• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    doesnt the bible say do more for others than you do for yourself?? im not greedy by any means i honestly dont care what the goverment does with my money cause there gonna take it and do what ever they want with it anyways ....aslong as i made another fellow human being happy in some shape or form im doing my christian duty and could care less what someone else has or does god will reward me with other things

Part of me agrees with you that the money will be taken either way and it does me no good to worry about where it goes. The other part of me says that I work for a living to pay my way through life and to earn what I have and we've got people like this out there who live better by doing nothing. They are rewarded for their sloth and lack of self-respect. Some folks need the assistance and that's fine with me, it's the people in stories like the ones in this thread that grate on my nerves.

elpenguin0717

Marksman
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    indy
    lol well iv gotten uses to the idea of taxes there not going anywhere anytime soon so im not being forced i started to consider it my weekly donation to our beloved goverment

dhnorris

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    hidden in a wall of mud
    A friend of mine who has all of his life from trapping furs at 13 all the way to his current job is getting laid off next week. He has never drawn anything from the government and he is sick of busting his ass so people that having never worked are getting fat off his money. He has had enough and is going to draw unemployment until his insurance runs out and then cobra pay for another 18 months. Another productive member of society is dropping out and going underground. How many more are doing just that? this scheme cannot continue the demoncrat and the republicrats go along their merry way furthering the downfall of the country that I love. We are %$#@ed from above and below.:twocents:

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    I recently stopped shopping in my local country markets and have been going into the NWI ghetto to shop at the large discount style grocery stores.

I had $500 and wanted to stock up big time.

I managed to fill 3 carts and stay under my budgeted money.

While there I saw carts full of frozen meals, pop, chips, just plain junk food. A good majority of these people were dressed far better then myself and the parking lot was full of vehicles far better then mine.

While waiting to checkout I noticed several people doing the card and then cash thing. I started a conversation with the lady behind me to pass time and she told me that I should shop either between the 6th and 14th or between the 19th and end of the month, that the lines are much shorter.

I asked her why and she says "Cause the money be all gone a couple days after it hit the card." I asked rather quizzically what she was referring to. She explained the welfare system. She then tells me he friend who is 42 gets almost $2000 a month for food. She has 7 children and 4 grandchildren living with her.

42 years old... How do you have 7 children and 4 grandchildren if you can not support them??

2nd question...

Welfare is not going away. How can they allow people to spend two to three times as much for garbage premade meals, soda, chips, pop-tarts and the like, when they could get twice as much healthier food for the same amount.

Spaghetti dinner for 2 for 2 days.
    Box of Spaghetti....$.89
    Can of Hunt's Sauce...$.99
    1 lb ground Italian Sausage....$2.59

That comes to $4.47 for 2 days worth of dinner.

People were buying the huge premade Lasagna dinners for over $15.00

I know mine taste better, is healthier, and cost 1/3 as much for twice the amount of food.

Is it just laziness or do people really not have the skills and ability to make their own meals?? I was shocked!! You don't notice that in the country. I am sure it happens but just the volume of people there made me take notice.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I recently stopped shopping in my local country markets and have been going into the NWI ghetto to shop at the large discount style grocery stores.

I had $500 and wanted to stock up big time.

I managed to fill 3 carts and stay under my budgeted money.

While there I saw carts full of frozen meals, pop, chips, just plain junk food. A good majority of these people were dressed far better then myself and the parking lot was full of vehicles far better then mine.

While waiting to checkout I noticed several people doing the card and then cash thing. I started a conversation with the lady behind me to pass time and she told me that I should shop either between the 6th and 14th or between the 19th and end of the month, that the lines are much shorter.

I asked her why and she says "Cause the money be all gone a couple days after it hit the card." I asked rather quizzically what she was referring to. She explained the welfare system. She then tells me he friend who is 42 gets almost $2000 a month for food. She has 7 children and 4 grandchildren living with her.

42 years old... How do you have 7 children and 4 grandchildren if you can not support them??

2nd question...

Welfare is not going away. How can they allow people to spend two to three times as much for garbage premade meals, soda, chips, pop-tarts and the like, when they could get twice as much healthier food for the same amount.

Spaghetti dinner for 2 for 2 days.
    Box of Spaghetti....$.89
    Can of Hunt's Sauce...$.99
    1 lb ground Italian Sausage....$2.59

That comes to $4.47 for 2 days worth of dinner.

People were buying the huge premade Lasagna dinners for over $15.00

I know mine taste better, is healthier, and cost 1/3 as much for twice the amount of food.

Is it just laziness or do people really not have the skills and ability to make their own meals?? I was shocked!! You don't notice that in the country. I am sure it happens but just the volume of people there made me take notice.

Twenty-five pound sack of beans at Sam's, twenty-five pound sack of rice. Around seven bucks each, it'll feed a family for a couple of months.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Twenty-five pound sack of beans at Sam's, twenty-five pound sack of rice. Around seven bucks each, it'll feed a family for a couple of months.

That's the way it used to be done. Now it's lobster tails and Mt. Dew on a special card so that nobody knows the difference. Ask some of the older folks you know whom were poor growing up what they ate for dinner...

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

Yes and Yes, if you're lazy and have no desire to learn, and know it will be provided for you, why would you try to learn?

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    It is also my understanding that giving a penny because that's all you have and you desire from your heart to do so is much greater than giving $100 by being forced to do so.

Correct, the Christian command of charity is not to make the receiver better, but to make the giver better. If you simply cede that duty to government, the charity is not of your doing.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    You just reminded me of a story. During the "summer celebration" i was eating at bravo on 86th street. 5 obese women with stupid hair noisily make their way through the front door. One asks the waiter, "ya'll !*&@%$ take EBT?" (electronic benefits transfer i.e. free money card). The waiter didn't understand what an EBT was which offended the card's possessor. She then asked, "how many cheeses yo lasagna got?" the very patient and proper waiter stated, "3" and began identifying each cheese with it's city/country of origin. The very rude free money recipient interrupted the waiter and stated, "ewwwwww 3?!!! Stouffers gots 5!" I could tell he wanted to bury a salad fork in her forehead. She decide to go somewhere else to spend OUR money.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Actual conversation I overheard at work last night. So a Cashier is ringing this lady and her teenage son up for some junk food (chips, cheese dip, pop, ice tea, and some of the ball park hot dogs we had on sale) and some milk. She gives the worthless hoosier card to the cashier and then her son asks when he gets one of those cards. She tells him, "Just as soon as your 18."

I had to walk to the stockroom and rage on some empty boxes. Thanks lady, way to set your kid up to be a lazy american like you are. I hope you die in a fire. And that is not sarcasm.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I think they should require stores to have one single check out for all food stamp and wic customers. Put big neon lights above it so taxpayers can walk by and see what kind of groceries they're buying with our money. If they have to wait 3 hours in line to check out, so be it.
    I think it should be an entire store with nothing but the bare essentials. No soda, no snack food, just what folks need to survive on.
    We can call it "The store where the leeches of society get their free food".

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    There used to be. But that was too degrading now you can shop anywhere. They used to have monopoly money, but that was too degrading now you get a credit card. You used to only be able to buy food...Later you could buy food or clothes....Now you can buy food or clothes oooorrrrrr just go to any bank machine and withdraw your "benefits" in multiples of $20.

and i quote:

Hoosier Works Card FAQ's

Q: What is EBT/Hoosier Works Card?
    A:
    EBT stands for Electronic Benefit Transfer. With EBT, Indiana will no longer issue paper food stamp coupons or TANF Checks. Instead, you will receive a plastic debit card called a Hoosier Works Card that is similar to an ATM and/or debit card. You will use it for food purchases or to access your cash benefits. As you make purchases, or withdraw cash benefits, your balance in your account will decrease.

YAY!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I traveled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.
    Benjamin Franklin, On the Price of Corn and Management of the Poor, November 1766

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I traveled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.
    Benjamin Franklin, On the Price of Corn and Management of the Poor, November 1766
    Yup.......Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, you feed him for life.
    IMO.....the only folks we need to give a free ride to are:
    Seniors, which have worked their asses off. They deserve it.
    Military. You serve our country, and get hurt, or have trouble finding work, free ride until you can get squared away. You deserve every penny.
    Folks with special needs. We should help then however we can.

Everybody else, there ain't a damn thing wrong with you. Get off your lazy asses and get to work.

Top Bottom