• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    When there isn't news to talk about threads drift. There are all kinds of shiny objects to go chase. When there's relevant news I'm sure INGO is capable of diverting to the new shiny object.
    When I look a new posts and I see this thread I'm hoping to hear new news, but the prattle is like the boy that cried wolf. LOL

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    When I look a new posts and I see this thread I'm hoping to hear new news, but the prattle is like the boy that cried wolf. LOL
    I think this story has mostly run it's course. Now all we're waiting for is the execution date length of sentence.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Well, where do we begin... rampant inflation, bad feelings from the getting kicked in the teeth after WWI, having to take full blame from WII, poverty, countering communist influences, the rise in fascism and nationalism across Europe...

And not every (educated) person in Germany went along with it.
    I am aware of what brought the Nazis to power. The inflation had been rectified in the 30s, although the resentment over WWI persisted. Can you name a political movement with 100% support? But it was the wealthy educated classes that brought the Nazis to power. They always really have the power.

I'm sure for each horrible regime that came into power, there were folks as equally impassioned, equally certain they knew the truth, and equally certain their enemies must be destroyed, equally sure they weren't supporting a fascist dictator, equally assured of their righteousness,and equally sure that theirs was the path to freedom and happiness as you are today.
    I really don't understand this bent you seem to have that you feel the need to paint those who value liberty as Nazis in waiting, while downplaying the threats to liberty posed by those who see individual liberty as a threat.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This thread is unreal, injecting the most contentious gun topic to lighten it up.
    I think sometimes I post some useful words. Maybe not often enough. There's an ignore feature if it's not often enough. Because I won't always stick strictly to the topic.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I really don't understand this bent you seem to have that you feel the need to paint those who value liberty as Nazis in waiting, while downplaying the threats to liberty posed by those who see individual liberty as a threat.

To look at what is going on would require thinking about the potential horror to come and the disruption of comfy lives, easier to believe it cannot happen and those discussing it are conspiracy theorists...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think sometimes I post some useful words. Maybe not often enough. There's an ignore feature if it's not often enough. Because I won't always stick strictly to the topic.
    You completely missed the intent of my post. It was an attempt, obviously failed, to point out that this thread was so intense that the most contentious topic on INGO would lighten it up.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    this is a thread about 4 officers and a black suspect dying in custody. Why are we talking about threats to liberty?

Actually I just responded to a conversation from yesterday, that you started. :p Actually started as my response to something you said.

Come on, this in INGO, you know this is par for the course.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I am aware of what brought the Nazis to power. The inflation had been rectified in the 30s, although the resentment over WWI persisted. Can you name a political movement with 100% support? But it was the wealthy educated classes that brought the Nazis to power. They always really have the power.
    France 1789?

American Colonies 1776?

Were those revolutions brought on by the "wealthy educated classes"? Not every good or bad new government is brought into power by the wealthy and educated.

Wait - WTF does this have to do with Floyd and Chauvin?!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ok my bad, I sort of shifted away from the jury of peers idea to jury bias in general, because that's really the root of the issue. I was saying that if you're saying a cop shouldn't sit on a jury because he might be able to put himself in the defendants shoes and that taints his judgement, than it would be equally true, using that logic, that a black person shouldn't sit on a jury because they might be able to put themselves in the victims shoes, tainting their judgement, especially considering all the race baiting propaganda flying around about policing and black folks.
    Well, attorneys do that already, for exactly the reason you stated. So, it really doesn't makes sense to issue a general ban on Black jurors because a victim is Black. Most jurors, I imagine DO put themselves in the victim's shoes; or at least a good attorney will try to get them to sympathize with their client; regardless of their color.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    France 1789?

American Colonies 1776?

Were those revolutions brought on by the "wealthy educated classes"? Not every good or bad new government is brought into power by the wealthy and educated.

Wait - WTF does this have to do with Floyd and Chauvin?!
    Yes, they always do.

This started because you responded to an comment I made to jamil. Feel free to use the little links at the top of the quoted posts to refresh your memory

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Well, attorneys do that already, for exactly the reason you stated. So, it really doesn't makes sense to issue a general ban on Black jurors because a victim is Black. Most jurors, I imagine DO put themselves in the victim's shoes; or at least a good attorney will try to get them to sympathize with their client; regardless of their color.
    You're putting words in my mouth. I didn't advocate for black jurors being excluded. I was applying the logic you used for why leo should not sit on jurys with a cop as defendant to black jurors with a black victim. Shouldn't jurors also put themselves in defendants shoes?

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    download (2).jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You're putting words in my mouth. I didn't advocate for black jurors being excluded. I was applying the logic you used for why leo should not sit on jurys with a cop as defendant to black jurors with a black victim. Shouldn't jurors also put themselves in defendants shoes?
    I didn't say LEOs shouldn't sit on juries. My entire argument, is that we don't craft juries based on the identity of the defendant/victim; outside of jury selection made by attorneys. A jury pool should be made up of legal citizens from that particular jurisdiction. Full stop.

Top Bottom