• Status
    Not open for further replies.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    I just don't understand why some people are in such need of attention to open carry. Why draw un-needed attention to yourself by anyone?

OK, well next time the police want to search your house "just because" well go ahead and let them, I mean come on, no need to draw un-needed attention to yourself by denying law enforcement unfettered access to your home.

INGunGuy

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Holy cow! Just today when I took my kid to the doctor, right in the waiting room walks in a guy and his daughter. AND HE WAS OPENLY CARRYING A GUN!! OH MY!!

Immediately my butt hole puckered. While cowering in fear I hurried and called 911.

Just who does he think he is? He was not in any kind of uniform. An everyday citizen carrying a gun? How dare he put everyone's life in danger like that. I'm lucky to be alive. WE NEED TO PASS SOME LAW.

I was very uncomfortable after I wet my pants.

Actually, I just smiled and nodded to him and he nodded back. Potential tragedy averted....

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    Thank you for the answer Mike.

I'll try not to be so dumb with my next one.

What motivated you take this thread in the direction you did? It started out as a +1 to law enforcement.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Thank you for the answer Mike.

I'll try not to be so dumb with my next one.

What motivated you take this thread in the direction you did? It started out as a +1 to law enforcement.
    OK
    I shouldn't have called you dumb.
    I apologize!
    My initial post was an attempt, albeit one sided, to explain why some LEO's react to OC in a negative manner.
    Subsequently my post was, reworded, edited, opinionized, and purported to be anti OC.
    Which it is not!!
    I'm proud of my chosen career and will do battle with anyone who generalizes that "Cops are bad/evil."
    During my career I knew hundreds of LEO's and only knew one, or two, who were unfit to wear the uniform.
    I was not one of them!!!!
    Mike

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    My initial post was an attempt, albeit one sided, to explain why some LEO's react to OC in a negative manner.

There was a bit more to it than that.

I'm proud of my chosen career and will do battle with anyone who generalizes that "Cops are bad/evil."

Well, I'm proud of my chosen method of carry and will do battle with anyone who generalizes that OC isn't reasonable.

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Then he went home and told his wife about the guy at the doctor's office making passes at him. :):

Sorry but,
    picture.php

I did find his Sig very attractive though...

JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Then he went home and told his wife about the guy at the doctor's office making passes at him. :):

Which led to an argument; she has been suspecting he may not be faithful lately anyway, but with a guy? He furiously denied it to her (although part of him WAS curious) and terrible things were said. At one point tensions got so high he drew his gun and shot her dead.

Open Carry is NEVER a good idea

JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010

Uh, yaahh...

actually I really dont care, but you didnt pick up on the sarcasm

when I think about it though, carrying a gun in the open for everyone to see, when your not an official, or wearing some kind of uniform...well, its kind of stupid looking. Why do you want everyone to see you carrying a gun tough guy? (small penis)

Its just going to make everyone uncomfortable, you are just letting it out there that your penis is small.

Sorry, I really dont care that much, I just keep seeing these threads

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Uh, yaahh...

actually I really dont care, but you didnt pick up on the sarcasm

when I think about it though, carrying a gun in the open for everyone to see, when your not an official, or wearing some kind of uniform...well, its kind of stupid looking. Why do you want everyone to see you carrying a gun tough guy? (small penis)

Its just going to make everyone uncomfortable, you are just letting it out there that your penis is small.

Sorry, I really dont care that much, I just keep seeing these threads
    I don't OC and it doesn't bother me a bit to see people doing so. Don't see why you feel the need to be so insulting about, either. If you feel intimidated then remove yourself from the area when someone OC's. It's obvious that you DO care or you wouldn't have expressed yourself the way you did. Bet there's blowback from that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom