• ...and so much more!
  • nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    The riots last night were mainly in Brooklyn Center, a suburb north of Minneapolis proper.
    They seem to be focused around Daunte Wright and not George Floyd. 79 arrested.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    While he may have deserved to be restrained and maybe even arrested, he did not deserve to be sat on like a lump of meat for over ten (10) minutes. Restrain him, handcuff him, throw him the the back of the car, and move on.

Regards,

Doug
    They tried that, he fought them doing so. They had two officers outside the car, and one inside behind him trying to get him in. The decision was made to put him on the ground and restrain him until the ambulance arrived. They had already called for an ambulance on the way to the car, and called to tell them to get a move on.
    Yeah, because everybody loved Prince. :rockwoot:
    I won't say that, there were a couple of songs of his that I liked. I will say he was a hell of an artist though.
    I believe first they have to show that the jury or at least a member of the jury was aware of Waters statement
    I'd say they would have to show a likelihood of it at most. Two jurors admitted to seeing the new or at least hearing about it and were bumped. With the defense requesting the jury be sequestered and the judge denying, and a couple of them already admitting to watching the new. I'd say there is a likelihood of them being aware of it. Plus the fact that one of the jurors lived in the neighborhood where the female cop accidentally shot that man, and the riots in that area after the fact. I'd say there is a decent chance of a mistrial.
    That could be intimidating after you prove the jurors were aware it had happened, but you haven't.
    See above.
    So which is it? Were the jurors intimidated into their verdict? Or did they have an agenda from the very beginning to put him behind bars? You made both claims but they both cant be true.
    Could be some of both. There are 12 (plus alternates) on the jury.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The riots last night were mainly in Brooklyn Center, a suburb north of Minneapolis proper.
    They seem to be focused around Daunte Wright and not George Floyd. 79 arrested.
    Once again it will be used as an example of "systemic racism' just like it was in Floyd's case when there is no such evidence in either case to suggest that either were racially motivated.

Gotta keep the big lie alive.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    That's actually more believable. If his knee was preventing his lungs from expanding, that could cause problems breathing. Floyd had problems breathing in the car before he was restrained though. It's possible that Chauvin's knee on Floyd's back inhibited Floyd's breathing. We don't usually convict on "it's possiblbe". Saying "It's possible" implies reasonable doubt, especially when there is a plausible second explanation. Chauvin's knee on Floyd's back doesn't explain Floyd's trouble breathing when he was sitting in the squad car unrestrained.
    I honestly believe he was having a panic attack.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Yep, it’s a racial vote. I picked the White guy over the White guy.
    And I suggest you find a way to sit down and figure things out, because we know you ain’t sticking your neck out for anybody else who might be in trouble.

Keep driving the knife in deeper as you scream out in pain.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I want you to imagine an alternate reality...

One where cops and proud boys surrounded the court house for the entire trial, constantly demanding that Chauvin got released with no charges. After a year of police and proud boys rioting around the country and burning down low income housing, and murdering people. And then Ted Cruz flies out, and tells the crowd that they need to get more confrontational if Chauvin didn't walk.

How do you think the media and your average leftie would react?

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    There are still appeals to be made too.

Sentencing first. If not severe enough riots. If that doesn't work and it goes to appeal, more riots. They will happen. Auntie Maxine, pompous Pelosi, and Kamalalala don't have the control they assume they do!

Top Bottom