• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I wouldn't exactly call that everywhere, but it is a lot of wheres.
    I went to several large towns and cities in my area today.
    I must have drove over 200 miles.
    Still no signs of riots, no stores looted/closed, I haven't seen any car set on fire.
    Lots of tourists on the coast at the moment.
    All the restaurants and stores are open as usual.
    Regular police presence, no armored vehicles and no anti-riots units.

Those riots always happen in the same suburbs and districts.
    If you're outside those areas it's really peaceful.

Riots are not even in the top 10 most discussed topics when you meet people.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Some countries advised their citizens not to travel to France at the moment.
    Those tourists had no intention to go to the places where violence is taking place in the first place.
    It's like cancelling a trip to New York, or Vegas, because there's usual shootings and gang violence in the suburbs of Chicago.

Don't go to stupid places, at stupid hours, with stupid people. It's true in any country.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Hmmm. We have folks on the ground saying its not everywhere. And we have reporters saying its everywhere and EVERYONE is going to die if something isnt done.

Hmmmm.

Sounds kinda like the smoke issues here over the last 30 days.
    Smoke blows south over flyover country.
    Local media: Yeah, its a bit hazy due to smoke.
    National media: Oh, btw, there are forest fires in Canada.

Smoke shifts to NYC, DC and other "important" places.
    Local media: ZOMG! SOMEBODY HAS TO DO SOMETHING!!!!!
    National media: ZOMG! SOMEBODY HAS TO DO SOMETHING!!!!

So what important places are burning over there?
    To reinforce this idea and what @Sylvain is saying;

During the ice storm here in ‘91 my dad was in Utah skiing, and from the news he thought Ohio Indiana and Illinois was complete Armageddon, no one left alive. We had to work to convince him to stay out there, that the hogs were fine, we were fine, if you had to be without power for 10days it was the perfect temperature, at least for the hog barns.
    The media blew it up then, and think how much worse it is now.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    There is a fundraiser for the officer (and his family) who shot and killed the kid.
    It was started 4 days ago.

It now reached over 1.2 million dollars.
    With over 6K donations.

Some politicians were shocked that someone could start a fundraiser for a "murderer".

A first fundraiser was started on a French website and later closed. Now it moved to a US site.

It's still unclear if the officer and his family will get the money this time.
    A judge can still make it illegal.
    In France it's illegal to raise money pay a fine and pay legal fees.

A second fundraiser to support the mother of the kid who was killed by the officer reached 80K.
    We are over 1,430,000 USD tonight , with 67K donations in 4 days.
    Not sure if that officer will go back to work if he's freed of all charges.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    You'd think he'd want to prevent them from seeing and hearing stuff in the country. I mean, that's where the radicals are. :scratch:
    Do you think a ‘leader’ means what he says, or says what he needs to do what he thinks needs done?
    Do you think if Sylvain is being repressed that he would know it for sure? Not like in Monty python where they knew for sure.

Kind of playing devils advocate compared to my last post I know.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Do you think a ‘leader’ means what he says, or says what he needs to do what he thinks needs done?
    Do you think if Sylvain is being repressed that he would know it for sure? Not like in Monty python where they knew for sure.

Kind of playing devils advocate compared to my last post I know.
    A true leader should mean what he says and say what he means of course, but I suspect the latter.

Sylvain doesn't seem like he thinks he's being repressed (and +1 on the Python reference!).

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I saw some cockroaches in my pantry today, but they were only in my pantry, not the kitchen or bedrooms, so I did not call the exterminator. I told my friends, but they are still coming over for my annual Independence Day AR build.
    Good and fair example. The disease is spreading. Claiming, "the infection is over there, not where I'm at" doesn't make the infection ok. Invasion, labled migration by the state, is well underway. Persons with ill intent are in place. It's coming.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I went to several large towns and cities in my area today.
    I must have drove over 200 miles.
    Still no signs of riots, no stores looted/closed, I haven't seen any car set on fire.
    Lots of tourists on the coast at the moment.
    All the restaurants and stores are open as usual.
    Regular police presence, no armored vehicles and no anti-riots units.

Those riots always happen in the same suburbs and districts.
    If you're outside those areas it's really peaceful.

Riots are not even in the top 10 most discussed topics when you meet people.
    How was the weather? In the US firey protesters don’t tend to like bad weather. Rainy today? US Antifa be sitting at home in mom’s basement simpin’ girls on only fans.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I dunno. I think the guy has a point about letting the people who voted for this experience the ClownWorld™ proposed by nutty ideologues. I don't know if that awakens enough people though. I think that will only cause them to demand more authority from the government. He may be too young and naive to understand this is how some revolutions work.

If this is orchestrated by revolutionaries, civil unrest is a tool to get the masses to demand a government solution. This is how authoritarians come to power. Oh won't someone please make it stop!

He thinks the end of the logic is a regime in shambles. If revolution is the goal, then the muslims doing the violence are just useful idiots. The end of the logic is the people coming to a tipping point where they demand the government use more authority. If Macron won't do the things necessary to save the people from the mean people, along will come a Trudeaesque character to recommend an authoritarian solution. The people will not demand the right come in and clean things up. The press will see to it that the right is blamed for the violence.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I dunno. I think the guy has a point about letting the people who voted for this experience the ClownWorld™ proposed by nutty ideologues. I don't know if that awakens enough people though. I think that will only cause them to demand more authority from the government. He may be too young and naive to understand this is how some revolutions work.

If this is orchestrated by revolutionaries, civil unrest is a tool to get the masses to demand a government solution. This is how authoritarians come to power. Oh won't someone please make it stop!

He thinks the end of the logic is a regime in shambles. If revolution is the goal, then the muslims doing the violence are just useful idiots. The end of the logic is the people coming to a tipping point where they demand the government use more authority. If Macron won't do the things necessary to save the people from the mean people, along will come a Trudeaesque character to recommend an authoritarian solution. The people will not demand the right come in and clean things up. The press will see to it that the right is blamed for the violence.
    This is surely the trajectory we see most of the time.

Top Bottom