• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    They say..."It takes one to know one" so....From a non gun reporter and a News station it wasn't too bad. Yea, a bit overboard in a few areas for the dramatic sales effect but not bad overall.
    4:00am comes early and for me to stay up that late shows my curiosity.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    For anyone that didn't get a chance to see it, here is the video.
    More Hoosiers arming themselves, but do they know their Indiana gun rights? | Fox 59 News ? fox59.com
    GAHH nobody in their right friggin mind would set their piece out on a table or bar top!!

I've seen it once. A guy was giving another guy a bunch of crap and telling him he was going to beat the crap out of him, wait until he leaves, etc. The guy kept blowing him off until the guy threatened to jump him when he left. He looked at him, called the bartender over and then asked the bartender "hold this for me", drew his pistol set it on the bar and pushed it towards the bartender. The bartender picked it up and put it behind the bar. Then he looked at the guy and said if you want to do this let's go. The guy mumbled something about just joking and then left in a hurry.

Since when did it become illegal to carry into "police stations" (per the quiz)?

I have no idea, there is the law about trafficking with an inmate, but I don't believe that would apply to most police stations.
    http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/code/title35/ar44.1/ch3.pdf

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    For anyone that didn't get a chance to see it, here is the video.
    More Hoosiers arming themselves, but do they know their Indiana gun rights? | Fox 59 News ? fox59.com

I've seen it once. A guy was giving another guy a bunch of crap and telling him he was going to beat the crap out of him, wait until he leaves, etc. The guy kept blowing him off until the guy threatened to jump him when he left. He looked at him, called the bartender over and then asked the bartender "hold this for me", drew his pistol set it on the bar and pushed it towards the bartender. The bartender picked it up and put it behind the bar. Then he looked at the guy and said if you want to do this let's go. The guy mumbled something about just joking and then left in a hurry.

I have no idea, there is the law about trafficking with an inmate, but I don't believe that would apply to most police stations.
    http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/code/title35/ar44.1/ch3.pdf

I saw the video this morning. All-in-all, I thought it was pretty good.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The wife and I watched it last night. It was spot on about the law. Guy and "TF" had good segments in it. Well done. I shut it off before the ugly moms ahainst guns started their crap. I did not want to shoot the TV.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Just watched the video. Over all, I think that they piece was well put together, and not slanted one direction or the other, just an informative news clip about Indiana gun laws. The reporter that was covering the story was obviously not the most familiar person around guns, and there were a few too many mexican carry shots, and lots of slide racking, but I think that is just the way things are produced any more. I was a bit shocked to see the Boone County Sheriff carries a 1911:rockwoot:he gets a few extra cool points for that.
    At the end of the video, the female reporter seemed to be MUCH better informed than the other guy, and wasnt shy at all about offering up that she and her husband went through an 8 hour class on guns (something tells me that she might be packing).

I think more people that are open, and casual, about guns and the legal use of them in sporting and defensive use being presented in a normal fashion is the best way to encourage those that are on the fence about the subject. Those that do not see eye to eye with the rest of us arent going to be influenced in a positive way if the only interaction they have with gun owners it demeaning, combative, or uninformative. Some just wont ever get it, and there isnt anything that we can do about that. All we can do as a whole is try to present our passion in a positive light, and to not come across as an attention whore every time someone tries to talk down about our rights.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    One thing that perked up my ears was a Fox Reporter who called MDA "Moms Against Guns." I wish they would just change their name to mean what they really want to do. The MDA spokesperson kept saying "we don't want to ban guns, just regulate them." That lie is so old and pretentious. It's impossible to have an argument with a group of people who won't even admit what they're really trying to do.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    One thing that perked up my ears was a Fox Reporter who called MDA "Moms Against Guns." I wish they would just change their name to mean what they really want to do. The MDA spokesperson kept saying "we don't want to ban guns, just regulate them." That lie is so old and pretentious. It's impossible to have an argument with a group of people who won't even admit what they're really trying to do.

Like so many other false pretense groups they are gathering funding/donations and it is going????????????

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Good story, especially from that channel.

I liked reading it better than watching the video, although I did both.

Couldn't take the quiz because it seems to be linked to Facebook.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN

They use that tactic because it works. Hitler didnt start out calling for the wholesale genocide of the Jewish people, he just wanted to "regulate" them. Somehow I dont believe regulate means what so many seem to think it means.:dunno:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There was a ridiculous segment on NBC local news last night about women carrying guns downtown due to the NRA convention.

Seriously. That was it. The two have zero connection, but that's what they made a story out of. The reporter had her "concerned" face, they talked to a cop, and some robust woman that had her "S&W M&P" on her. They focused on the word "concealed" a lot, made sure to get soundclips of her saying silly things, and essentially warned the populace that there would be tons of guns.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    They use that tactic because it works. Hitler didnt start out calling for the wholesale genocide of the Jewish people, he just wanted to "regulate" them. Somehow I dont believe regulate means what so many seem to think it means.:dunno:

Good point and very true. I just hope those that recognize the wolf is sheep's clothing can educate the sheep before its too late.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Way better video that I expected.
    It was good to see so many INGOers on there.
    And all the stories were ones that we have discussed on this board.
    The major downside I saw was too many fingers on triggers.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    The piece and facts were good, IMO. Good Job to the INGOers and Shrf Campbell.

The "TONE" of some of the facts ... "Indiana UNLIKE other states" ... like we are the ONLY one - I know they're trying to sell / market - drama does that.
    but totally unnecessary. I don't have time today to shoot it all down

I agree on the quiz ... carry in unsecured area of Police Station not prohibited to my knowledge, couldn't find in code.
    but a stricter interpretation might be what that is. :dunno: ...

off the convo center shortly ... hope to see some face - put some names ... etc. ... out for a bit.

ETA - the misstatement that BnB caught "MOMS AGAINST GUNS" - that made me laugh. I've talked w/ Mrs McNally - she is against guns period.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    The "TONE" of some of the facts ... "Indiana UNLIKE other states" ... like we are the ONLY one - I know they're trying to sell / market - drama does that.
    but totally unnecessary. I don't have time today to shoot it all down

A depends on perspective. It could have been more of a "Indiana doesnt have the nanny state laws that other states do, com to Indiana and be free" kinda tone. Either way, its kinda refreshing to see a piece on guns and gun owners, and not be painted as bloodthirsty barbarians that just want to get drunk, rape pillage and shoot up the town. Considering the norm, I would say this is at least a few steps in the right direction.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Not to bad of a story. I like that the woman reporter mentioned taking the class, and that it was necessary to refresh the class due to changes in law.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Not to bad of a story. I like that the woman reporter mentioned taking the class, and that it was necessary to refresh the class due to changes in law.
    Yep. Some of the media isn't as biased as we think. They have the license, own guns, and take some training courses.

Fairly well done piece. +1 to Guy, Frosty, and (uh, can't remember the name from up north). Well done!

Top Bottom