For those who have beat the nicotine monster...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    When I decide I'm ready to quit, I'm going to use Chantix.

I know people who have smoked for longer than I have been alive and within a few weeks, the smell of a lit ciggy repulses them.

Might not work for everyone,but Chantix is the way to go.No cravings,withdraw, cigs just start tasting nasty,and you dont injoy smoking. Takes about a week.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Congrats Neo. 7 Months cold turkey here for me. I will never smoke another cig again. Never. The damage has already been done. I hope for your sake my freind you will never smoke another one too.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Congrats man glad to hear it! I quit just recently also and its a good feeling. I read that people who quit cold turkey are three times more successful than people who quit using a quit aid.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I smoked a cig this past weekend. A camel "blue"... WTF I understand from what I was told that it was REALLY a camel light. I'm addicted to cigs, but haven't smoked one for a couple of years until Saturday last.

( ever since I've had a bit of a craving, but nothing like when i originally quit 5+ years ago )

p.s. I still go the deer creek for concerts NOT verizon wireless, and it was ALWAYS the hoosier dome.

p.s.s. what are marlboro mediums now?

lyric911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Anderson
    I quit successfully twice (I know that sounds stupid but there was ~2 years in between smoking in there and now I'm done for good for ~4 years) using the patch stepping down as directed.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    "When I decide I'm ready to quit, I'm going to use Chantix."
    This cracks me up! Its like your saying, I know its killing all of you, but its not hurting me yet! You are a slave to the addiction and will be until you break it.

Be strong, go for a walk or a run, push yourself until your out of breath. Grab your pack and go hike in the hills.
    Make a gratitude list. Why you dont want to commit suicide.
    Make a list of the things you can do with 4000.00 xtra per year!
    Get the gum or the drug if you need to. Do whatever it takes. Have hard candy on hand all the time.
    I quit 22 years ago. After you quit, you'll just be amazed at all the people that are still smoking around you and throwing thier butts out the window.
    There are only 23% of people still too weak to quit. If you are smoking, you are weak! Are you weak? How can you protect yourself and your family if your too weak to do this? (Ok, im ribbin you a bit to stir your inner fight)

Good luck!

Glock19Dude

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had smoked for 14yrs. Age 16-30yrs old. I had tried to quit a few times in that span. Cold turkey, Nicorette gum and the patch. None of them worked for me, not saying they don't work, just not for me. I tried Chantix a little over 2yrs ago and I haven't had a cigarette since! Some people will talk about crazy side affects with Chantix but it doesn't happen to everyone. My only side affect was weird dreams involving people I went to middle school with that I've had no contact with since I was in school. Those went away after awhile and I'm glad I quit.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    I have 2 cigs left in my pack, and I'm going to try and quit AGAIN. I've quit so many times I lost count. The hubby is trying to quit too. Pray we don't kill each other...lol The last time I quit I used suckers and straws cut in half they helped but I picked them up (cigs) and forgot to put them back down. So now I get to quit again hopefully this time for good....

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    This is the first day of my 3rd week not smoking. Still thinking about smoking every half hour or so. Yesterday was the hardest day, so far....but I'm on my way.
    Things that are helping me....
    Give yourself a goal. At my one month mark, I'm getting a pool. 2 month mark, night out with friends....etc, etc.
    I write a lot. About smoking. Pros and cons and things like that. I also draw a lot.
    Work out. I've switched my addiction from smoking, to working out. Not sure how healthy that is...but it keeps me busy. DON'T over do it. Trust me.

One fall back I'm having is my OCD is worse since I haven't been smoking. Which is a royal pain in the arse.

DO NOT...use fireballs to stop smoking. OR cinnamon Altoids. You will get HUGE blisters in your mouth that hurt worse than walking on fire.

It really is mind over matter. Just waiting for the day where I don't even think about a smoke.

I wish you all the best. Hope everyone beats it.

Neo46121

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Putnam County
    Feels like I started a support group for all of INGOers trying to quit smoking :)

if we support each other we can all kick this habit for good. It feels good to know what everyone is going through and to be helping eachother through it. Much <3 for everybody on this

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom