Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Futurebutterbar will be back in a couple weeks. Stay tuned.....:xmad:

"Ban Ban Maxwell's Silver Hammer came down upon his heaaad!" :n00b:

Glad you had a 90% good experience with OC. I have found that being friendly--especially if someone shows facial reaction to your sidearm--goes a long way. They quickly find out that you are just another citizen. If someone says something... "Oh, that? Yeah, it's my buddy (the sidearm) that goes everywhere with me." then off to "How bout the weather?" (or something similar) and go on to something else.

I OC'd to Louisville & back and made many stops along the way and used the above mentioned phrase once. It completely diffused the situation.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Meds, eh? So if I said that OC'ers will be the first ones targeted in a robbery, you'd still be okay? :stickpoke:

:laugh: :cheers:

:D
    I would say: "Post proof or retract" :cool:

Exactly how many times have you gotten a refill while OCing? It would make me a tad bit nervous to refill your meds.

Uhm, you do realize the meds thing was a joke, yes? :D

Come to think of it though, I have picked up an Rx for my wife a couple times while OCing... :):

GeneralCarver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    OCing is a good little "courage" building exercise. You will eventually run across people which will make comments or be down right mean to you (99% of the time no one cares honestly). Those little encounters can shake you up more than you think sometimes. It is putting your beliefs and exercising your rights into action. Facing the hostility of fellow citizens who disrespect your decision to openly exercise your rights can be tougher than people think sometimes. Good job.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    OCing is a good little "courage" building exercise. You will eventually run across people which will make comments or be down right mean to you (99% of the time no one cares honestly). Those little encounters can shake you up more than you think sometimes. It is putting your beliefs and exercising your rights into action. Facing the hostility of fellow citizens who disrespect your decision to openly exercise your rights can be tougher than people think sometimes. Good job.

I suppose you might be right. But walking around in street clothes with an exposed handgun would make me feel like I was walking around with a open fly and my tally wacker hanging out for all to see. I just don't like to draw attention to myself. I also don't like to make people around me feel uncomfortable and or concerned, even if it is my right. While I respect the fact that Indiana law is silent on the issue and people OCing does not concern me one iota, the fact remains that it does bother or worry some people. :twocents:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I suppose you might be right. But walking around in street clothes with an exposed handgun would make me feel like I was walking around with a open fly and my tally wacker hanging out for all to see. I just don't like to draw attention to myself. I also don't like to make people around me feel uncomfortable and or concerned, even if it is my right. While I respect the fact that Indiana law is silent on the issue and people OCing does not concern me one iota, the fact remains that it does bother or worry some people. :twocents:

So you dont think OCers are "social retards" like your friends on Officer.com? :stickpoke:

:D

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Ha...no I don't think that at all. Some officers have pretty strong feeling against it. I do not personally know any that think like that though. I don't understand it but it (OC) doesn't bother me. I have been fortunate enough to have been able to attend some of the best firearms training in the world. I have yet to meet any proven trainer that advocates OC. But hey, that's ok. I would say it is better to OC that to not carry at all.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Ha...no I don't think that at all. Some officers have pretty strong feeling against it. I do not personally know any that think like that though. I don't understand it but it (OC) doesn't bother me. I have been fortunate enough to have been able to attend some of the best firearms training in the world. I have yet to meet any proven trainer that advocates OC. But hey, that's ok. I would say it is better to OC that to not carry at all.

I just saw it one of the poster's tag lines over there. :cool:

Not going to argue OC/CC, its been done to death, just good to know you dont think we that do on occasion, are social retards :D

Top Bottom