• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Considering all the anti-gun baloney that we typically see on news reports, the anti-gun loons claiming sporting rifles are "assault weapons" and so forth, I'm gonna give that piece an 'A+'.

And a big :thumbsup: to the INGO members in the story! :yesway:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    . . . I was a bit shocked to see the Boone County Sheriff carries a 1911:rockwoot:he gets a few extra cool points for that.

They are standard issue for Boone Co. Don't forget that Sheriff Ken is a Gunsite instructor in addition to being Shire Reeve of Ye Olde Boone County.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Please tell me I am not the only one that was doing this :scratch: at the statement made by Bob Airhead-son at around the 2:44-3:00 mark

"...the State doesn't issue a permit to own a gun (true), instead it issues a license to carry one (true-ish...for handguns only, and none needed to carry long guns)...just like this. And there's no such thing as a concealed weapons permit in Indiana (true), which means any licensed gun-owner could be carrying a weapon, and you'd never know it."

:scratch: :dunno: :scratch: :dunno: :scratch: Exsqueeze me??? What the hell is that supposed to mean?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Non-sequitur much there, Bob? You establish the fact, albeit in a round-about way, that open carry is legal, then you factually state that the LTCH is not a CONCEALED carry permit, then you jump on the express train to Stupid-ville with that nonsensical disconnected ending statement. Summing up the nonsense, "You don't need a permit to own a gun, only to carry one...it isn't a concealed permit (so they can open carry), and someone could carry concealed..!" :tantrum: :nuts: :rolleyes: :baby: :rolleyes: :nuts: :tantrum:

Well no screamin' eagle :poop:, Sherlock! And your point (other than spewing nonsense in a tone that implies that something is wrong with Indiana's LTCH...besides the fact that it exists at all, and turns a right into a taxable privilege) is???

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Bob's Job is trying to sell a story; to get people to bite. ... he's stating everything for the drama:

for the way we shared it via IMAGC:

https://www.facebook.com/IndianaMomsAgainstGunControl/posts/610048945753671
    We shared the advanced advertisement for this piece, and watched this bit of news ourselves. I had hoped to share this earlier, but there were a great deal of things going on this weekend. This is still very relevant. Overall, for the attitudes prevalent within the Main Stream Media (and yes, even the local Fox News Station), this is generally a very positive and informative piece for many folks. If you missed it or do not get WXIN Fox 59 from Indy we are providing a link to the news article write up and video (for as long as they keep them up on their page). The video is 7:00 min (after you site through the 15 second ad).

Overall the information is generally correct; especially that provided by Guy Relford, Ben Magenheimer, Sheriff Ken Campbell, and Clay Edinger. Sheriff Campbell’s statement “You can’t legislate safety …” is akin to the statement by Benjamin Franklin “Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety (and shall lose both)”. It is an old quote with many slight variations.

The reporter, Bob Donaldson, appeared to be trying to selling the story (which admittedly IS his JOB) with the tone in some of his statements: “Did you know in Indiana …”; “Unlike in other states …”; “In Indiana it is legal …”; as each ‘shocking’ legality was presented. There was no reference to the fact that these same ‘rules’ which do (or do not) apply to the carrying of a weapon in Indiana, are not entirely unique to Indiana, but are very seen in other states.
    An example from the article: it was implied to be shocking that Indiana does not require a permit to purchase or own a gun; but most states do not require a permit to purchase or own a gun. Without further details specific types or applicability, only 20 states have a requirement for a permit to purchase or own a firearm; and in many of those states that applies only to some specific types of guns. While we are ahead of most states in many aspects of exercising and protecting our 2A and Article 1 Section 32 rights; we are behind some in other areas.

The other partially disturbing aspect was seeing the very poor firearms handling by Mr. Donaldson, but it was stated at the end of the piece (and visible at times throughout) that this was in fact a toy gun, with an orange tip. At the end of the video clip, it does appear that the co-anchor Fanchon Stinger, has taken classes with her husband, and is a licensed carrier. (Kudos for taking responsibility Fanchon!)

There is also a quiz, 7 questions, available through the Fox 59 Facebook page (it may appear as an app). It seems that even with the research powers of the TV station, the confusion in some ways continues, as we do not believe the answer to 1 question is listed correctly. Feel free to take the quiz and report your result back to us. Remember – please “LIKE” “SHARE” and “COMMENT” frequently – It is vital that we each reach out to the uniformed around us, to keep reaching the uninformed. This is one easy way to do that! Thanks!
    --- BB3

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I work at the Fox 59 station pretty regularly, and I know several of the engineering staff (the people that actually make the place run properly) are extremely pro 2A, and at least one is an INGO member. Props for a good piece.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I work at the Fox 59 station pretty regularly, and I know several of the engineering staff (the people that actually make the place run properly) are extremely pro 2A, and at least one is an INGO member. Props for a good piece.

Any idea on what happend to the quiz?

On IMAGC we had this shared / linked and it is gone - there was some discussion of the Q?'s and Answers taking place.

Thanks - this is good to know. It seems like Fanchon Stinger and her husband are 2A people.

Top Bottom