Founding Father of Democrat Party Thrown Off Money!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Ok, I'm back, everyone out of his safe space and back at his desk.

There is nothing incorrect about the use of generalizations especially given the audience and specialized knowledge here.

Generalizations may be less than precise, but perfectly valid. I shall continue to do it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Holy ****! The law is curbstomping that dude!

What? All of them?

No. Just the ones curbstomping that dude.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Gosh, you're right. I've never, ever read a defense of the Confederacy on INGO.

I think we can admit that there are racists here. The peddle their poison in defense of "freedom" or the "Tenth Amendment". It's still disgusting.

What did you do? I step away from INGO for a couple of days and we're baiting people to take up the cause of the confederacy? Were you drunk or just felt like dredging this stuff up because you're mean?

There is a certain irony that it worked as well as it did. The secesh told everyone why they were seceding....and 150+ years later, people are still making up excuses for why they all must have been lying.

...and I get it. The aftermath of the Civil War resulted in the federal government's ever expanding power getting even greater. We don't like that....which is why it would have been a spectacular idea for the South to WILLINGLY stop subjugating their fellow human beings instead of having that impose upon them with everything that came with that.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Can you say that without causing a stampede to Safe Spaces?

Somehow this will be my fault. *sigh*

I don't think you understand how "safe spaces" work. You're using it as a shield here to justify your position... but let's recap.

You make an assertion that INGO has it's share of racists.
    People call you out on it, asking for evidence of such a claim.
    You use attempted exaggeration and humor to get away from it.

You aren't, in fact, some bastion of "trigger warning" that you're humorously trying to claim to be. You just said a crappy thing, and people want you to know how crappy it is.

Edit: And the thing is, you aren't wrong. Every community has it's share of something. I've seen racist commentary here on INGO, big freaking deal. It exists. But so do the race-baiters, who love to stir the pot.

Just use a finer brush with the accusations.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    #1 I'm sure it does, but
    #2 Previous sparring with the neo-confederates apparently shrunk their ranks a bit.

Right, they exist.

Pretty sure the ones I've seen, however, aren't really around anymore.

The broad assertion is the problem, as though INGO is any different from any other community on the internet.

Top Bottom