• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 762Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Some people sell the unemployment or (other free money) cards too. I've seen it at my work... guys in the plant who work full time but don't make a great wage.. asking around to see who has a state aid card for sale. Surprisingly, the cash value of the card is not that much lower than the credit the card has on it. I expected a .50 on the dollar sort of deal, but they are more like a $500 credit card for $450.

Not to get off topic, but if you think the free money thing sucks, you should see them at tax time. This year they schooled me on claiming other peoples babies and fake tax returns. Working adults, literally walking around asking other adults if they know of any babies they could claim. In a nutshell, the scam is that unemployed mother of (x) children sells the right to claim (x) child on a working persons taxes. If the working person gets 2k back for claiming the child, the biological mother gets up to a 50% cash cut of the extra return that the child is responsible for. Or, you can go the other route and and get "some guy that everyone goes to" to make up fake employment documents for you to file, and get a refund even though you haven't actually worked at all.

I'm confident that what I've heard of is only the tip of the iceberg on scamming.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Well since Mrs. Obama is so dead set on eating healthy. Why doesn't our goverment put together a healthy diet for the low income household that qualifies for the food stamp program. Only allow these healthy foods to be bought with the card. That way they can get fit and healthy enough to get out and "atleast" look for work

They mite get to fit & healthy, start having too many kids, then we'll be paying more welfare:(

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    My buddy up in Michigan found a receipt on the ground. The receipt is for 5 cases of Mountain Dew, 6 items labeled "Cold Water Lobster T" and 2 Porterhouse Steaks. The total of the bill comes out to $141.78. No tax was charged. The bottom of the receipt reads"Debt Food Stamps Tender".

It must be nice....

I can email anyone a copy of a scan of the receipt.

I wish most of us :ingo: members can afford to eat like them:xmad:

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    I wish most of us :ingo: members can afford to eat like them:xmad:

Agreed. I lost track of how many hours I worked last year (salaried so its not like it mattered, but I was raised to believe you worked till a job was done, be it in the 40 im paid for, or the 90 it really took), and come tax time, I owe the government another 2500$ on top of the money they already took from my check, yet I see these welfare people pumping out another unit living better than I do... Pisses me off more than I can put into words. I understand we need some kinda welfare system, but I always thought there should be some kinda limit. Like... you get x$ of FOOD (not money but actual food) for y months, after which point your own (or something like that, obviously something that draconian wouldn't actually work)

...don't even get me started on social security and medicare. Two programs ive paid how many thousands of dollars into knowing ill never see a dime out of?

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Wouldn't it be nice if there were limited breeding capabilities for people on food stamps. I mean if part of my money goes to feed them, then should not I have a say if they can have more children that I have to pay to feed?

I say if you're collecting WELFARE, FOOD STAMPS, then you need to wear an IUD & as long as you're collecting TAX PAYER hand-out you can't have the IUD removed. To remove the IUD you need to go two years with-out any WELFARE from the TAX PAYER:yesway:

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    Kind of off topic........

I had a girl approach me in Krogers last summer, she asked if I were paying with cash.

I started laughing and asked why it mattered. She said that she needed cash and would buy $300 worth of groceries for me, for $100 cash. I assumed she would have been using a welfare debit card.

I just walked away. :n00b:

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    If you are collecting any government welfare, other than your well earned social security and medicare and maybe a few other justified types of assistance, you should not be allowed to vote in any state or national election other than for wins on dancing with the stars. Why should the weak minded or lazy or just unfortunate parasites be allowed to vote in a politician that will just take more money out of my pocket to re-distribute my wealth? There are just too many dimwits and feeble minded people walking around who could not tell someone who was interviewing them who Joe Biden was. All they knew was hope and change and that the bammer would lead them all to the promised land where the streets would be paved with gold and they would dine on heavenly sent milk, honey and manna and they could all just lay around and breed like rats and cockroaches while the pockets of those evil rich people making more than 250K/year would be emptied to pay for their good time. I still remember that one misguided woman who was so happy that the bammer was elected because she would no longer have to make her house or car payments. I really hope that she has awoken to the truth that it is just not going to happen that way. I wonder why we have not had any more cash for clunker type of programs lately. I forget how much it actually cost per car, but it was much more expensive than the sticker price by a few times when all was said and done. All of you have a great weekend and enjoy it before the libs and the hands across the aisle republicans decide to take more money out of your pockets instead of drastically cutting some the their excessive spending.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Dave29, you should have taken her up on her offer and used her welfare card to stock up on food for SHTF day. She probably just searched around the store until she found someone who would do that with her.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Yeah, the WIC things can drive you to drinking. I guess they have to ring everything up separate... it seems like you stand there 5 minutes on each item. I always figure that the stuff they rang up before that on 2 or 3 different cards were food stamp cards.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Kind of off topic........

I had a girl approach me in Krogers last summer, she asked if I were paying with cash.

I started laughing and asked why it mattered. She said that she needed cash and would buy $300 worth of groceries for me, for $100 cash. I assumed she would have been using a welfare debit card.

I just walked away. :n00b:

:laugh: I'm sure she did find someone. She was pretty hot.

Aw, man. That was just the BEGINNING of the negotiation. You could of had the hundred bucks topped with some sweetener.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Yeah, the WIC things can drive you to drinking. I guess they have to ring everything up separate... it seems like you stand there 5 minutes on each item. I always figure that the stuff they rang up before that on 2 or 3 different cards were food stamp cards.

I think they should require stores to have one single check out for all food stamp and wic customers. Put big neon lights above it so taxpayers can walk by and see what kind of groceries they're buying with our money. If they have to wait 3 hours in line to check out, so be it.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I think they should require stores to have one single check out for all food stamp and wic customers. Put big neon lights above it so taxpayers can walk by and see what kind of groceries they're buying with our money. If they have to wait 3 hours in line to check out, so be it.
    I love this idea. And there should be at least one price check per customer over the loud speaker.

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    This thread makes my blood pressure go up.

I HATE freeloaders, and we our country just loves to cater to them. Our government is incompetent. If they somehow let the taxpayers decide who should qualify for foodstamps and other BS government programs, it would weed out almost all of the bad apples.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

Hey - as my four year old daughter would say - I know a good idea! What if they stopped FORCING us to pay for folks and allowed charity to work?! I would pay for some poor girl who had kids and her scumbag man left her on her own - oh wait, I already do pay for that, but by force. If it were charity, I could contribute to a charity that had standards that represented my beliefs.

I have no doubt, NO DOUBT, that the generous folks in this country would GLADLY and VOLUNTARILY help the people in need. No need to stick a gun in my face, bend me over, and have your way with my wallet. Just ask me nicely and demonstrate true need and I'll part with cash, hugs, toys and whatever else they need.

True story.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    This thread makes my blood pressure go up.

I HATE freeloaders, and we our country just loves to cater to them. Our government is incompetent. If they somehow let the taxpayers decide who should qualify for foodstamps and other BS government programs, it would weed out almost all of the bad apples.
    They do let the taxpayer decide by way of keep voting the same people in because this country is officially a democracy. The numbers will continue to go up.

elpenguin0717

Marksman
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    indy
    doesnt the bible say do more for others than you do for yourself?? im not greedy by any means i honestly dont care what the goverment does with my money cause there gonna take it and do what ever they want with it anyways ....aslong as i made another fellow human being happy in some shape or form im doing my christian duty and could care less what someone else has or does god will reward me with other things

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    doesnt the bible say do more for others than you do for yourself?? im not greedy by any means i honestly dont care what the goverment does with my money cause there gonna take it and do what ever they want with it anyways ....aslong as i made another fellow human being happy in some shape or form im doing my christian duty and could care less what someone else has or does god will reward me with other things

I don't think the Bible says you should take money from your fellow man at the point of a gun and give it to people whom YOU think deserve it. At least not the translations I've read.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I don't think the Bible says you should take money from your fellow man at the point of a gun and give it to people whom YOU think deserve it. At least not the translations I've read.

It is also my understanding that giving a penny because that's all you have and you desire from your heart to do so is much greater than giving $100 by being forced to do so.

Top Bottom