First they came for the air travelers... TSA agents hit the streets in Tennessee

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    The inspections are still being run by the feds. They bring locals along for the ride.

TSA VIPR inspection program targets truck fleets

LOL. Loony TSA agents not qualified to do a safety inspection. That is why the troopers were doing the inspections. TSA is there to act like they are doing something. They will quit when they find out there are no wheel chair bound grandmothers or little kids to grope.

I loved this part: However, truck stop operations are being considered.

Yea private property inspections are being considered. LOL

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    The program the TSA was promoting was a federal program. Do you now want state officers promoting federal programs?:):
    We need this federal program because...?

You don't mind paying my share of the taxes going for this, do you?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    LOL. Loony TSA agents not qualified to do a safety inspection. That is why the troopers were doing the inspections. TSA is there to act like they are doing something. They will quit when they find out there are no wheel chair bound grandmothers or little kids to grope

Well as long as Hotdoger thinks it's ok then I guess it must be. Come on, guys. Let's just keep quiet. I'm sure VIPR will disappear quietly into the night. There's no way that it will morph into a bloated, invasive and abusive mess that airport security has become. No chance at all.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Federal checkpoints were rolled out simultaneously in seven locations on the streets of Tennessee this week. Weigh stations and bus stations seem to be their current focus. They came complete with Federal agents, constitution-free searches, terror-sniffing dogs, and plenty of B.S. "See Something, Say Something" propaganda.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMFZpKEahb0

Is it time yet? I think it is time.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Well as long as Hotdoger thinks it's ok then I guess it must be. Come on, guys. Let's just keep quiet. I'm sure VIPR will disappear quietly into the night. There's no way that it will morph into a bloated, invasive and abusive mess that airport security has become. No chance at all.

When did I say it was ok?

I hate the TSA.

These replies are exactly why I try not to engage Paulbots.
    Paulbotism is truly a mental disorder.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    When did I say it was ok?

I hate the TSA.

These replies are exactly why I try not to engage Paulbots.
    Paulbotism is truly a mental disorder.

You implied that it was not "worrisome" because all they did was hand out brochures and because they used locals to handle some of the searching.

Is it worrisome or isn't it? Make up your mind.

shooter651

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Oh No!! Watch out there's a terrorist lurking around every corner just waiting to kill us! Don't worry we'll keep you safe...but first you'll have to give up all those pesky rights...don't worry we won't abuse our power...

If they want to secure something why don't they start with the border!! Then we might actually know who's in the country..

Personally I find this scary! It's like they're testing the water..seeing how far they can go..next thing you know you have to go through checkpoints crossing state lines.. then to drive the the grocery store...then random home searches...

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    You implied that it was not "worrisome" because all they did was hand out brochures and because they used locals to handle some of the searching.

Is it worrisome or isn't it? Make up your mind.

Seeing I had my truck inspected and gone though with dogs long before there was a TSA the "worrisome" part may be your reaction but is just business as usual for me and thousands of other truck drivers.
    Catch on now?

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Thanks for the meaningful contribution to the discussion.

Thats why my "late to the party" comment. Truck drivers have endured the wrath of feds, state and locals LEOS for many , many years. All of sudden there is a video with more feds in it handing brochures to some truckers and it is some super duper conspiracy? Makes for a good belly laugh at the nievity.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    So your angry that Ron Paul wouldnt want these checkpoints? I cant relate to that, sorry :shrug:

Paul has never advocted for the feds to get out of truck inspections, just the closing of TSA. The inspections would go on since most are done by state LEOs.
    Read post 73 and try again. I have never advocated for the check points or the feds intrusion.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I have never advocated for the check points or the feds intrusion.

I may have missed it but you havent advocated AGAINST them either, it seems you just except them. While others worry that their rights are being infrindged upon, you dont even ask for the KY

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I may have missed it but you havent advocated AGAINST them either, it seems you just except them. While others worry that their rights are being infrindged upon, you dont even ask for the KY

Is is part of the trucking business and you have to accept it if you want to stay in business.

Just like the gun dealer who I am sure hates the regs and intrusion on them and their customers lives, but is something they have have to deal with on both sides of the counter.

Did you ask for the KY last time you bought a gun from a dealer? Or do you like it dry?

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Is is part of the trucking business and you have to accept it if you want to stay in business.

Just like the gun dealer who I am sure hates the regs and intrusion on them and their customers lives, but is something they have have to deal with on both sides of the counter.

Did you ask for the KY last time you bought a gun from a dealer? Or do you like it dry?

Oh I can be just as brutal as a Paulbot. Is that something to be proud of?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011

I buy my guns with a smile on my face :D Sometimes i even dry fire

Dont worry, Sarah Palin will be giving back all the money she collected for her campaign .... oh wait ...... sorry she's going to build a bigger fence and get a bigger bus, maybe next time

Top Bottom