• ...and so much more!
  • g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    How do you know it is not chromosomal? Like I just said, tell their straight parents to stop raising LGBT kids and the problem will go away.

Look up other chromosomal defects. They affect physical and mental appearance greatly. So, no, a man that wants to be a woman is not a chromosomal defect. Perhaps there are different gene sequences being activated, or perhaps proteins are being coded differently, or activated differently in these individuals, or perhaps it is completely environmental, or perhaps a combination of environmental and genetic, or maybe they just aren't right in the head. But no, definitely not a chromosomal defect like Down's.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    What in interesting thread! Let's see...

1. At the level of the personal actions of another human being, how a person dresses or what strange notions he/she has about his/her gender are his/her business and do not affect me.

2. At the level of politics, when that person starts demanding special rights and extra legal privileges which are not available to me, or demands that I do things I would otherwise not do on account of a special law, or conversely refrain from doing what I otherwise would do, we have a problem.

3. When such a person engages in unacceptable activity which involves violating my personal space, there is a problem, and he/she is going to have a serious problem for having done so. Of course, a similar response would be in order for a drunken lout getting in my face in the absence of any sexual issues.

4. When such a person engages in unacceptable activity which may affect my nieces or nephews, it will not end well for the offending party.

The bottom line is that if someone is psychologically deficient to the point of denying objective reality, that is his/her/its problem SO LONG AS HE/SHE/IT KEEPS IT TO HIMSELF/HERSELF/ITSELF. In other words, if you meet this description, keep your hands to yourself, keep your legal manipulations to yourself, and keep your ideas about hijacking our children through public education to yourself.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    At 51, she ain't bad at all. I get the grief she gets over her politics and spouse, but she's ain't ugly.... unless one (which I think is mostly the case), assigns a more "traditional" vision of "beauty" upon her.

While I agree with you on many topics, this is not one of them. To quote world famous International Man of Mystery, Austin Powers, "Shes a man baby".

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I'd hate to see what you thought other first ladies looked like, if Michelle Obama is considered a Sasquatch.

There are many things to attack Mrs. Obama for policy wise...Her looks should not be one of them...

I think the reason you see a little vitriol on this Kut is due to the fact that the MSM keeps telling us how "beautiful she is, how classy she is, how great her arms are, how she is so cool and hip, how well she dresses," etc...etc...(I don't recall hearing any of that from the MSM for Laura Bush or Sara Palin, who are attractive as well in their own way.) I think of it as a form of rebellion against the obvious bias (Liberal Woman=Pretty and smart while Conservative Woman=Ugly and dumb mantra the MSM drums into us...Speaking of Drums I seem to recall the group "the Roots" on Jimmy Fallon playing "the Lyin' A$$ ***** is back" When Michelle Bachman came on the stage.) There is so much of that that I guess some folks decided to offer their own opinion as to how they see her (current FLOTUS) looks...I am not saying it's right.. I myself have made remarks about her looks and I know it was not right...It made me feel like I needed a shower and I have not done it in a while...I figured that made me as bad as the folks that trashed Palin and ignored Laura Bush totally so I stopped...

Just an opinion and trying to explain where that may come from...Not saying I am right....

[video=youtube;BqeVjopXLWI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqeVjopXLWI[/video]

IIRC David Letterman made a rape joke at the expense of one of Sarah Palin's daughter...In New York, and LA it's only okay to be misogynists to conservative woman...Liberal women????? Not so much....Remember when they went after Rush Limbaugh for calling Sandra Fluke a sl*&? It was all we heard for a week...Letterman can say Sarah Palin has a "slutty stewardess look" and it's funny and makes the top ten list on his show...No outcry from the MSM.....

Last edited:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I will admit that I don't know.

But I do know that I prefer clinical diagnoses and treatment plans (or not) be based on the best available knowledge we have about human behavior and its causes. There are people who are of the opinion that the desire to own firearms constitutes mental illness, but luckily that is nothing more than theiruneducated opinion worked backward from the desire to take guns out of the hands of individuals.

Except what do you do when "the experts" are either divided on the issue or are blatantly pandering to a particular demographic?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Wow... The Dog Days of Summer must be really kicking in as the temperatures rise and the humidity increases. People are getting short-tempered, quick to anger, eager to assault someone verbally or physically.

In a recent thread about Transgender folk, I thought I had seen lots of posts with sheer hatred and anger. But I was wrong. This thread, with 96 posts as I type this, far exceeds what I read earlier.

People, people, people! Please get it together!. The person all this anger and hatred being directed at is a Human Being, just like everyone here on INGO. The fact they live their life differently than you should not be an issue at all. If you look around at your fellow members of society you will see many differences in them.

Do you hate someone because they have a better job than you? Do you hate this person because they wear a suit to work and you wear jeans and a tee shirt? Do you hate someone because they drive a certain car and you drive something different.

The majority of INGO members have NO IDEA what a Transgender person go through in their lives. Transgender folk already know lots and lots of people don't like them for the way they live. They already know a friend, or the friend of a friend, that has been physically assaulted (Take IT in the an alley and give them a beating!). They have already read in the news of a Transgender person being killed because of the way they wanted to live their life.

"So if you see a crossdresser in public and that person has no interaction with you whatsoever are they still pushing their lifestyle on you?"

"Yes - I can still see them."

Way back in time, in my parent's generation, there were similar thoughts about Black people, or African-Americans to be politically correct. Lots of them were beaten, killed, hung from a tree. And here we are, 50 to 75 years later, wanting to do the same thing to people just because they LOOK different, or ACT different, or want to LIVE a different life.

All I can do is shake my head and wonder...

I do have a question to pose to the INGO membership in general. Okay, may be two questions.

1. What will you do when one of your children comes to you and says, "Dad. Mom. I am a Transgender person."

2. What will the INGO membership do when a Transgender person becomes a Forum Member?

Okay, I'm going to go eat supper now. If the Ban Hammer is gonna fall on my happy butt, I want to have a full stomach.

Have a great evening!

Redtbird

What is it with you folks who equate "distaste" with "hate?" Have you never read a dictionary or do you (generic "you" please) just refuse to allow people the liberty of correctly using the English language?

Grease

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    Dirty south
    Cruz playing victim? Not surprised.

Wow, sure sucks when a Conservative uses the very same tactics you liberals have been using all these years. Why is it ok for yall to be the perpetual victim yet no one else of a differing view can be victimized?

could it have something to do with an agenda?

or, or maybe it's that vaunted liberal "tolerance" we hear so much about?

i am sure Cruz had no idea who this two bit, no name dip**** actress was. I haven't seen her in anything even worth mentioning.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

Cruz debated the girl, politely made his points and attempted to refute hers, but when she continued to ignore what he was saying to repeat her talking points, he put an end to the discussion. He didn't seem to be "playing victim" nor was he nasty in his disagreement.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

How was he playing victim? I consider it a valid point that the left has a grossly inconsistent position regarding human rights, its notion that only preferred classes are entitled to such human rights, and don't even care about preferred classes being denied them so long as it is somewhere else.

Cruz was very nice. Extremely nice compared with what she would have faced from me.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Wow, sure sucks when a Conservative uses the very same tactics you liberals have been using all these years. Why is it ok for yall to be the perpetual victim yet no one else of a differing view can be victimized?

could it have something to do with an agenda?

or, or maybe it's that vaunted liberal "tolerance" we hear so much about?

i am sure Cruz had no idea who this two bit, no name dip**** actress was. I haven't seen her in anything even worth mentioning.

What? Cruz is taking a page out of the liberal handbook by saying his people are being persecuted.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    How was he playing victim? I consider it a valid point that the left has a grossly inconsistent position regarding human rights, its notion that only preferred classes are entitled to such human rights, and don't even care about preferred classes being denied them so long as it is somewhere else.

Cruz was very nice. Extremely nice compared with what she would have faced from me.

By saying Christians are being persecuted for their beliefs. But they really aren't. I don't see any armed forces going into their churches, their television broadcasts, any of their means to spread the message. I don't see any police arresting them for their beliefs. I don't see any government censorship. Great majority of lawmakers are Christian, so much so Christians are over represented. In hindsight they get more protections from the government, so they are technically a special class. So Cruz, naturally, learned a lot from the liberals. Playing victim, crying wolf, asking for big-government to step in to protect something that has the most protection out of any group of citizens already.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom