For those who have beat the nicotine monster...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I've done horribly. The stress from dealing with lice in the house drove me to smoke 5 yesterday and I went 10 hours today then I had one and had my second a couple hours ago. :xmad: Cold Turkey SUCKS!

Savage, I think the problem with your cold turkey approach is that it isn't actually cold turkey.

Cold turkey means that you stop. Stop means that you don't continue. One or two a day is not cold turkey. You may have weaned yourself down to one or two a day, but it sounds like you don't have a plan to get to zero a day.

Once you go Cold Turkey (ZERO FOR AN ENTIRE DAY), then you have stopped. The only way its going to get easier is to stop. I had my first smoke in months a couple of weeks ago and have been having urges ever since. The only way to make the urges go away is to wait it out. Having another smoke just means more urges later.

Quit already.

ottawa4

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    Set em down and walk away, but the urge really never goes away. Just stick with it. It's a filthy habit. You'll be glade when it's over.

Neo46121

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Putnam County
    :rolleyes:Ok curious how everyone is doing..I broke and had one yesterday. Today is better haven't had a single one but my bag of suckers are almost gone...

Still holding on. Almost broke down last night at the bonfire, but thanks to some good friends (they took it away from me before I could find a lighter) I'm still smoke free. And before anyone asks....yes there was beer involved. :dunno:

I had a customer come in earlier tonight with a cig he had knocked the cherry out of before he came in the store, the smell of that thing about made me sick, so I guess I'm doing something right :)

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    ...the smell of that thing about made me sick, so I guess I'm doing something right :)

YEP! I was EXTREMELY averse to the smell of smokers for at least two years after I quit. Now I sort of enjoy the stink... I get to think, "man, that dude STiNKS! I sure am glad I don't stink anymore!"

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Its been seven days for me and it sucks. I get head aches I've gone threw I don't know how many packs of gum. But I smell a lot better now and food tastes better.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom