• ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    OC may put assassins at a distinct tactical disadvantage

...but for the rest of us, it's a sound and viable carry option. ;)

Not only sound and viable, but comfortable as well. As for the assassins, do they really open carry their ninja stars?

:Thumbsup: good job picking one(girlfriend) out that has situational awareness

That's what I thought too. I saw they lady, but ignored her and then my girlfriend said "did you see that lady following us?"

:facepalm:

You totally stole my line there. :rolleyes:

:laugh:

Quicker on the draw you must be.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    If OC was a tactical disadvantage, then why do Cops and Soldiers OC? :dunno:

</end threadjack>

To the OP..
    Keep up being a good Ambassador, and ignore the dissenters. You know what they say about opinions :D

FutureButterBar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Don't Worry About It
    If OC was a tactical disadvantage, then why do Cops and Soldiers OC? :dunno:

</end threadjack>

To the OP..
    Keep up being a good Ambassador, and ignore the dissenters. You know what they say about opinions :D

1) quote above, you are an idiot. do i really need to explain why?
    2) im not gonna make this an OC vs CC here
    3) now, i have been pulled over for OCing on a motorcycle in greenwood, how did you get to walk around with yours?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    3) now, i have been pulled over for OCing on a motorcycle in greenwood, how did you get to walk around with yours?

1) Probably. Proper form is to refute a point rather than just calling names.
    2) Make it somewhere else then, I'll meet you there. ;)
    3) We all "get" to do legal things simply because they aren't illegal.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Name calling isn't very nice, and not well-tolerated on INGO. :nono:

ATM and OC arguments go together like...well...ATM and bacon.

OP, glad it went well for you! It doesn't matter HOW you carry, as long as you do! I think I'm going to wait until I get a cool cowboy rig and six-shooter before I make the jump to OC. Man that would be boss. :chuck:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

How exactly did my post raise your ire and provoke you to name calling? I was responding to the others who HAD turned this into an OC/CC debate, I don't see anything in my post that would indicate that I was directing it at you..

I hope you feel better now that you got your anger off your chest..

FutureButterBar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Don't Worry About It
    just because ATM requested this

first of all there are different types of tactical. when i say tactical, i mean fighting wars and protecting countries. when you say tactical, you mean the shinny little flashlight at the end of your shotgun.
    now to prove you are stupid - look at THard's point, element of surprise is his basis for CC. you see me pull firearm, you see flash, you see Jesus. up to this point, no one knows a firearm is being carried until the firearm comes out. to everyone else, the CCer is just a normal civilian.
    on the opposite side are military and police (for this demo i will group them together, but let's not continue to do that too often). Before you notice a small firearm, what else do you notice? A uniform. That uniform tells me that the uniformed person is carrying a firearm based on their uniform. (or in the case of military, the long rifle strapped to their chest). but everyone knows based on that uniform, that the person is carrying a firearm.
    You are trying to connect these two together and it simply cannot be done. this isn't OC vs CC. this is CC vs uniformed.
    Is my basis for calling him stupid justified or do i owe him an apology, ATM?

FutureButterBar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Don't Worry About It

OP, glad it went well for you! It doesn't matter HOW you carry, as long as you do! I think I'm going to wait until I get a cool cowboy rig and six-shooter before I make the jump to OC. Man that would be boss. :chuck:
    really? i haven't seen as many people jump on one person to belittle and insult them since a group of girls in high school.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

That's for you to decide. I'm just trying to give you a polite heads-up that calling people "stupid" and "idiot" is going to draw the mods' attention and earn you a fancy little title under your name that says "Shooter." :twocents:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    just because ATM requested this

first of all there are different types of tactical. when i say tactical, i mean fighting wars and protecting countries. when you say tactical, you mean the shinny little flashlight at the end of your shotgun.
    now to prove you are stupid - look at THard's point, element of surprise is his basis for CC. you see me pull firearm, you see flash, you see Jesus. up to this point, no one knows a firearm is being carried until the firearm comes out. to everyone else, the CCer is just a normal civilian.
    on the opposite side are military and police (for this demo i will group them together, but let's not continue to do that too often). Before you notice a small firearm, what else do you notice? A uniform. That uniform tells me that the uniformed person is carrying a firearm based on their uniform. (or in the case of military, the long rifle strapped to their chest). but everyone knows based on that uniform, that the person is carrying a firearm.
    You are trying to connect these two together and it simply cannot be done. this isn't OC vs CC. this is CC vs uniformed.

If you have to call names while "debating" all it does is cheapen your position, and make it appear that you are deflecting from your lack of facts.

As someone who has their own share of Infractions from heated discussions, may I suggest you edit your posts before a Mod does it for you, and issues you your own Infraction?

Just a tip, take it as you will...

FutureButterBar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Don't Worry About It
    That's for you to decide. I'm just trying to give you a polite heads-up that calling people "stupid" and "idiot" is going to draw the mods' attention and earn you a fancy little title under your name that says "Shooter." :twocents:

eh.
    but back on subject, yes a six shooter in a cowboy rig would be boss. but something tells me that would be difficult to maneuver with.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

You had no basis for calling anyone stupid. You had basis only for rebuttal of his point.

I find it much more rewarding to make someone's point look stupid (and I'm not saying that you just did that) via debate or sarcasm than to leave it stand and just call them a dummy.

But that's just me. meh. :cool:

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The name calling has been handled. There will be no more or there will be banning.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

I'm with you on the cowboy rig! That WOULD be boss! But make mine a double gunfighter's rig.

:draw:

Top Bottom