• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    So yesterday I decided to OC for the first time. i went to the Greenwood Walmart to get the oil changed in my car. I only got a long stare from some employee as he walked by.Then I went and got my haircut and as I was walking out, two girl between about 16 and 18 screamed. Then when I went to the Avon Walmart, not a word was said but my girlfriend told me afterwards that some employee had been following us around the store.

We went to my cousin's daughter's birthday party. Her older brother was carrying as well so we talked for a bit. I got a few comments like "what's that on your hip?" and "does that make you feel brave?" But the one that surprised me most was I talked to my uncle who is with the sheriff's department. He said "this isn't that kind of party," and he pulled my shirt over the gun. He claims it's a "tactical advantage" to carry concealed but it's not as comfortable. Then we went to the movies and not a word was said.

All in all, I think I'll keep OCing because the sheeple in my daily routine never bleeted.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I take it from your avatar that you are a police officer and people were freaked by OC? Tactical advantage is gone in the first milliseconds after the gun clears the holster anyway. The real tactical advantage come from training not from the initial starting point of the firearm. Glad you took the plunge to OC. I mostly CC but occasionally I will OC my full size 1911.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    I take it from your avatar that you are a police officer and people were freaked by OC? Tactical advantage is gone in the first milliseconds after the gun clears the holster anyway. The real tactical advantage come from training not from the initial starting point of the firearm. Glad you took the plunge to OC. I mostly CC but occasionally I will OC my full size 1911.

I don't agree with the first millisecond being the only tactical advantage. i CC every day of my life and it's because of my job.
    i don't want you knowing i'm armed until i pull it to shoot you..
    i've made it a point to draw my gun in serious/close encounters.. i'm confortable with my gun being MY gun.. you don't need to look or touch

(i'm not bein a troll or an ass.. this is just what i think.)

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    and to the OP.. i would of laughed at the "brave comment" unless you were walking around just so people could see it. of you were poking your chest out that much further.. i wouldn't of carried at the party.. just because i wouldn't want to attention or to scare people..
    that's why i train to fight as well as carrying my pistol.....

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    that's why i train to fight as well as carrying my pistol.....

Yeah I used to also, but as of last year. I only have one lung and beings I am 5'10 and about 280 I dont have the air to fight anymoreor exercise....I find if I OC there is less of the sticking out of chest for all involved......

And if it escalates...like i said, I cant fight anymore anyway!!!

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    Yeah I used to also, but as of last year. I only have one lung and beings I am 5'10 and about 280 I dont have the air to fight anymoreor exercise....I find if I OC there is less of the sticking out of chest for all involved......

And if it escalates...like i said, I cant fight anymore anyway!!!

understandable.. but in your situation.. i'd still CC and then when they think they can woop up on you.. then go for the firearm.. like i said i'm not trying to step on toes.. just voicing my openion

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    I would have punched my uncle in the face if he tried to cover my gun. I don't care if you're family or not, that's just not cool.

depends where this B-dday party was.. if i'm your uncle and it's at my house.. you'll cover the gun up or get the hell out.. (if that's how he feels) if there were a bunch of younger children running around and the uncle was just looking out for them and not trying to scare them.. i'd understand. but if you're at my house all the little kids would want to see or ask what kind it is. :D:D

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Tactical advantage... :lmfao:

Lure them in by looking weak, then you get to pull it out and blast them! :rockwoot:

Some people are actually more interested in deterring would-be attackers - even if that means their odds of needing to use it decrease.

Tell your uncle his opinion is flawed unless he's hunting bad guys and wants to sneak up on them for some reason.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    Tactical advantage... :lmfao:

Lure them in by looking weak, then you get to pull it out and blast them! :rockwoot:

Some people are actually more interested in deterring would-be attackers - even if that means their odds of needing to use it decrease.

Tell your uncle his opinion is flawed unless he's hunting bad guys and wants to sneak up on them for some reason.

+1 !!!!

IndyPrepper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    I OC yesterday a Beech Grove Walmart. Pretty uneventful, I did make note that when we (my wife and I) got in line no one got in line behind us.. This wouldn't have gotten my attention except for the fact that the 2 lines next to us had 3 people deep. LOL

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I OC yesterday a Beech Grove Walmart. Pretty uneventful, I did make note that when we (my wife and I) got in line no one got in line behind us.. This wouldn't have gotten my attention except for the fact that the 2 lines next to us had 3 people deep. LOL

That's a great system! Does it work with urinals, movie theaters, and waiting rooms too?

robstrosity

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Greenwood
    Its all a matter of what makes you comfortable. You can't worry about what everyone else thinks its just none of their business

Last edited:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I would have punched my uncle in the face if he tried to cover my gun. I don't care if you're family or not, that's just not cool.

Maybe that's why you didn't have a party to go to.:dunno:

This "punch in the face" bull is about like hello any more, ever internet tuff guy is or is gonna "punch someone in the face". uh huh, tacticool too, werd dog, what ever.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Nope, wasn't at his house. It definitely caught me off guard when he said that since he's a deputy and all. I almost asked if he CC'd when on duty.
    Next time pull his sleeve over his watch and tell him it's not that kind of party:rolleyes: Good thing you didn't think of it as an attempt at a gun grab. When CCing nobody but me knows, I don't have to deal with the opinions, when I OC, I know to expect that; just something to be prepared for when you OC.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I hope to see you carry around Greenwood someday. I do every day :)

... AND I'VE YET TO SEE A SINGLE PERSON OC'ING, ANYWHERE, IN TWO YEARS.

People, come to Greenwood.

Top Bottom