• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    OC meet in Greenwood Park Mall? Haha, I keed. I've noticed a couple of people OCing in greenwood before.

I've said it before, I've OC'd Greenwood Park Mall for a couple years now, and only once an older mall "guard" asked me very politely to cover up. Otherwise, no one has cared :)

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    My cousin just got asked the other day to leave because he was OCing. I've said it before, when they ask me to leave they'll get a polite letter explaining why I wish to no longer patronize their establishment.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My cousin just got asked the other day to leave because he was OCing. I've said it before, when they ask me to leave they'll get a polite letter explaining why I wish to no longer patronize their establishment.

They're pretty "ban-happy", I've heard. They'll prohibit people from coming in for silly things. They've not gone that far... but I agree, I'll do the same if they ever tried that.

In the meantime, I'm breaking no laws by carrying into the Greenwood Mall. They have no signs, just personal "policies", which no customer signed up for. Until we have to have a membership to shop there, and they explicitly say "No guns" on that membership contract, I'll be carrying there no matter how much they dislike it :)

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I'm not a good "people person" amongst strangers and try to avoid drawing attention to myself. I like to get my business done and get out without people noticing, staring, following and confronting me while I'm shopping or doing business. ;)

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Are you trying to turn this into a CC vs OC thread? Because that's not what this is. It's my thread about my 95% positive experience OCing, when I usually CC.

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    Are you trying to turn this into a CC vs OC thread? Because that's not what this is. It's my thread about my 95% positive experience OCing, when I usually CC.

In the real world that is what is called trolling.....But on INGO you are the troll for having a different opinion!!

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    No, I'm not a LEO but I am a LE advocate and am trying to get in a police department.

Just about any agency that you apply to will read your post/post's here. Things like you just posted might be looked at as a person not using good judgement. Just something to think about.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Tactical advantage? I would say the tactical advantage comes from openly carrying due to a faster draw.

Carrying concealed isn't all it's cracked up to be, once you start fumbling through your shirt to try and draw while your body is jacked up on adrenaline, your hands are shaking, you've lost all your fine motor skills, you've got tunnel vision and some guy or three is charging at you. A shirt covering your pistol is just one more thing to slow you down.

That said, I CC most of the time anyway.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen

Not my intention at all. Sorry if I came across that way. I haven't been able to truly feel comfortable carrying either way so far. It's just that your 1st OC day seemed to draw a lot of attention which is probably what keeps me from doing it.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Not a problem, other than my uncle it didn't draw any attention other than one glance and a couple of joking comments. It doesn't bother me what people think of me. Whatever's comfortable is how I'm going to carry, which just happens to be OC.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Tactical advantage? I would say the tactical advantage comes from openly carrying due to a faster draw.

Carrying concealed isn't all it's cracked up to be, once you start fumbling through your shirt to try and draw while your body is jacked up on adrenaline, your hands are shaking, you've lost all your fine motor skills, you've got tunnel vision and some guy or three is charging at you. A shirt covering your pistol is just one more thing to slow you down.

That said, I CC most of the time anyway.

Training issue or rather lack of training issue. I would feel safe in saying that a person that finds themselves "fumbling through your shirt to try and draw" needs to be practicing a WHOLE lot more or getting some basic training on the carry of a handgun.

OC puts the person at a distinct tactical disadvantage. But carry how you wish just carry. Get the proper training and follow the laws.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Training issue or rather lack of training issue. I would feel safe in saying that a person that finds themselves "fumbling through your shirt to try and draw" needs to be practicing a WHOLE lot more or getting some basic training on the carry of a handgun.

OC puts the person at a distinct tactical disadvantage. But carry how you wish just carry. Get the proper training and follow the laws.

NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE, unless you're Jason Bourne (or apparently J706), with a concealed pistol you'll have at least one extra step in the draw. There's no amount of training in the world that can make drawing from concealment just as fast as drawing from an open holster, everything else being equal. Period. You talk about distinct tactical disadvantage like there's no such thing as a trade-off. There is most certainly a trade-off.

Speed of draw vs. sneakiness.

As far as fumbling through shirts to make a draw, we're not all the quickest, deadliest pistoleros in the world, you know, especially when we're being shot at and rounds are flying past our heads. I'm sure you're the epitome of cool when that happens.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    OC may put assassins at a distinct tactical disadvantage

...but for the rest of us, it's a sound and viable carry option. ;)

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I OC yesterday a Beech Grove Walmart. Pretty uneventful, I did make note that when we (my wife and I) got in line no one got in line behind us.. This wouldn't have gotten my attention except for the fact that the 2 lines next to us had 3 people deep. LOL

I always get a good chuckle when that happens to me too. Except since moving to the SW side of Indy, it happens a lot less frequently.

In the real world that is what is called trolling.....But on INGO you are the troll for having a different opinion!!

No, grasshopper, we've been over this before. One is a troll for being a dick in expressing his opinion. Respectful discussion of opposing opinions is never classified as trolling.

OC puts the person at a distinct tactical disadvantage.

How so?

NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE, unless you're Jason Bourne (or apparently J706), with a concealed pistol you'll have at least one extra step in the draw. There's no amount of training in the world that can make drawing from concealment just as fast as drawing from an open holster, everything else being equal. Period. You talk about distinct tactical disadvantage like there's no such thing as a trade-off. There is most certainly a trade-off.

Speed of draw vs. sneakiness.

As far as fumbling through shirts to make a draw, we're not all the quickest, deadliest pistoleros in the world, you know, especially when we're being shot at and rounds are flying past our heads. I'm sure you're the epitome of cool when that happens.

LMAO at the sarcasm.

Will have to rep for the rest of it after I spread it around some more.

Top Bottom