• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    So I ask again, how is this little literary gem any different than you liking Betty Crocker on FB? Since it's all being cataloged for your future demise, why not get some free coupons out of it?

So did Pol Pot:rolleyes:

Huh.... he's ignored your question twice now. I wonder why that is?:laugh:

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I have a Facebutt page and have visited it about 4 times. Quite possibly a more worthless waste of time than the cop bashing threads around here.:dunno:

Apparently there are a billion people in this world who need a real life.:rolleyes:

For me Facebook is a godsend. When my son was in Asscrackistan ( and he's going back again in a few weeks) I used FB to talk to him. When I see that he has posted to me or anyone else, I know he is still alive and well.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    For me Facebook is a godsend. When my son was in Asscrackistan ( and he's going back again in a few weeks) I used FB to talk to him. When I see that he has posted to me or anyone else, I know he is still alive and well.

You're just making excuses because you're just a stupid sheeple..... <-- that should be in purple by my computer ran out.

Still waiting on an answer to the question.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Not you... ThrottleJockey. He's ranted and raved for a few pages about how he won't use the evil FB because the gov't watches everything online etc etc etc and all the sheeple make excuses for using it etc etc etc..... He was asked how FB was any different htan him ranting here and he has yet to answer that.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    You're just making excuses because you're just a stupid sheeple..... <-- that should be in purple by my computer ran out.

Still waiting on an answer to the question.
    Reading is your friend. I'll re-hash it for you though. I don't receive marketing BS from posting here, this site isn't linked to cameras at retail outlets, the ability to remain SOMEWHAT anonymous here is greater, My phone isn't linked to INGO via a required app, this site isn't anti gun anti freedom anti liberty, this site isn't linked directly to a political parties headquarters.......aside from that, no it's not different. The data from this site is still collected and STORED. STORED being the operative word here, the social networking sites UTILIZE the data they collect from you and I for financial gain whilst you and I receive nothing for it other than the ability to do what we can already do via thousands of other methods WITHOUT the marketing of our personal information. The day I find out fenway is selling my personal info is the day I quit posting here. Oh yeah, people on here aren't posting photos with me in them and tagging my name to them either.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    My phone's not linked to facebook, I don't get marketing anything from FB, and there is no anonimity online. So.... I guess I don't understand your seething hatred for anyone that uses FB for their own personal gain.

Like you've ignored before, FB is what YOU make it to be. Don't want the marketing crap? Don't sign up for it. Don't want everyone to know where you are? Don't log in everywhere. Don't like the FB app on your phone? delete it. Don't talk down to those of us smart enough to use it in a manner that suits our needs.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Not you... ThrottleJockey. He's ranted and raved for a few pages about how he won't use the evil FB because the gov't watches everything online etc etc etc and all the sheeple make excuses for using it etc etc etc..... He was asked how FB was any different htan him ranting here and he has yet to answer that.
    It isn't even about the Gov. watching, it is about privacy. I also never said that I wouldn't or don't use FB, you're making things up now. Now, why don't you answer my questions. Primarily, how is facebook allowing you to do anything you couldn't already do long before facebook? What benefit do you receive from making your data completely public as opposed to the other methods of communicating over large distances? In what way is the government storing your data for future use similar to facebook selling it for use NOW? Bear in mind there are channels that must be gone through to get the gov. stored data and even a court of law must follow them while your FB data is shared openly with everyone in the world regardless of their intent.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008

OK..I had a wtf moment with that one. I am not a sheep and I don't give excuses, FB , for me, is very useful.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    FB allows us to chat in live form with friends that are clear across the country. FB allows us to share photos and events with multiple friends/family at once. It's not all public all the time. It's as public as you want it to be. Just because you don't know how to operate it doesn't make everyone that does an idiot/sheep/moron/whatever your word of the day is.

Again, not all of us has our family and friends close by all the time.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    OK..I had a wtf moment with that one. I am not a sheep and I don't give excuses, FB , for me, is very useful.

as it is for us. When you have family spread out over 2000 miles, friends in 5 different states etc... it's hard to keep up with everyone all the time. Hell, we'd spend all day just writing emails to everyone without it, or handwriting letters, or hours on long distance phone calls.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    My phone's not linked to facebook, I don't get marketing anything from FB, and there is no anonimity online. So.... I guess I don't understand your seething hatred for anyone that uses FB for their own personal gain.

Like you've ignored before, FB is what YOU make it to be. Don't want the marketing crap? Don't sign up for it. Don't want everyone to know where you are? Don't log in everywhere. Don't like the FB app on your phone? delete it. Don't talk down to those of us smart enough to use it in a manner that suits our needs.
    Umm you don't get personal specific marketing directed to you based upon things you post on FB? BULLSHYT. Have you looked at the daily changes to the FB page? Are you aware of the algorithms they use to track your posts and advertise crap to you on your own page? Those ads aren't random my friend, they are specific to posts that you make. When FB posts in my news feed that I "like" target stores and it goes out in the news feed of everyone on my contact list, not only is that fraudulent but I see it as slanderous due to the fact that I HATE target stores and just about everything about them and I have never clicked on any link even remotely associated with them. When the ads come into my news feed telling me about the new samsung phone and all of my friends that "like" it, that is also fraudulent and presumtive marketing directed toward me based on the fact that the phone I currently use happens to be a samsung. Which BTW I never told them.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    umm.... no. I have not gotten ads in my news feed. I have not been shown to "like" anything that I haven't cliked the "like" button on. I think someone is pulling your leg here.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    FB allows us to chat in live form with friends that are clear across the country. FB allows us to share photos and events with multiple friends/family at once. It's not all public all the time. It's as public as you want it to be. Just because you don't know how to operate it doesn't make everyone that does an idiot/sheep/moron/whatever your word of the day is.

Again, not all of us has our family and friends close by all the time.
    Again, there are other methods that have been around as long as the internet has that allow you to do all of these things in real time without monetizing it. Additionally, yes it IS all public all the time, don't you keep up with the world around you? They even have press releases announcing these changes. Seriously, read the terms of use agreement, print it out, then return 5 days later and read it again and print this new version out, then repeat the process. I know..it takes to much time to inform yourself of what you are agreeing to....THEY ARE COUNTING ON THAT, that's why it is umphteen pages long.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    umm.... no. I have not gotten ads in my news feed. I have not been shown to "like" anything that I haven't cliked the "like" button on. I think someone is pulling your leg here.
    Look more closely and pay attention. There are advertisements all over every FB page you open. Those ads are specific to YOU and the things YOU post. FB receives money for each and every one of them and the amount is specific to the quality and quantity of the data mined from you. Seriously, do you really think FB exists for the benefit of mankind? Or is it a BUSINESS with a goal of making billions of dollars a year off of your info that you willing GIVE to them. They took already existing tech and found a way to monetize it for personal gain, no problem with that, the problem is with those that don't even know they are participating.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    so what? Is it costine me? No. Do I have anything on FB that isn't public knowledge/record? Nope.

so what's the problem? It's a useful TOOL for a lot of us to keep in contact with family/friends around the world. If you'd read what I already said, with the amount of friends/family around the country/world we would not have time to do anything but try to keep up with them. When you want to keep a strong relationship with your family that is thousands of miles apart, this is a very useful tool. It costs me nothing, it offers lots of services and it's good to go.

Why do insist on trampling on my rights to use it without being insulted?

Like I've said 15 bajillion times in here, FB is what YOU make it to be. For US it is a useful tool. Apparently it's the devil to you. Good for you, now let the rest of us enjoy the tool we are using to keep up with our family and friends. I'm sorry that you do not want to keep up with your family, that is an issue that YOU need to work out. WE do not.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Look more closely and pay attention. There are advertisements all over every FB page you open. Those ads are specific to YOU and the things YOU post. FB receives money for each and every one of them and the amount is specific to the quality and quantity of the data mined from you. Seriously, do you really think FB exists for the benefit of mankind? Or is it a BUSINESS with a goal of making billions of dollars a year off of your info that you willing GIVE to them. They took already existing tech and found a way to monetize it for personal gain, no problem with that, the problem is with those that don't even know they are participating.

So what? They market to the people using it. Does it cost me anything? No. Does it infringe on my ability to track my nephew who I've only gotten to see twice since he was born because they live in New Jersey? Nope. Does it keep me from chatting with a high school friend that moved to California? Nope.

Why do you INSIST on trying to ruin a useful tool for others?

Top Bottom