20 #'s of Crappie fillets:
    2012-04-19_21-44-05_775.jpg

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Went to the pond at the local city park a couple days ago...
    Saw plenty of tiny fish, nothing really biting, just bumps and nibbles.

Even my stand-by Renosky minnow let me down... Then tried a white/white RoadRunner Maribou (1/16), was harassed multiple times all the way to the surface and finally a little crappie took it. Only fish I caught all day...

Had a lot of problems with white fluff on the water, I'm assuming some sort of seed pods or seed "parachutes" from the trees around the pond. Spent as much time pulling little wraps of it off my line so I could cast properly as I did fishing... I think I'll wait until that crap is gone before I go out there again, lol.

Did see something interesting that I'll ask about in another thread once I see if the pics and video came out with anything clear...

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    Went to the pond at the local city park a couple days ago...
    Saw plenty of tiny fish, nothing really biting, just bumps and nibbles.

Even my stand-by Renosky minnow let me down... Then tried a white/white RoadRunner Maribou (1/16), was harassed multiple times all the way to the surface and finally a little crappie took it. Only fish I caught all day...

Had a lot of problems with white fluff on the water, I'm assuming some sort of seed pods or seed "parachutes" from the trees around the pond. Spent as much time pulling little wraps of it off my line so I could cast properly as I did fishing... I think I'll wait until that crap is gone before I go out there again, lol.

Did see something interesting that I'll ask about in another thread once I see if the pics and video came out with anything clear...

So uh what are you talking about I'm dying to know???

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    So uh what are you talking about I'm dying to know???

The lures or the other interesting thing?

Lures:
    Keystone Renosky
    PROD_369_bng-cart-resized.jpg

RoadRunner Maribou
    a20791c13521a17fac433f_m.jpg

Who was it talking about the RoadRunners in last years thread? (Hickman was it you?) and did you prefer the Maribou or the Curlytail?

The other interesting thing:
    Since I'm having camera issues, I'll just describe it and see if anyone can tell me what it was because I don't know, and post pics and vid later if I can get them off my camera...

Under a floating dock support (this pond used to have paddleboat rentals) there was a "ball" or "mass" of panfish (appeared to be small bluegill) maybe a foot across or little larger just swarming and swirling around. No idea how many fish in the "ball" probably upwards of 40-50, most of them were smaller (maybe 3"-4" or so?). Was underneath some small bit of floating... Moss? Algae? Sludge? And a stick or two...

What the heck were they doing? Was it a feeding group? Mating? Group of young finding safety in numbers? Watched it for probably close to 10 minutes, sometimes it was almost on the surface, sometimes maybe 5 or 6 inches under the surface... I'm stumped.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    when I see that white crap on the water, I leave. Nothing worse than getting all that on your line then in your reels!

I wasn't terribly worried about the reels, one ultralight Shakespeare underspin, and a old cheapo Shimano Rear drag spinner, neither have be re-lined this season and are due... And simple to take apart and clean.

Speaking of Rear Drag, why is it so hard to find rear drag spinning reels?
    I've always used my rear drag spinner (with the QuickFire II trigger), so it's just what I'm used to, but I like the drag at the back of the reel instead of top of the spool...

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Here's a 23", 5 pound channel I pulled out of Sullivan lake Friday evening. Stupid thing hit a white rooster tail while I was panfishing with the ultra lite. Need to get a new white rooster now.
    IMG_0097-1.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    The lures or the other interesting thing?
    The other interesting thing:
    Since I'm having camera issues, I'll just describe it and see if anyone can tell me what it was because I don't know, and post pics and vid later if I can get them off my camera...

Under a floating dock support (this pond used to have paddleboat rentals) there was a "ball" or "mass" of panfish (appeared to be small bluegill) maybe a foot across or little larger just swarming and swirling around. No idea how many fish in the "ball" probably upwards of 40-50, most of them were smaller (maybe 3"-4" or so?). Was underneath some small bit of floating... Moss? Algae? Sludge? And a stick or two...

What the heck were they doing? Was it a feeding group? Mating? Group of young finding safety in numbers? Watched it for probably close to 10 minutes, sometimes it was almost on the surface, sometimes maybe 5 or 6 inches under the surface... I'm stumped.

Group of young finding safety in numbers? I'd go with that one.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Fished a different creek this evening with much better results.

This was my 6th of the evening, think he was born Saturday :D

556164_10150866812248528_681323527_9910667_1172557622_n.jpg

JM didn't catch any, says I was hoggin them all

246562_10150866811233528_681323527_9910663_891216598_n.jpg

Top Bottom