• Flying Old Glory in "Distress"

• Total voters

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    You're free to fly it as you wish. My opinion is just that. But it won't be swayed by cheap grandstanding in the name of political dissent. :twocents:
    It isn't meant for you to even see it as a political dissent or grandstanding, it is a statement that this country is in distress, nothing more, nothing less. No one who it could be seen as a statement to, couldn't even see it anyway, I live too far off the road for anyone to see it anyway. It is for me and mine. Not a statement

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Looks like 47 of the 86 who voted are either flying their flag inverted also or at least agree that those who are, are not disrespecting her or our country.

We as a country are currently in a state of "Distress" so I will continue to fly her as I see fit. Like the OP however out of respect for the men and women who serve on the 4th and Veteran's Day it will be flown correctly.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Wow, wake up a 10month old thread and it becomes a pissing match. I'm not sure if the time has come to fly the flag in distress. I think that once that time comes (and I believe it is coming), all of us should be flying it in distress. A couple weeks or so ago, I saw one flying upside down on Southport Rd., near Mann. I wondered for a second if the person in that house was in trouble, or if they were making a statement. I drove on after chalking it up to the latter. I hope I wasn't wrong.

I can only imagine the response if I basically did a well-being check on some random stranger.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    normal_internet-seriousbusiness.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members