• ...and so much more!
  • edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have no problem with political postings on FB as long as they're ones that state a point that can be debated.

I LOVE jumping into them and having a debate.

The ones I DON'T like are the pointless ones like...

Obama sucks!

Romney sucks!

That make NO point except to insult one side or the other.

I'll ADD that as far as the people on MY Friends list go, the ones that are left wingers USUALLY just post "insult" posts that make NO POINT.

The ones on the right tend to post tings that can be debated with very few insult posts.

I take this to mean that the Obama supporters on MY friends list have no intellectual ammo, and do what left wingers do best when this happens...
    Resort to insults.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    None for me, thanks!

Facebook is the bane of mankind. I think it says so in The Bible except in future tense. "And lo unto them would Facebook cometh and it would be the bane of mankind." OTOH, authors of The Bible were not aware that the INGO political section would ever exist. It's not their fault.

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    I have a Facebutt page and have visited it about 4 times. Quite possibly a more worthless waste of time than the cop bashing threads around here.:dunno:

Apparently there are a billion people in this world who need a real life.:rolleyes:

I don't have a Facebook page, but my wife does. She has friends and family all over the country and overseas. Facebook is nice for her to keep in touch with them, chat and share pictures and videos.

I can see how someone with no friends or relatives outside of their trailer park could think that someone with a Facebook page needs to get a real life, though.

:):

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I don't have a Facebook page, but my wife does. She has friends and family all over the country and overseas. Facebook is nice for her to keep in touch with them, chat and share pictures and videos.

I can see how someone with no friends or relatives outside of their trailer park could think that someone with a Facebook page needs to get a real life, though.

Ummm, email isn't broken is it?:dunno: My wife is on FB every minute of the day that I'm not on INGO and even when I am, she's there on her phone...Nothing good comes from FB. Trust me, and don't ever look at her messages unless you're really sure want to know.

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    Ummm, email isn't broken is it?:dunno: My wife is on FB every minute of the day that I'm not on INGO and even when I am, she's there on her phone...Nothing good comes from FB. Trust me, and don't ever look at her messages unless you're really sure want to know.

Sorry to hear about your wife's obsessive compulsive disorder. My wife shares her messages with me all the time, she just has family and a few friends on her list, and everything is set to private. We've been married over 24 years, so I'm not particularly worried about whatever inadequacies you may be projecting. :dunno:

Some people say that nothing good comes from the possession of arms, but I'm kinda one of those guys who thinks that people are responsible for their own actions. Guns don't kill people, although they make it easier to kill people, and Facebook doesn't cause marital strife, although it can facilitate nonsense. In either case, it takes the action of the person to cause the harm.

If she finds Facebook more interesting than you all hours of the day, maybe you need to seek marriage counseling instead of agreeing with posters on the internet that think people who use and enjoy Facebook responsibly need to "get a life." :rolleyes:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Sorry to hear about your wife's obsessive compulsive disorder. My wife shares her messages with me all the time, she just has family and a few friends on her list, and everything is set to private. We've been married over 24 years, so I'm not particularly worried about whatever inadequacies you may be projecting. :dunno:

Some people say that nothing good comes from the possession of arms, but I'm kinda one of those guys who thinks that people are responsible for their own actions. Guns don't kill people, although they make it easier to kill people, and Facebook doesn't cause marital strife, although it can facilitate nonsense. In either case, it takes the action of the person to cause the harm.

If she finds Facebook more interesting than you all hours of the day, maybe you need to seek marriage counseling instead of agreeing with posters on the internet that think people who use and enjoy Facebook responsibly need to "get a life." :rolleyes:
    Do I sense that you got suckered into buying their IPO? The way they've chosen to monetize the offering is really crappy, fraudulent and borderline slanderous. Their days are numbered.....

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I have a Facebutt page and have visited it about 4 times. Quite possibly a more worthless waste of time than the cop bashing threads around here.:dunno:

Apparently there are a billion people in this world who need a real life.:rolleyes:

Coming from someone with almost 2000 posts on a social website. Pot meet kettle.

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    Don't feel bad. my wife and my sister have blocked and removed each other numerous times. I've also removed and blocked my sister a few times too!

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    Do I sense that you got suckered into buying their IPO? The way they've chosen to monetize the offering is really crappy, fraudulent and borderline slanderous. Their days are numbered.....

Uh...no. My wife likes using Facebook to keep in touch with family overseas, and you translate that into me having stock in the website???

Wow. No wonder your wife ignores you all day. I'm gonna send her a friend request.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Uh...no. My wife likes using Facebook to keep in touch with family overseas, and you translate that into me having stock in the website???

Wow. No wonder your wife ignores you all day. I'm gonna send her a friend request.

If all you're here for is to pick fights, move along son. You haven't been here long enough to get it yet so I'll go easy (for now). Insults are not tolerated on INGO neither are personal attacks. You can play that bullshyt on facebook all you want, but we're adults when we come to INGO so put on your big boy pants when you come here. Additionally, reading comprehension is your friend. You can use any excuse you want to make yourself feel good about using FB, but it isn't going to fly. FB is NOT the only way to keep in touch with people overseas and if the MRS. has you convinced it is...well, maybe you SHOULD read her messages. Email has been around since like the '80s. I'm going to take o shot in the dark here, but I suspect you have control issues? We deal with your type here all the time.

Last edited:

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I moved away from home to go to college, the college I went to spreads their graduates all over the country. FB is nice just to keep tabs and occasionally have a conversation with a group of them. It's like a constant Christmas card and I like it. Plus some of this political BS gets to be pretty funny, Romney and the Zombie Apocalypse was hilarious and I saw that first on FB

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

We have a shared FB page. Nothing happens that either of us don't know about. Sounds like you have some serious issues with your marriage and should attack that problem before attacking something you don't understand.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    If all you're here for is to pick fights, move along son. Insults are not tolerated on INGO neither are personal attacks. You can play that bullshyt on facebook all you want, but we're adults when we come to INGO so put on your big boy pants when you come here.

The same could be said of your post. Projection is right. Just because it's a source of trouble/irritation in your household doesn't mean that every body else who uses it uses as irresponsibly.

I've said it before I'll say it again: it's a freakin' tool. It can be misused and abused just like any other tool.

Here are 3 of the reasons I have a non-personal FB account:
    1. RSS-style newsfeed
    2. Following certain organizations on FB eliminates the need to clutter my email inbox with their newsletters, updates, and any other means of communication
    3. Freebies, a few of the FB pages associated with some of my interests offer freebies on occasion, but only to those who have "liked" the FB page.

I spend far less time on FB than I do on INGO. Should INGO be considered a bane of humanity from which nothing good can come?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

If all you're here for is to pick fights, move along son. You haven't been here long enough to get it yet so I'll go easy (for now). Insults are not tolerated on INGO neither are personal attacks. You can play that bullshyt on facebook all you want, but we're adults when we come to INGO so put on your big boy pants when you come here. Additionally, reading comprehension is your friend. You can use any excuse you want to make yourself feel good about using FB, but it isn't going to fly. FB is NOT the only way to keep in touch with people overseas and if the MRS. has you convinced it is...well, maybe you SHOULD read her messages. Email has been around since like the '80s. I'm going to take o shot in the dark here, but I suspect you have control issues? We deal with your type here all the time.

As entertaining as I think this little exchange could get, take a deep breath and think before you type. Dragging women and children into a real fake internet fight ain't cool:rolleyes:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I unfriended my son a few months ago. He is an evangelizing atheist and green party supporter... Obviously he wasn't beaten nearly enough as a child.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    We have a shared FB page. Nothing happens that either of us don't know about. Sounds like you have some serious issues with your marriage and should attack that problem before attacking something you don't understand.
    WOW, no problems. We spend our time on INGO and FB like you spend your time in front of the TV or whatever it is you do. I think you're reading the way a woman does, between the lines. Trust me, there is nothing there but a line. I fully understand the implications of a life on FB and they aren't positive. Perhaps you should do a bit more research about FB and what it does/how it works before you claim to have such a thorough understanding of it. It isn't just a way of communicating. It is a way of MONITORING the users every move, the more you use it, the more the ENTIRE WORLD knows about you. Now they are even advertising to your friends that you "like" things and pages that you have never even viewed. My wife has never even been to a "Target" page or website, we both absolutely despise the company and its practices, yet FB keeps posting to people on our friends list that we "like" Target....Just one of many examples of the new, unethical practices they use. Another time last spring when a friend and myself were discussing a shooting trip we were going to take, tannerite, and the fact that we have body armor. We also discussed going to the Slippery Noodle the evening before. This was all done via PM, not on the open site, and the following morning before we were to meet, I was visited at my home by they ISP asking all sorts of silly questions. Yet another time, a pair of "gentlemen" visited my home shortly after posting a picture of some new toys, THIS time they were casing our home for a future burglary. There is NO privacy on FB, presumed or otherwise.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Wow. Go back to your tinfoil hat. FB is what you make it and it is what you use it for. Maybe YOU need to step back and realize what is actually happening when your wife is on it.

You want to play the innocent card here, but you're the one attacking anyone and everyone who uses facebook. Time to chill out and move along. You don't like FB, great. Don't use it. We have family and friends spread across the country so we do. Just this morning we learned that my best friend's boyfriend succumbed to brain cancer last night via FB. It was the easiest way to reach the hundreds of people he knew/loved/interacted with to let everyone know.

So, I know you don't want to believe it, but FB has a lot of good uses. Maybe you should reassess your life a little if all you can see are the negatives.

Top Bottom