fish selections.... 10 gal, going to 55 gal soon.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Would rainbow sharks eat betta pellets/flakes or dried bloodworms?
    All I can find in my book is the red tail shark and red fin shark Caleb, I figure they are probably close enough to be ok, it says flakes and small live foods, so flakes or bloodworms would be good for it. Can you post a pic of it? I wonder if it's not a red fin?

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    All I can find in my book is the red tail shark and red fin shark Caleb, I figure they are probably close enough to be ok, it says flakes and small live foods, so flakes or bloodworms would be good for it. Can you post a pic of it? I wonder if it's not a red fin?

I think its also known as red fin...

IMG_20131102_215745_545_zpsfe3abce3.jpg

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Yep, that's a Redfin, there is a white form to, and it says they are relatively peaceful and from the same general area as the betta, so if you wanted to add another you could.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Yep, that's a Redfin, there is a white form to, and it says they are relatively peaceful and from the same general area as the betta, so if you wanted to add another you could.

Thought they are too aggressive to have another shark in the tank

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I wouldn't feed them betta food, they may not be able to digest the granulated pellets well. The book I have says red tail sharks are intolerant on their own kind but the Redfin is peaceful, of course, fish are like people, you might have a jerk that doesn't like other fish? Most will be ok until they reach sexual maturity, then, again like males, they will be all frustrated and fight all the time. I would get a couple dwarf gouramis to put with him, they are pretty cool and pretty peaceful to.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I wouldn't feed them betta food, they may not be able to digest the granulated pellets well. The book I have says red tail sharks are intolerant on their own kind but the Redfin is peaceful, of course, fish are like people, you might have a jerk that doesn't like other fish? Most will be ok until they reach sexual maturity, then, again like males, they will be all frustrated and fight all the time. I would get a couple dwarf gouramis to put with him, they are pretty cool and pretty peaceful to.

Good info....however I still don't what to feed him.

Top Bottom