• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I am pleased to report having made the Bacon Explosion tonight. I have made an important discovery: Hormel Black Label bacon is not the correct thickness for this creation, and Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage is a bit thick to spread evenly. Nonetheless, the creation was quite tasty and yes, I think my cholesterol jumped about sixty points from having made it and eaten of it. This is not a problem; it is worth it, and I will consider contacting my doctor about doubling up on my lipitor for a day or so. :D

For those who wish to do more than salivate over the pictures, I do recommend that you find the thickest sliced bacon you can.

I am now going to go and vegetate in blissful torpor.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I am pleased to report having made the Bacon Explosion tonight. I have made an important discovery: Hormel Black Label bacon is not the correct thickness for this creation, and Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage is a bit thick to spread evenly. Nonetheless, the creation was quite tasty and yes, I think my cholesterol jumped about sixty points from having made it and eaten of it. This is not a problem; it is worth it, and I will consider contacting my doctor about doubling up on my lipitor for a day or so. :D

For those who wish to do more than salivate over the pictures, I do recommend that you find the thickest sliced bacon you can.

I am now going to go and vegetate in blissful torpor.

Blessings,
    Bill

Update:

My wife and I each had more of the Bacon Explosion mentioned above, today. On slicing off a round of it to reheat, she said...

"It needs more bacon." (I should mention that the outside was ten slices and the inside took nearly the entire remainder (that which did not get snacked upon in the cooking) of two full pounds.)

I replied with a hug and told her, "I love you!"

My arteries wept.

Blessings,
    Bill

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Nothing like a venison roast plugged with garlic then wrapped with bacon held with toothpicks.

Now, MORE BACON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PM3040.jpg

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I've been too busy eating bacon and watching Asian chicks in the girls with guns thread. *Waits for Lars to come comment on my Asian obsession*

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    It's just hard to follow a jacket patch of two pigs humping.

What do you post after that? There is no solid follow-up

Hmmm.... No follow up? Prepare to go running for your skillet!!!

bacondy3.gif

Ahhh, fresh BACON!
    BACON001.jpg

Crackle crackle crackle!!
    BACON003.jpg

Mmmmmm almost done......
    BACON004.jpg

Crispy, yummy, scruptious BAAACOONNNNNNN!!! Now what to go with it....
    BACON005.jpg

YAY!!!!
    BACON006.jpg

WAKEY WAKEY EGGS AND BACY!!!!!!!

:rockwoot:
    bacondance.gif

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Had my first 6 pieces of bacon not been snatched up during the cooking processes, I wouldn't have had to substitute baby chickens for piggies. But it's ok, because scrammbled eggs are GREAT with Bacon! :D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Again, why do you have to shove the bacon all the way to one side like that? The bacon should be taking the majority of the plate, and IF there's any room left over (!), you can maybe put on a crust of bread or a sliver of pancake or something.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Sorry Scutter. You guys at the Gold Dot Club got most of my Bacon and I had to make due with what was left. When there's not enough bacon, should I substitute with more meat? Or some kind of veggie?

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Sorry Scutter. You guys at the Gold Dot Club got most of my Bacon and I had to make due with what was left. When there's not enough bacon, should I substitute with more meat? Or some kind of veggie?

Vegetables aren't food. Vegetables are what food eats!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Vegetables aren't food. Vegetables are what food eats!

That's why I figured scrambled baby chickens next to my piggy strips would be better than bread or veggies... :D

If you people would quit taking all my Bacon, I'd have more for myself! But since I'm just such a nice guy, I like to share with my fellow INGOers! :buddies:

(we really need a share the bacon smilie)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Again, why do you have to shove the bacon all the way to one side like that? The bacon should be taking the majority of the plate, and IF there's any room left over (!), you can maybe put on a crust of bread or a sliver of pancake or something.

I can agree with that. Alternatively, you can cover the plate with pancake, toast, egg, hash browns, whatever... and cover the "whatever" in bacon, esp. if you make it in the oven rather than the pan. The strips lay out nice and flat and take up very little room individually.

Ryan,

You can't use the excuse of the Gold Dot Club. Pami keeps that fridge stocked full, so if you're using your own bacon, that's *your* fault.

10HR.jpg

See what I mean? That plate was stacked easily four times that full, and that was at least the second refill on it. Additionally, see how the eggs are hardly touched? I'm not much on wasting food, but a choice between eggs or bacon? No contest.

Yeah. Bacon rocks.
    bacondance.gif
    :rockwoot:--"FTW!"

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I would be interested in knowing if bacon sales in Indiana have risen in the last year since INGO acknowledged the Craving That Cannot Be Denied. I'm betting we at lest kicked it up a percentage point or two. :woot:

Top Bottom