• Status
    Not open for further replies.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I just don't understand why some people are in such need of attention to open carry. Why draw un-needed attention to yourself by anyone?

:ugh::xmad: if you think its about attention then theres no hope convincing you otherwise. theres no hope for you. maybe its because whatever country your from people did carry around guns to look cool.

MAYBE 1% of gun owners who OC do it because they think they look cool.

probly the same percentage of police officer who only put on the uniform and wear a gun because they think it makes them a man.

When I OC or CC its serious business my friend. theres no trying to look or act cool about it. 90% of the time I dont get ANY extra attention. thats pretty good. for all the people who think OC makes you a target to criminals, how many of you drive a luxury car, or have big rims on your vehicle, or carry a roll of cash to buy a gallon of milk, or wear a rollex? I can GUARENTEE you that those things WILL make you a target, but yet im sure some of these same people are the ones busting my balls for OC (ironic). Id love for someone to prove how OC makes me a target. seriously. im not ever against changing my mind if someone can show me facts and proof on an issue.
    I OC and CC, and Im happy to have anyone do the same (both or one or the other). because atleast they are a gun owner and carrier and excercise the rights that people died to give us. dont bust my chops and I wont bust yours.

carrying a gun is not about looking cool to me. I already know im cool, i wear boxers :laugh:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    But your reasons are not those that protect and serve anyone else. Why make others uneasy by carrying in public like that? They only serve your own purposes and do no good for anyone.

I think we all can agree we enjoy our guns. But we also have to understand that others will not share the same love for them as we do. We can't do things that blatantly make them uncomfortable. When we do, it only makes our hobby appear to be dangerous to the public. Do you see my point?

I see your point. It's the same garbage the Brady Bunch spouts. The same crap that we are somehow supposed to be ashamed of our rights. The same trash that almost completely cost us our right to bear arms, despite what the Constitution clearly states. It's taken decades to reclaim some of our rights from anti-gunners, and gun owning Fudds that side with them. There is NO difference between blatant anti-gunners and their hatred of free citizens, and gun owners like Nancy Pelosi and you that spout their line. You may love guns, but you appear to be frightened and ashamed of gun owners.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip
    Does it make you feel cool to wear it openly and display it? Do you really think it is a deterrent?

There are documented cases where it has proven a deterrent. That's factual information, though, and anti-gunners like to appeal to emotion, and ignore facts.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    You are talking apples and oranges. That statement does not even coincide with the conversation.

My aircraft isn't going to scare them if they are not getting on it.

Not true. There are many people scared to death when they see an airliner fly low overhead, keenly aware of the mass murder that can be committed with the planes. Anyone remember the panic when Air Force One made a few low passes over NYC?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I see your point. It's the same garbage the Brady Bunch spouts. The same crap that we are somehow supposed to be ashamed of our rights. The same trash that almost completely cost us our right to bear arms, despite what the Constitution clearly states. It's taken decades to reclaim some of our rights from anti-gunners, and gun owning Fudds that side with them. There is NO difference between blatant anti-gunners and their hatred of free citizens, and gun owners like Nancy Pelosi and you that spout their line. You may love guns, but you appear to be frightened and ashamed of gun owners.
    There are documented cases where it has proven a deterrent. That's factual information, though, and anti-gunners like to appeal to emotion, and ignore facts.
    Not true. There are many people scared to death when they see an airliner fly low overhead, keenly aware of the mass murder that can be committed with the planes. Anyone remember the panic when Air Force One made a few low passes over NYC?

HEAR, HEAR!!!! :yesway: :patriot: your on a roll.

BEWARE OF FALSE PATRIOTS!!!!! Thats what comes to mind when I read Pilots post!

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I just don't understand why some people are in such need of attention to open carry. Why draw un-needed attention to yourself by anyone?

I don't care if they draw attention or why they want to.

I'm irritated by hypocrits who pretend that's not what they want to do and those who then cry about it when they do. Soon as they provoke a little dust up they are here with their "my rights.... I'm so violated... some one ask me..." Pretty soon comes the how "I'm representing for all gun owners, look at me I sacrificed so much to educate the people who are not near as smart as I am".

More often than not they get tossed out by a bottom rung employee still in high school or give up their weapon, get searched, tossed out and then crow about how they'll be back when ever they want to and "concealed means concealed". They've accomplished NOTHING useful.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

And even MORE indisputable proof that my fears are completely justified.

I want all air traffic stopped. I should not have to look at another openly
    flown aircraft again as long as I live.
    OK maybe military jets because they are with the government and we can trust them completely.
    NO MORE civilian aircraft of any type.
    Civilians cannot be trusted with that kind of power and fear generating potential.
    If they continue to fly in the skies over my house they should expect to be hassled. :twocents:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009

OK maybe military jets because they are with the government and we can trust them completely.
    Civilians cannot be trusted with that kind of power and fear generating potential.
    If they continue to fly in the skies over my house they should expect to be hassled. :twocents:

Military aircraft are ok since I don't see them:D

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

You need the special glasses....... alex jones sells them on his website. :twocents:

redcyan.jpg

:):

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I'm one of the guys who really just doesn't want to be bothered when I OC. I don't want to have to explain to people that it's legal and that regular citizens can carry guns, people other than criminals carry guns, blah, blah, blah.

It's just hot out and I wanted to carry my Judge today. That's my reason for OCing when I do. I understand the political part. I understand the "get their attention and teach them that it's legal" part. I'm just not up for it yet. I have little patience for strangers trying to tell me "You can't do that! That's illegal. Are you a cop?!" It isn't my job to explain things to morons, but I am thankful for the people who do take the time to explain to these people that it's legal. Maybe they will enlighten the sheep and they'll leave me alone, which is all I want.

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    Uncle Mike, how is it that thousands of people know you- let alone know you CC?

Page 7 post for those that would like to review.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I understand that, but there are other ways to exercise civil rights that doing something that DOES make the average citizen uneasy.

Perhaps people should be uneasy when they see free men demonstrating their rights?

rosa1.gif

You cant be selfish and only think of yourself, there are others who may feel fear when they see a weapon in public.

Fine, let them fear. They need to be educated.

In the American South there were many people who felt fear when they saw African-Americans in public. And those uppity Blacks thought only of themselves and did outrageous things like sit at lunch counters, march across bridges, sit in the front of buses and, above all, vote.

I understand that some may be fearful. Let them shake. Let them quiver in fear. Let them shake and then come to understand that a man with a gun is merely exercising a civil right. We shall overcome.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina

But, but, what about this!?!? F-18 Crashes Into San Diego Homes, Killing 3 on Ground - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

:laugh:

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Uncle Mike, how is it that thousands of people know you- let alone know you CC?

Page 7 post for those that would like to review.
    Twenty three years as a LEO in my city.
    I'M FROM HERE!!!
    MY FAMILY IS FROM HERE!!!!
    THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE KNOW ME ON SIGHT!!!!
    I'VE HELPED THEM, ARRESTED THEM, WORKED THEIR TRAFFIC ACCIDENTS, SETTLED THEIR DOMESTIC DISPUTES, BROKE UP THEIR BAR FIGHTS, DIRECTED TRAFFIC, HAD MY UGLY MUG IN THE NEWSPAPER FOR GOOD DEEDS, SPOKE AT THE ROTARY CLUB, WAS A GUEST SPEAKER AT THE HIGH SCHOOL.
    I could go on but there isn't enough time to list EVERYTHING that put me in the Publics eye.
    I hope that this satisfies your curiosity.
    Sorry for yelling but if you'd taken the time to read some of my previous posts you would not have needed to ask that dumb question.
    Mike

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    But your reasons are not those that protect and serve anyone else. Why make others uneasy by carrying in public like that? They only serve your own purposes and do no good for anyone.

I think we all can agree we enjoy our guns. But we also have to understand that others will not share the same love for them as we do. We can't do things that blatantly make them uncomfortable. When we do, it only makes our hobby appear to be dangerous to the public. Do you see my point?

Sorry, I DON'T see your point. It's more than just a "hobby" to me.

"We can't do things to blatantly make them uncomfortable."

Here are some other HYPOTHETICAL (not saying I agree or disagree) situations that might make someone "uncomfortable...

...when I saw two men kissing in the Kroger parking lot...

...an Interracial couple holding hands....

...a guy wearing a turban...

...a family praying before a meal in a restaurant...

...some guy wearing a PURDUE sweatshirt...

ALL of these are bound to offend someone. So, to answer your question of whether or not I see your point...MY ANSWER is "I could care less".

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    carrying a gun is not about looking cool to me. I already know im cool, i wear boxers :laugh:

Joe Boxers? Those are the coolest. :yesway:

I have been thinking about bedazzling my Serpa holster to try and help draw some more attention to it. Plus it will make me look super cool. Does anyone have one I can borrow?

I thought about putting up a WTB ad for one, but I thought I would throw this out there for a feeler first.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom