First they came for the air travelers... TSA agents hit the streets in Tennessee

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    This part of that RP video really stood out from a 2A standpoint.
    Vigilant, observant, law-abiding, gun-owning citizens defend themselves and stop crimes every day before police can respond. That is the source of real security in America: the 2nd Amendment right to defend oneself. The answer is for people to be empowered to protect themselves. Yet how many weapons might these checkpoints confiscate? Even when individual go through all the legal hoops of licensing and permits, the chances of harassment or outright confiscation of weapons and detention of citizens when those weapons are found at a TSA checkpoint is extremely high.
    Disarming the highways and filling them full of jack-booted thugs demanding to see our papers is no way to make them safer. Instead, it is a great way to expand government surveillance powers and tighten the noose around our liberties.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    What 'personal liberty' would that be? The right to not die in a 'dirty nuke' attack?

I don't have a problem with that.

Umm, how about being secure in your person, places, and things, from a warrantless search or seizure.

You should read the Constitution sometime. It's chock full of radical concepts.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    What is keeping "them" from labeling anybody they want--anybody on this forum for instance--a terrorist, or at least a suspect????

Nothing is keeping them from it. In fact, they've ALREADY done that. A DHS memo a year or two ago claimed anyone who believed in gun ownership, read gun forums, liked Ron Paul, or distrusted the government was a "terrorist."

I'm sure there's a thread on here about it.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Halloween Checkpoints

Tennessee troopers will be setting up roadblocks to look for terrorists and drunk drivers. Its all for the children.

Halloween Checkpoints in Tennessee
    The Tennessee Highway Patrol would like to encourage everyone to take extra precautions this weekend to ensure a safe and happy Halloween. State troopers will conduct safety checkpoints, sobriety roadblocks, saturation patrols and using other enforcement techniques to look for aggressive or impaired drivers and ultimately save lives, according to a news release.

283360_224377917599717_165801456790697_571887_137888_n.jpg

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    This has been going on all over southern New Mexico and Arizona highways for years. A few years back while traveling through southern Illinois on I 57 we saw a sign that read "Drug Checkpoint Ahead." The next exit past the sign was where the actual "checkpoint" was. Anyone who got off the interstate drove right into the cops. They have more out of control LEO crap down in Illinois than you would believe. I'm so glad I don't live there any more.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    This just doesn't make sense. This whole HS thing has got to be pushed back somehow, maybe the next election. Have so many people given up on the constitution?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    In addition, we now have "Narcotics Checkpoints" as well.

Drivers face drug checkpoints on highways near Flint | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

This is occurring on I69.
    Indianapolis was doing this a few years back, and the SCOTUS shot these checkpoints down. I am surprised anyone is trying this again.

Indianapolis v. Edmonds: http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?court=us&vol=000&invol=99-1030

Reading further, the way they are conducting this is not even in line with 'legal' sobriety checkpoints. Amazing.

"We're doing everything by the book," Genesee County Undersheriff Christopher Swanson said. "We think there's major loads (of drugs) coming through here from all over, every day. And this is one of the tools we use -- narcotics checkpoints."
    And what book would that be, Mein Kampf?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom