• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Congrats! So who was your examinor? You've got Doudash on your timeline, is that who it ended up being? Did Corey do the transfer for you? I"m at about 10 1/2 weeks on my .30 cal can and it looks like I went pending three days after you did. Maybe I"ll have a nice new toy to play with next week sometime!

Doug K

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    Congrats! So who was your examinor? You've got Doudash on your timeline, is that who it ended up being? Did Corey do the transfer for you? I"m at about 10 1/2 weeks on my .30 cal can and it looks like I went pending three days after you did. Maybe I"ll have a nice new toy to play with next week sometime!

Doug K

As of now I believe it's still Doudash I didn't verify this time, but when the stamp comes in I can see. No my impression is Corey doesn't do "gun" transfers and suggested BGF.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    My impression is Corey doesn't do "gun" transfers and suggested BGF.

I change my policy daily......today I will do MG's under $5k. :):

No seriously, I did cut back on big $$$ transfers for insurance reasons. I have though accepted a couple $3k range SBR's and MG transfers in the last 6 months.

Congrats on the approval Eric!!! I bet Greg gets the paperwork before Friday. They say 1 to 2 weeks but it is usually 3-4 days.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Well I'm jumping the gun here a little bit!

I just called BATFE to check on one of my supressors to see if it was pending, which it is. So since I had the lady on the phone I asked her to check on one more for me. My M16 was already pending but I figured what the heck. She said it was approved on 7-12. So now I wait an est 1 -2 weeks for the stamp to be mailed to the FFL.

Whoohoo!!

:ar15:

Congratulations:ar15:. And kiss you're life saving good bye :D ammo is pricey:ar15:

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    The wait is OVER !

Well it finally made it. My first NFA purchase is compelete. The tax stamp arrived today and I picked it up after lunch. Here are a few cell phone picks of my new toy, with happy switch.

Odd thing is I mailed two form 1s the same day and havent seen them, and I thought those would show up first. But I'm not complaining :D

Sorry pics are a little blury from cell phone.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

HAPPY SWITCH
    picture.php

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    So who was your examinor? You've got Doudash on your timeline, is that who it ended up being?
    Doug K

Doug the stamp did come back with Doudash as the examiner. I guess since my form 4 came back sooner than I expected and twice my pending and approval dates were dated on a sunday. I'm guessing she works from home. So for now shes on my "like" examiner list cause I've heard stories of Ashton.:popcorn:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    WOW, that is extremely cool. How did you hold your camera still enough to get such good pic's :D. I would have been shaking with excitement. I'll test my ability to contain my excitement some day soon, but for now I'll just live vicariously through you. Thanks for posting this process and the pics. Now, I'll wait patiently for the videos :ar15::popcorn:

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    WOW, that is extremely cool. How did you hold your camera still enough to get such good pic's :D. I would have been shaking with excitement. I'll test my ability to contain my excitement some day soon, but for now I'll just live vicariously through you. Thanks for posting this process and the pics. Now, I'll wait patiently for the videos :ar15::popcorn:

Well I took a few extra pics because I was shaking, but I've had it about 8 hours so I've calmed down a little :) But the cheesy grin is still there.:D Oh yes I will have some video just as soon as I get some time to take her out.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Well I took a few extra pics because I was shaking, but I've had it about 8 hours so I've calmed down a little :) But the cheesy grin is still there.:D Oh yes I will have some video just as soon as I get some time to take her out.
    You'll prob. need someone to help hold the camera.:wavey:

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008

Congratulations again. Very nice M16. Have you had a chance to 'test fire' it yet. I know I couldn't wait...

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    I've had a few PM's for an update on the new toy so I thought I would post it in the old thread to let everyone see.

You all remember how she looked when I got her right? Just your classic M16A1.

M16A1-008.jpg

Well two months later she looks like this:

Guns-054.jpg

Guns-056.jpg

Guns-055.jpg

So I completely removed everything but the lower parts kit from the receiver, buffer, stock, complete upper - all gone into storage -

Got a LMT 10.5 standard upper for it with the handguards.
    Took that and removed the handguards, the front sight gas block and barrel nut.

Installed a 10" Daniel Defense Lite Rail over the barrel. Cut the front sight off to make a low profile gas block and installed it back onto the barrel.
    Added a cheapo BSA red dot sight I had for now.

Replaced the stock pistol grip with a Magpul, replaced the buffer tube, spring and buffer with new. Replaced the butt stock with a Magpul ACS stock. Added Daniel Defense front grip.

Magazine - added the 150 round Armatec Saw-Mag Drum to give me a nice extra second of Full Auto fun.

I think that should get everyone caught up. :ar15:

Last edited:

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    150rd drum.....sweet!!! I've got to get one of those, just what I need to melt my gas tube.:D Have you tried it yet?

Yes as a matter of fact today we did just that.

Thanks to lovemywoods and esrice for the assistance.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KRILbaMUss"]YouTube - M16A1 full auto with LMT upper and Armatec SAW-MAG[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfSjw22nheA[/ame]

Last edited:
    Top Bottom