your targets must be perfectly still. French rifles work, see video for proof. When BigCraig does not shoot, stuff does not get broken, coincidence?

For the guys who lurk in the FNS threads and want to shoot it, this is as painless a shoot as there is. I am not a club member, but I have been in and seen a lot of clubs, I go to this shoot when I can. There is not a bunch of BS and politics during the shoot. The guys who organize this shoot do a great job given the rules and guidelines the club has in place. That is what brings me back to this and I brought a friend last night. I knew I could coach him some but that squad would handle things and I did not have to worry about him catching a bunch of crap as a newbie.

He left with a smile on his face and I am sure he will come back, with or without me. So if you thought about it in the past, come on out to this.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    It is a good time for sure. I really need to get out and do more competition. Nothing makes you shoot harder and faster than a timer next to your head and folks standing around qwatching. It was good to hang out with the guys and get to smell some burnt powder. I had a few misses, with both the levergun and my wife's rifle. Her rifle is not sighted in, so that was no suprise, but I hate to miss with that levergun!! I need to dust off the old handguns and shoot one next time. Just can't decide which one! Revolver or Auto. If Auto, Hi-Power or 1911, if 1911; Colt or Springfield? Too many choices! Guess it just dependsd on whnich one I get ammo loaded up for!! Good to see some of you guys out there last night. I didn't get to tlk to any other board members but .40cal Punisher, but I hope you guys had fun and will be back!

Doug K

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    if anyone wants copies of the pictures or vids your welcome to them. Contact me for AVI's of the vids.

Top Bottom