Founding Father of Democrat Party Thrown Off Money!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    I am actually amazed that we even use paper money any more for anything. Who's image is on it hardly seems important when there is nothing backing it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    As anyone heard that Jackson isn't being taken off the bill, but rather moved to the reverse side.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Yeah, a discussion about the merits or folly of completely changing probably the most popular denomination of currency is really all about this huge straw man of rampant racism among gun owners?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    If a person were to publicly publish that I am proslavery or a racist I would have no hesitation in both filing a suit against them for libel. Additionally, if they were an attorney, a disciplinary action as well. Both claims are categorically false, and I'm not going to have my name drug unjustly through the mud so that someone can try to make a point.

I have earned the reputation that I have, I'm not going to let someone I've never met run his mouth about it when he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Both accusations are vile and disgusting and I will countenance neither.

What name would that be? Fargo, or Bart Simpson? :):

Such dramatics........:faint:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I, and many others here, don't like being lumped in with that small minority of freakish deniers of history. The verbiage you typically use generalizes us all into one happy racist, careless group. That's what I don't like.

Again, you're smart enough to know that, so I have to assume you know what you're doing and you do it on purpose.

I am using footnotes so there are no misunderstandings, that way INGO* will understand.

*When I say INGO, I mean those that are confused by the implied "some" when speaking generally about a group of individuals. E.g. "America loves Obama." Obviously ALL of America does not love Obama, thus "a majority" is implied. See, e.g., "INGOers love the 1911." Obviously not ALL of INGO loves the 1911, so the "right-thinking segment of INGO" is implied.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    giphy.gif

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I like safe spaces and pretending to be the Princess and the Pea.*

*I don't like all safe spaces, especially those safe spaces with hippies.** I don't like all Princess, but I do like peas, but not peas with onions.

**When I say I don't like hippies, I don't mean hot hippie chicks, which if they are in yoga class with me, I am rather fond of.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I like popcorn.*

*When I say "I like popcorn" I don't mean all popcorn, especially the stuff with butter or cheese. Some is implied.

a saying that conveys a general sense of enjoyment, without implying that you like ALL types of popcorn.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    As anyone heard that Jackson isn't being taken off the bill, but rather moved to the reverse side.

I hate to interrupt with something to do with the original purpose of the thread, but yes, I heard that quite some time back. However, that doesn't really change things in any significant way.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Kirk, if I say Attorneys are stupid.

Somehow implied in that is that only some attorneys are stupid?

Cops are jerks. Somehow implied in that is that only SOME cops are jerks?

Those are blanket statements of similar style to what you say about "INGO." Although technically that may be the case, specifically leaving out the qualifying language is intentionally intended to insult everybody here. And you know it.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Somehow implied in that is that only some attorneys are stupid?

Correct.*

*By correct, I mean that statement only and not all statements.

BTW, I am offended by this generalized statement which has nothing to do with me and will run around the conference room table flailing my arms like a little girl* crying because you specifically insulted me because I am very sensitive and can feel the pea.

*By saying little girl I do not mean all little girls flail their arms and/or cry.

Cops are jerks. Somehow implied in that is that only SOME cops are jerks?

Correct.*

*By correct, I mean that statement only and not all statements.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    specifically leaving out the qualifying language is intentionally intended to insult everybody here. And you know it.

No, it is not. This is the use of the English language.

I do not have time to teach now. However, I'll be back to properly instruct INGO.*

*By INGO I not mean all of INGO, but only those that need to be instructed in the use of the English language and composition styles.

Top Bottom