• churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    How do LGBT people affect you?

Following the logic most here are using it is straight parents raising LGBT children. Tell the straight people to stop raising them that way.

Actually the spouse and I are spending our 34th anniversary with 3 couple that are openly gay. We have known and enjoyed these folks company for many years. Been on vacations with them, broke bread in all of our homes with them. No issues what so ever.

I do not want to disagree with your opinions or beliefs as we all have them. You just seem a bit tight on your side of the porch on this one. No offense intended. Is there something more to this...??? Fair question considering.

No dog piles.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    My wife is convince that the first "cross-dresser" to work in the White House is "Mike" Obama.

True.

michaelobama_zps26bd6e8b.jpg

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

Following the logic most here are using it is straight parents raising LGBT children. Tell the straight people to stop raising them that way.

I view your question as the wrong one. You ask it in the present tense to justify future action. I can and have been in the company of LGBT individuals. If its live and let live, then I have no problem. But it's not about gay neighbors inviting me over for dinner or me returning the favor. It's about the pursuit of hate speech, of lawsuits that jeopardize people's livelihoods. It's about classifying non acceptance as antagonism. When that starts to happen, then it affects me. It doesn't affect me now anymore than Iran having the bomb or China having a market collapse. The potential is there though.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I view your question as the wrong one. You ask it in the present tense to justify future action. I can and have been in the company of LGBT individuals. If its live and let live, then I have no problem. But it's not about gay neighbors inviting me over for dinner or me returning the favor. It's about the pursuit of hate speech, of lawsuits that jeopardize people's livelihoods. It's about classifying non acceptance as antagonism. When that starts to happen, then it affects me. It doesn't affect me now anymore than Iran having the bomb or China having a market collapse. The potential is there though.
    I thought Cruz did a good job addressing this question here:

Ted Cruz Gets in TENSE Confrontation With Actress Ellen Page Over LGBT Issues

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Speaking for the "L" portion of the acronym.... they don't make enough "movies." At least the hot ones.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think she probably is that word that describes a woman who rides a broom, that starts with a "B." So if we're saying personality is what makes her ugly, then fine.... tho none of us really know her, except for the image she is portrayed.
    And the words she's recorded using on camera.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Is your belief that people are delusional limited to those who claim they actually are the gender their chromosomes do not align with, or do you also believe people who dress and act in opposition to it are delusional as well?

If you say "I'm a guy who likes to dress like a woman" then no, you aren't delusional. You're no different than a guy who really digs feet or wants to see midgets rolling around in elbow macaroni. Odd fetish by traditional measures, but in touch with reality.

If you say "I was born a man, but I'm actually a woman" then yes, you are delusional. You're no different than someone who thinks they are obese when the observable facts state they are too thin to be healthy, etc.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Actually the spouse and I are spending our 34th anniversary with 3 couple that are openly gay. We have known and enjoyed these folks company for many years. Been on vacations with them, broke bread in all of our homes with them. No issues what so ever.

I do not want to disagree with your opinions or beliefs as we all have them. You just seem a bit tight on your side of the porch on this one. No offense intended. Is there something more to this...??? Fair question considering.

No dog piles.

Nothing more to it really. I'm just baffled at how some people act as if the world is coming to an end every time there is some LGBT thing going on. My life doesn't change at all because of the LGBT people. The sun still rises, water is still wet, work still wants me to show up, etc.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010

Fair enough. Personally I think the stink about the entire subject only exists to further divide the people of the US. With everyone pointing their fingers at everyone else, blaming this person or group for this problem or another, it's distracting everyone from what they should be paying attention to: The government.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    At 51, she ain't bad at all. I get the grief she gets over her politics and spouse, but she's ain't ugly.... unless one (which I think is mostly the case), assigns a more "traditional" vision of "beauty" upon her.

Yep, she's one handsome man. :thumbsup:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Fair enough. Personally I think the stink about the entire subject only exists to further divide the people of the US. With everyone pointing their fingers at everyone else, blaming this person or group for this problem or another, it's distracting everyone from what they should be paying attention to: The government.

Winner

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom