First they came for the air travelers... TSA agents hit the streets in Tennessee

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Never implied or stated it was a "good thing'.

Just seems the "its a conspricy" now lets run around with our hair on fire Paulbot thinks what is happening, is something new and improved.
    Feds have been checking trucks for many many years and it seems to me it is disengenous for them to start raising heck now after sitting on thier hands and keeping their mouths shut for the last 40 years. Where were they when the truckers were complaining in the 60s, 70s , 80s, 90s ?

Waiting for the internet? Sorry i didnt get the brochure in the mail telling us about all the abuses truck drivers were going through :dunno: Maybe next time you should send them to EVERYBODY instead of only other truck drivers. Might help get the word out :twocents:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    IL has had scanners that scan your whole vehicles for WMD's for a few years now. They sometimes post them on highways, so your WHOLE car is getting scanned as you drive through.
    Mmm, bask in that radiation.

VIPR teams are made up of local and state along with Federal Air marshals not normal TSA agents FYI.
    The Federalization of local police is one of the most dangerous things about this.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I had no idea that the Feds were doing random searches of truckers for 40 years. What department was doing them? I'd have been just as against it then as I am now. That said, the TSA has become such an abusive organization that this deserves a lot of attention and condemnation.
    When were they not doing it?

Am I the only one in here who:

Was ever subjected to a random search by Machine gun toting, dog leash controlling authority figures.....

On my school bus....

In the mid 70's?

Pulled over due to profiling as a possible drug runner in the South in the 1980's. I looked the part, hair, beard, truck driving at night.

I will leave out the scary stuff.

Also, the TSA is not so scary if you have a good Lawyer. A lot of what people complain about in regards to the TSA results in a Civil fine. About 1 to 2 years later you get the bill and they even offer you a deal to cut the total fine if you pay quickly. I am no fan of the TSA, I am just saying know your enemy.

When the term "Homeland Security" was coined, at that moment you knew what it meant. More citizens will now get The Full Monty.

Not directed at you Steve but on a side note:
    WTF will the Paul Bots do when he is once again set aside in the pantry? Oh wait, he extended his shelf life with his prodigy the Senator of TN, for which the masses have no idea is related to him. Christ, it will never end:ugh:

Where did Ron Paul stand on this? What someone puts in their butt is their business. Should I start a new thread so as not to Jack this one?
    Lawrence v. Texas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Again, I will ask. Which federal agency has been historically doing random searches of truckers?

I saw awhile back (a month ago maybe) that the Indiana State Police have been doing searches recently because some of the truckers are hauling food with the refrigeration turned off to save gas.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I had no idea that the Feds were doing random searches of truckers for 40 years. What department was doing them? I'd have been just as against it then as I am now. That said, the TSA has become such an abusive organization that this deserves a lot of attention and condemnation.

ICC inspectors and Dept of ag. inspectors.

The Interstate Commerce Commission (ICC) was the first independent US government regulatory agency, established by the Interstate Commerce Act of 1887. Throughout its history, until it was abolished in 1994,

Last edited:

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I saw awhile back (a month ago maybe) that the Indiana State Police have been doing searches recently because some of the truckers are hauling food with the refrigeration turned off to save gas.

Ethnic food service deliveries. Using med. to small box trucks, some with no reffer units at all.

Has not been an issue with trailer load carriers.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Tennessee becomes first state to deploy VIPR Teams statewide
    You're probably used to seeing TSA's signature blue uniforms at the airport, but now agents are hitting the interstates to fight terrorism with Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response (VIPR).

"Where is a terrorist more apt to be found? Not these days on an airplane more likely on the interstate," said Tennessee Department of Safety & Homeland Security Commissioner Bill Gibbons.

Tuesday Tennessee was first to deploy VIPR simultaneously at five weigh stations and two bus stations across the state.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    OK, there is an awful lot of namecalling here. It stops as of this post. No more "Paulbot", "gooforbrains", "Mr. Weenee", or anything else. If you need to address a specific person, please do so by their name or their screen name.

This is not a new rule. Confine your comments to the subject, not the person (or even group) posting it and no further mod action in this thread should be needed.

Thanks for your cooperation and assistance.

Blessings,
    Bill

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    IL has had scanners that scan your whole vehicles for WMD's for a few years now. They sometimes post them on highways, so your WHOLE car is getting scanned as you drive through.
    These scanners do not scan for WMDs. They record your License plate number. Thus allowing them to know where you were and when. Of course they will not store this data for any amount of time. Well, not unless no one realizes it and they can get away with it.

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    Alright fellow paulbots time to take a breath. This search and destroy mentality has to go.

The only person in this thread that attacked liberty is Wwwildthing. And don't pile on there either please.

Sincerely,
    Paulbot #3224532

If that's the way you read it... then you read it wrong.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    OK, there is an awful lot of namecalling here. It stops as of this post. No more "Paulbot", "gooforbrains", "Mr. Weenee", or anything else. If you need to address a specific person, please do so by their name or their screen name.

This is not a new rule. Confine your comments to the subject, not the person (or even group) posting it and no further mod action in this thread should be needed.

Thanks for your cooperation and assistance.

Blessings,
    Bill
    Really need to post this in several other threads as well.......... :rolleyes:

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    Dial down the hate... they're chasing suspected terrorist activity.

And so are the intrusive full-body scans at the airports I suppose? Could this be the civilian 'armed forces that will be equipped as well as the military' that Fearless Leader spoke of after his inauguration? Watch out liberty, the TSA is coming for you!

dhnorris

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    hidden in a wall of mud
    Please tsa don't touch "mr. Weenee" all joking aside alex jones may be right. We need to speak out and spread the word. A friend of mine former command sargent major of the army, veteran of ww2 korea and vietnam got shot in the leg at anzio on police checkpoints "hitler had checkpoints"

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Please tsa don't touch "mr. Weenee" all joking aside alex jones may be right. We need to speak out and spread the word. A friend of mine former command sargent major of the army, veteran of ww2 korea and vietnam got shot in the leg at anzio on police checkpoints "hitler had checkpoints"

Here is a great piece by Ron Paul about the TSA checkpoints:

[ame="http://youtu.be/QQr8_hhDkTo"]http://youtu.be/QQr8_hhDkTo[/ame]

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Good grief. He's done everything that a single Congressman can do. He's voted against it on multiple occasions and he has introduced legislation to prevent them from violating our civil rights. What you think will "probably" happen to that legislation has remarkably little value to this discussion.

You've already tried this tactic in other discussions. You looked equally foolish before. You should probably give it up.

Remember, the fact that Ron hasn't ripped off his mild-mannered congressman suit to show the big L on his chest and his red cape to destroy multiple agencies in a single bound proves he is a failure.

The others are still quite successful in pandering and accepting graft.

Top Bottom