• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    Besides the two web sites to peruse. I've had two offers since yesterday on my WTB posting.

One was for a NIB M16A1 never fired for 17.5 which has collector written all over it and more then I want to pay.

The other sent me a link to his web site: Home Page of David Spiwak - Machine Guns

He has a few listed and he has more then just M16's incase anyone else wants to peruse his sight.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    17+K to pricey for that M16A1. I realize never fired drives up the price BUT unless you want to leave in that condition, leave it. See my pm.

Ok may be an a ok price (just so the class 3 dealer's on here don't think I am low-baller :D) But it's a collector's item that requires the right buyer for the price.

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    For those who are following along. I've had about 7 offers from my WTB posts online so far and of those 4 of them are for almost new M16A1's. All of them have had between 100-1000 rounds through them. Everyone one of them is asking 14K. So now its trying to figure out of those, which is best and is the price right for what they have.

One of them is actually in Carmel so I'm going to try and hook up with the dealer and go take a look at it and see what I think.

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    I finally got an offer for a nice M16A1 that I couldnt pass up. I've got the check on its way to him with a copy of my dealers FFL and SOT and hopefully NFA will be kind and approve the dealer transfer in a month and I'll be able to see it for myself, even if I can't take it home till the colts win the 2011 super bowl. :D I can still visit right.

Best part is my father lives 20 min from the dealer and was able to go and verify the rifle and make sure the pictures and the serial matched what I was given.

So now..... I wait.... and forget about it...

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    I've been following this thread, since I'm interested in this too. It would be appreciated if you give some feedback on how your progress goes and how you like the new toy.

You know, it seems almost criminal to charge $14-20k for a firearm that probably cost $400 brand new, but I guess that's what it takes to get into the game, huh?

Darn shame they won't roll back this nonsense so that the average Joe could pick one up for about the same cost as LE.;)

Ahhh, the good old days. I still kick myself.

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    Update - SBR - Surpressor questions

Update:

I'll start a post this in the timeline thread above to track.

The Form 3 for the M16A1 was mailed into the NFA today to begin the transfer to BGF
    So fingers crossed hopefully in a month I can go see her for myself.

Off topic I'm beginning to put together my next thoughts for when it arrives.

How many here have gone through the process and converted their full auto lower into a SBR? I'm wanting to do this just not sure if I should with this one being in Mint maybe I should leave well enough alone? I can always change the upper w/ 16"+ barrel and call it good and keep the original upper in storage.

Second is a surpressor - thinking Gemtech Halo but would like to hear if someone likes something better? I do have another AR I could use it on, but could just as easily buy two threaded.

Finally SBR uppers - recammendations? Who do you have or what uppers do you like?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    How many here have gone through the process and converted their full auto lower into a SBR?

Nobody. ;) Machine Gun trumps SBR; thus, your machine gun can have any barrel length you want. Only time the SBR thing comes into play is when you're talking a semi-auto "host" for a registered auto sear or Lightning Link, and you want to be able to legally maintain the short-barreled configuration when the registered auto part is removed (installed in a different host).

Second is a surpressor - thinking Gemtech Halo but would like to hear if someone likes something better?

IMO, you can't beat the HALO for versatility. That said, there are cans out there that are quieter and/or create less POI shift when mounting/dismounting. Might also look at the Gemtech G5, Surefire, or AAC.

Finally SBR uppers - recammendations? Who do you have or what uppers do you like?

LMT 10.5" or BCM 11.5" would be my choices.

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    Update 3-8-10

I updated the timeline thread to reflect:

The form three on the M16 was approved today. Took almost 1 month.
    Dealer will be shipping it Wednesday and hopefully I'll have my paperwork submitted next week. Can't wait to see it for myself.:ar15:

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Im not really anti the high cost of the full auto stuff...... It makes it harder to get so harder for people to take them and go on a shooting rampage...... not that people dont convert to full auto in a less then legal way.

I am a belt fed guy (would still like a full auto M-16)..... I have seen M60's go for from 45k-60k...... the 60k one had the original receipt....... the grand total on that receipt was a little over 3k haha.

If I don't get back into racing at least big money racing I will most likley get some full auto toy's...... I will have to have a killer safe before then and most likley will not post about it haha........ for that kind of money I am not going to risk some theif seeing it online and finding out my address haha.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Im not really anti the high cost of the full auto stuff...... It makes it harder to get so harder for people to take them and go on a shooting rampage...... not that people dont convert to full auto in a less then legal way.
    This is the same type of thinking that led to the NFA '34 in the first place, and to the (D)Hughes amendment to the '86 FOPA, and to an extent, all gun control laws. The DNC is down the road, on the left. You can't miss it. It's marked by signs saying:
    "...common sense gun laws..."
    "...reasonable restrictions..."
    "We support the 2nd Amendment, but..."
    "We just want people licensed and registered..."

If I don't get back into racing at least big money racing I will most likley get some full auto toy's...... I will have to have a killer safe before then and most likley will not post about it haha........ for that kind of money I am not going to risk some theif seeing it online and finding out my address haha.
    The points on OPSEC and PERSEC are well taken, though.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    This is the same type of thinking that led to the NFA '34 in the first place, and to the (D)Hughes amendment to the '86 FOPA, and to an extent, all gun control laws. The DNC is down the road, on the left. You can't miss it. It's marked by signs saying:
    "...common sense gun laws..."
    "...reasonable restrictions..."
    "We support the 2nd Amendment, but..."
    "We just want people licensed and registered..."

The points on OPSEC and PERSEC are well taken, though.

My post was a little confusing..... I was trying to say that the cost's make's it harder for the nut job's to get but then realized that if someone wanted to they would just convert something to full auto the not so legal way any way haha.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Anytime someone says "it makes it harder to..." and it's related to guns, it makes me cringe. I understand what you're saying because I used to think that way but now I'm more interested in freedom than in safety.

What you may or may not realize is that if someone wanted to get a full auto and not follow the legal protocol to do so, they could probably take a short trip to Mexico and pick up full auto toys for about a tenth of the United States registered asking price. Money isn't the issue.

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    Its arrived

Happy to say at least my new best friend has arrived in Indiana.

Now to begin the form 4 paperwork.

A few pictures - never mind the cheesey grin :D

picture.php

picture.php

Ah the part I get to bring home as a reminder :ar15:
    picture.php

Top Bottom