• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Someone has a planeload of hostages. There was too much work to just ditch it in the ocean. No one claiming responsibility yet. This is all very interesting.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    What about the people on board? They'd have to know something was up. Even on 9/11 passengers on those planes made phonecalls or text messages home. I've also not been on a flight in the last 5 years or so that didn't have internet access/wifi available to passengers. Even if it was an overnight flight surely someone would be on board awake and alert, available to attempt a call or use the net.

Makes me wonder if the lack of communication and the apparent shutdown of all signals was a result of them being 'jammed' somehow.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    What about the people on board? They'd have to know something was up. Even on 9/11 passengers on those planes made phonecalls or text messages home. I've also not been on a flight in the last 5 years or so that didn't have internet access/wifi available to passengers. Even if it was an overnight flight surely someone would be on board awake and alert, available to attempt a call or use the net.

Makes me wonder if the lack of communication and the apparent shutdown of all signals was a result of them being 'jammed' somehow.

The calls made from the ill-fated 9/11 plane were at low altitude over an area with very good cell reception. Assuming Flight 370 was hijacked, the first thing they would do it make the passengers turn in their cell phones. Anyone who didn't and was caught trying to use it would be stood up and shot as a warning to others. The plane would then turn north over Myanmar which has virtually no cell towers, then continue north into China and another area with little to no cell towers.

Most people in the USA are spoiled by the number of towers we have to the point of not realizing that cell reception requires a tower within a few miles. Just for grins, look up the AT&T coverage in the Myanmar/China area and you will see a perfect flight path into China, a country that would not surprise me if it turns out they are looking the other way as the 777 landed in a remote airport.

By the way, a 777 flown by a good pilot would require a runway less than 5000 feet to land safely.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Pretty logical theory, but the plane was stolen so it could be reverse engineered......

Why would someone want to reverse engineer a 777? It's more expensive to build one from scratch than to buy one. The technology, though impressive, is not so advanced to not be available to the public, generally, or through corporate espionage.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Latest story on the news is that the FBI and NTSB suspect the plane may have been stolen to load up with explosives for future use as another 9/11 style bomb. No explanation offered for all the people on board.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    That's just a scare mongering way of saying "We don't know what the **** happened"

Hopefully you're right, because the alternatives are too scary. Those guys get paid to look into postulated scenarios like that. Somebody should. Personally I'll be happy when they find the plane.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Still, it seems a bit overkill, pardon the pun, to use a plane that large for anything. The simple act of stealing it seems to shed light on its possible use for nefarious purposes. I would think that those who would use it for that purpose would have wanted to avoid drawing any attention to themselves. Its size alone can't really make it a superior delivery system, can it?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It it's to be filled with explosives, I doubt it's a nuke given the size of the plane. So I Guess there's that silver lining.

silver tarnishes. I believe that with the seats out (only a few rows), a crude nuke would fit in there. Now, getting a hold of fissionable material is no easy task....that'll shine the silver a bit.

Top Bottom