• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Wow. Go back to your tinfoil hat. FB is what you make it and it is what you use it for. Maybe YOU need to step back and realize what is actually happening when your wife is on it.

You want to play the innocent card here, but you're the one attacking anyone and everyone who uses facebook. Time to chill out and move along. You don't like FB, great. Don't use it. We have family and friends spread across the country so we do. Just this morning we learned that my best friend's boyfriend succumbed to brain cancer last night via FB. It was the easiest way to reach the hundreds of people he knew/loved/interacted with to let everyone know.

So, I know you don't want to believe it, but FB has a lot of good uses. Maybe you should reassess your life a little if all you can see are the negatives.
    I have yet to make personal attacks, I don't know where you're getting that from. I AM attacking FB though. Sure, there may be a carrot there but are we all so focused on the carrot that we ignore the stick? Again with the personal attacks...WTF is wrong with you? I am well aware of the dribble my wife uses FB for. I am also well aware of the implications our FB use can have. THAT is why we don't use it for anything of substance and often post misleading and confusing/contradictory information. We monitor it VERY closely, it IS atool to be used AGAINST us. No tinfoil needed, just look at the progression of the sites "life" and compare it to global social events/occurrences. In the beginning it seemed harmless enough, a very good, much more mature version of "myspace", now every time a kid posts his feelings or vents his concerns about an issue, a teacher, another kid, etc...it becomes a federal case, schools are locked down and kids go to jail and get a criminal record....THEN anyone that even commented on it gets the same treatment.....How long before people start to use FB as an excuse for crimes the way they do with CL?

Last edited:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    wow... you need help.
    ...or perhaps YOU need to read the FB Terms of Use Agreement? Follow actual "news"? You are aware that every time a change is made, no matter how insignificant it may seem, the ToUA changes right? I am amazed at how easily people can be confused and mislead. Complacency, convenience, incompetence....I'm glad there are people like me out there, that pay attention to what they do and who they allow permission to "oversee" their lives, people that actually care about the society we all live in and the ramifications of our actions. I wonder how the teacher in WI that lost her job because she posted a picture of her gun feels about FB and their privacy issues? What about that 14yo kid that will never be allowed to own a gun because once he posted his frustration with an unfair teacher on FB due to the fact that there was no other place for him to discuss his feelings with his FRIENDS? What about his friend that commented on it? What about the kids that go to BOTH of those schools that were locked down due to some blissninnies taking a harmless remark out of context? Seriously, WAKE UP! WHat about employers requiring you to give them log in info for your FB page? Oh, wait that problem was solved....FB now allows EVERYONE to see EVERYTHING and employers don't even need your log in info now...Any thoughts on the cameras at the entrances to retail outlets that search FB and other social media sites with facial recognition software to identify you as you walk through the store and monitor your purchases only to inundate your cell phone and FB page with advertisements? Do you suppose these are connected to the purchase tracking system you all know as "rewards cards"? Think about it ppl, IT IS ......ORWELLIAN. They don't even try to hide this stuff, they openly talk about it and voice their intentions for the technology and yet you look at it as a "convenience" because when you buy a betty crocker cake mix, you automatically get a coupon sent to your phone for 10 cents off the duncan hines mix that was already 25 cents more....you are being played.

Additionally, if I need help it certainly isn't the type you can offer. I need help from people with open eyes. People that will work AGAINST this "progress", not blindly fall in line without even an independent thought in their head. People that are ENGAGED.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Ding, ding, ding

...or perhaps YOU need to read the FB Terms of Use Agreement? Follow actual "news"? You are aware that every time a change is made, no matter how insignificant it may seem, the ToUA changes right? I am amazed at how easily people can be confused and mislead. Complacency, convenience, incompetence....I'm glad there are people like me out there, that pay attention to what they do and who they allow permission to "oversee" their lives, people that actually care about the society we all live in and the ramifications of our actions. I wonder how the teacher in WI that lost her job because she posted a picture of her gun feels about FB and their privacy issues? What about that 14yo kid that will never be allowed to own a gun because once he posted his frustration with an unfair teacher on FB due to the fact that there was no other place for him to discuss his feelings with his FRIENDS? What about his friend that commented on it? What about the kids that go to BOTH of those schools that were locked down due to some blissninnies taking a harmless remark out of context? Seriously, WAKE UP! WHat about employers requiring you to give them log in info for your FB page? Oh, wait that problem was solved....FB now allows EVERYONE to see EVERYTHING and employers don't even need your log in info now...Any thoughts on the cameras at the entrances to retail outlets that search FB and other social media sites with facial recognition software to identify you as you walk through the store and monitor your purchases only to inundate your cell phone and FB page with advertisements? Do you suppose these are connected to the purchase tracking system you all know as "rewards cards"? Think about it ppl, IT IS ......ORWELLIAN. They don't even try to hide this stuff, they openly talk about it and voice their intentions for the technology and yet you look at it as a "convenience" because when you buy a betty crocker cake mix, you automatically get a coupon sent to your phone for 10 cents off the duncan hines mix that was already 25 cents more....you are being played.

If you think that just avoiding FB exempts you from the all intrusive world of technology that we currently find ourselves in you are sorely mistaken. If you really wanna protect yourself, I hear Ted Kaczynski's cabin was for sale. You could always find a nice out of the way place to drop it and start on your manifesto.

I'm not a real tin-foil-hat kinda guy, but do really think that ranting about all this crap in here flies anymore under the radar than posting it on FB?:dunno:

You can fight this "progress", but you will lose. All you can hope to do is be smart about your use of technology and teach your kids the same.

Resistance is futile.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    If you think that just avoiding FB exempts you from the all intrusive world of technology that we currently find ourselves in you are sorely mistaken. If you really wanna protect yourself, I hear Ted Kaczynski's cabin was for sale. You could always find a nice out of the way place to drop it and start on your manifesto.

I'm not a real tin-foil-hat kinda guy, but do really think that ranting about all this crap in here flies anymore under the radar than posting it on FB?:dunno:

You can fight this "progress", but you will lose. All you can hope to do is be smart about your use of technology and teach your kids the same.

Resistance is futile.
    No, I don't think it flies under the radar, but here is one of many places to find like minded people. I am aware of far more than you know when it pertains to electronic monitoring. I actually delivered a computer system to the NSA building in Falls Church VA that is responsible for monitoring this crap. 17 53' trailers full of it. Guess what. I pissed on each and every piece of that system while it was being loaded, as did the gentlemen loading it. Are you aware that EVERY and ALL electronic communication, email, text messages, phone calls, postings on websites, etc, etc....are required by federal law to be stored indefinitely? Even using a landline doesn't get you out of this one as ALL phone calls are now routed through satellites. FB is being used as a "pre-crime" bureau and everything you do electronically WILL be used against you in the future.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    again... FB is what you make of it. using it as a way to keep in contact with loved ones spread across the country is a little different than posting your every movement of every day.

YOU make it what YOU want it to be. Your inability to see anything good is very telling.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    again... FB is what you make of it. using it as a way to keep in contact with loved ones spread across the country is a little different than posting your every movement of every day.

YOU make it what YOU want it to be. Your inability to see anything good is very telling.
    And you continue to completely miss my point. I've said it no less than 3 times. FB is not needed for these contacts you claim to use it for. Email accomplishes the same goal and has for over 25 years now. The difference being that email still can't be seen by just ANYONE on earth that wants to check in on you. I know all the excuses for using facebook, myspace, myyearbook, etc...I've used the same excuses. Just don't fool yourself into thinking they are anything more than excuses and rationalizations. Oh, I see plenty of good, but it doesn't often come from tech or "progress". It may be telling of the fact that I would prefer for society to "progress" to an agrarian state, but aside from that, no.
    http://youtu.be/Bmk9CjEha8A

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield

Yeah!!! That's what twitter is for! C'mon people!!!

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    No, I don't think it flies under the radar, but here is one of many places to find like minded people. I am aware of far more than you know when it pertains to electronic monitoring. I actually delivered a computer system to the NSA building in Falls Church VA that is responsible for monitoring this crap. 17 53' trailers full of it. Guess what. I pissed on each and every piece of that system while it was being loaded, as did the gentlemen loading it. Are you aware that EVERY and ALL electronic communication, email, text messages, phone calls, postings on websites, etc, etc....are required by federal law to be stored indefinitely? Even using a landline doesn't get you out of this one as ALL phone calls are now routed through satellites. FB is being used as a "pre-crime" bureau and everything you do electronically WILL be used against you in the future.

So I ask again, how is this little literary gem any different than you liking Betty Crocker on FB? Since it's all being cataloged for your future demise, why not get some free coupons out of it?

It may be telling of the fact that I would prefer for society to "progress" to an agrarian state

So did Pol Pot:rolleyes:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Lots of people are scared of progress, technology and change. The rest of us aren't.
    I'm not scared of IT, but rather those that control it, manipulate it, and use it against us. And if you claim not to be, then you truly are a foolish individual. Before you get bent out of shape, NO I'm not calling you a fool, just a person that is perhaps lying to himself to justify letting others control the outcome of his life foregoing a need for liberty and vigilance. We all need to look deeply into ourselves and decide what principals we hold dear if any, make a stand for them and refuse to compromise our principals.... or at least stand up for them when possible.

Top Bottom