• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Same as if they attempt to excuse for being black? Not allowed, they must articulate an allowable objection

And why not retired LEO to get around the active duty exception
    You live in a fantasy world if you don’t think jurors aren’t excused for being black. They just can’t say that out loud .

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I've had to be on jury notice 3 or 4 times in the years I've lived in Floyd County. Zero times have I ever had to report to the courthouse. I think all trials here must get canceled.
    The last time I had duty in Columbus (at the time we actually reported to the court house every day in order to form an available pool, and sat around and watched movies on DVD or read). I was never empaneled, but did go through voir dire once. Every case was settled by some kind of plea deal before it came to trial, many at the last minute as the window was closing

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If your standard is that someone could not be objective merely because they were employed in the same profession as the defendant, then the argument could certainly be made that someone could not be impartial because they shared the same 'lived experience'

If we're going to disregard differences from person to person in a large and varied group, one is no worse than the other
    Not my standard. Didn’t even imply that.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You live in a fantasy world if you don’t think jurors aren’t excused for being black. They just can’t say that out loud .
    Is it the same fantasy world of someone who believes there was anyone in the state of Minnesota who didn't know the particulars (or at least the MSM version of them) of the Floyd case and the potential for more rioting?

And are you saying that in that world jurors are never dismissed for being white when the defendant is black?

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    It could be "opportunistic".
    It could be she "evolved".
    Many people over their lives switch from "liberal" to "conservative".
    (which should tell young-uns, that there may be a reason for that)
    I`ve heard it said that: If you aren`t a liberal when you`re young, you don`t have a heart. If you`re not a conservative when you`re older, you don`t have a brain.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    France 1789?

American Colonies 1776?

Were those revolutions brought on by the "wealthy educated classes"? Not every good or bad new government is brought into power by the wealthy and educated.
    Yessss. Maximilien Robespierre was SO plebeian, don't you know

And Washington and Jefferson and most signatories were landed gentry and well educated for the day

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Is it the same fantasy world of someone who believes there was anyone in the state of Minnesota who didn't know the particulars (or at least the MSM version of them) of the Floyd case and the potential for more rioting?

And are you saying that in that world jurors are never dismissed for being white when the defendant is black?
    Yep. There has never been a White person dismissed from a jury because of the belief they might be biased. Not ever in the course of recorded human history. I can’t imagine a lawyer like Ben Crump even considering doing something like that.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Yep. There has never been a White person dismissed from a jury because of the belief they might be biased. Not ever in the course of recorded human history. I can’t imagine a lawyer like Ben Crump even considering doing something like that.
    Obviously you don't live in Ripley County because people get dismissed all the time for those reasons.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I wonder who told the terrorist rioters it was a good idea to burn down businesses in their own neighborhoods. Where are they going to get their next bag of toilet paper?

Obviously I wasn't consulted in their strategy meetings but that just seems stupid.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm sure the boots on the ground were behind it. Or were they just sheep?
    Do you honestly think that the proles had the free time available from struggling to make ends meet to be a member of the Jacobin Club or similar. It was driven by the idle and well-heeled

Edit: Just like today's 'revolution'

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I wonder who told the blacks it was a good idea to burn down businesses in their own neighborhoods. Where are they going to get their next bag of toilet paper?

Obviously I wasn't consulted in their strategy meetings but that just seems stupid.

Maybe we need more cultural education to understand the virtue of burning down a grocery store then complaining about a lack of food and jobs.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Do you honestly think that the proles had the free time available from struggling to make ends meet to be a member of the Jacobin Club or similar. It was driven by the idle and well-heeled

Edit: Just like today's 'revolution'
    The Jan 6. Capitol invasion? :dunno:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I wonder who told the blacks it was a good idea to burn down businesses in their own neighborhoods. Where are they going to get their next bag of toilet paper?

We move to the ‘burbs duh. How’d you think I ended up in Carmel? I burned down pretty much everything at 21st/Post

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010

Thats not offensive or anything.

Top Bottom