• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Would you be one of those intimidated people if you were on that jury? I’m wondering how many people here would vote to “appease the mob?”
    No because I'm well armed and would not hesitate to defend my home, family, or myself. I would have went by the facts and if on this jury it probably would have been a mistrial because of the crazy crap they convicted him on.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    If there were credible threats to my family from the blm terrorist mob I would probably think very seriously about protecting them and sacrificing Chauvin. I say this because there seems to be no other protection from LE or the government and we would be pretty much on our own against the mob that is talking openly about getting blood on their hands and calling for murder.
    Exactly. It’s easy to be brave behind the anonymity of the keyboard but those jurors know the real consequences. I’m just surprised they folded so fast.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Ya know for a whole forum full of people who say “judged by 12 rather than carried by 6” y’all sure do think the jury came to the wrong conclusion despite a video in which someone sat on someone’s neck for 10 minutes.

I know BLM doesn’t have many fans here but some bias is showing. I’m no fan of them myself but I sure don’t like the idea of the enforcers of the law being judge jury and executioner.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If there were credible threats to my family from the blm terrorist mob I would probably think very seriously about protecting them and sacrificing Chauvin. I say this because there seems to be no other protection from LE or the government and we would be pretty much on our own against the mob that is talking openly about getting blood on their hands and calling for murder.
    Pretty much every civil rights leader from the late 19th to late 20th Century had the same concerns, except that the threats made against them were well more deadly. They were apparently made of sterner stuff.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Ya know for a whole forum full of people who say “judged by 12 rather than carried by 6” y’all sure do think the jury came to the wrong conclusion despite a video in which someone sat on someone’s neck for 10 minutes.

I know BLM doesn’t have many fans here but some bias is showing. I’m no fan of them myself but I sure don’t like the idea of the enforcers of the law being judge jury and executioner.
    Did you see the entire video or just the one on TV?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Apparently, the “judged by 12,” only applies to a verdict they already know the outcome to.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    This isn't over. This verdict is only the beginning.

That said, I do question guilty of three (3) charges, such as they were. If one (1) of the charges was manslaughter, and the other abuse of authority of something like that, I would understand that. But murder & manslaughter? That doesn't seem right to me.

With my confusion in mind I DO believe Chauvin was guilty of at the very least manslaughter. He, to my mind, abused his authority and with callous disregard of human life caused the death of another human being. Guilty verdict = justice served.

I used to work in my fathers insurance office. People would pay their bills with cash. We went through a LOT of cash back then. On rare occasion when making a deposit we would be called out on having a counterfeit bill at the bank. We would be asked if we knew who gave it to us. We'd say "you're joking, right?" We had no clue out of $3,752.38 exactly who gave us what bill. We sucked up the loss, a report was filed, and we moved on. We were white men in business attire. I do believe Mr. Floyd was treated somewhat differently than we were.

While he may have deserved to be restrained and maybe even arrested, he did not deserve to be sat on like a lump of meat for over ten (10) minutes. Restrain him, handcuff him, throw him the the back of the car, and move on.

Of course I could also be totally wrong. I could have well misinterpreted multiple points of fact. But what I will not do is try to presume to know what the jury was thinking. They were not a hive mind. I do think they were silly finding guilty of all the charges they did, but beyond that? We'll see what happens.

Regards,

Doug

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    one theory floating around out there is that this is all laying the foundation to federalize all police everywhere in America
    This isn't a theory. The left has been pushing this idea for years. This is all part of the plan to get rid of local police and replace then with federal police from all over the United States. Who knows they might even hire out of country mercenaries to do the policing.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well the choice is simple, capitulate or do things that can't be talked about.

There's not really a middle ground left. So what exactly do you propose?
    How about vote your conscience, if on a jury? Just because you and others don’t have the stomach to do the right thing, don’t assume that is true for everyone else. If I was so worried about my and my family’s well-being, I’d move.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This isn't a theory. The left has been pushing this idea for years. This is all part of the plan to get rid of local police and replace then with federal police from all over the United States. Who knows they might even hire out of country mercenaries to do the policing.
    Not sure if srs?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    How about vote your conscience, if on a jury? Just because you and others don’t have the stomach to do the right thing, do assume that is true for everyone else. If I was so worried about my and my family’s well-being, I’d move.

Easier said than done after witnessing cities around the country being burned down and razed for the better part of a year, then being doxxed by reddit and blood being thrown on a witness' door.
    At some point, the risk isn't worth it. The government won't protect you, the police can't protect you, and while you might be able to shoot them if they come for you, you will be thrown in jail for the rest of your life.

All for what? To get a cop off who I'd say vaguely could be considered guilty of manslaughter? This isn't a cause worth dying for.

Top Bottom