• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Hahahahaha

Try this.....1967 Pontiac Firebird 400 CI ram air 3 (4) speed.

I sold both my Motorcycles, busted out my savings and traded in my 1964 Impala. $65 a month payment.

I got your Pinto buddy.......:)

Do you still have it ?????

My first car was a 70 gto convertible.. Red with black & black.. 4 speed with the HO motor.. I bought it in the fall of 74 for the huge sum of $ 1175.00
    Its sitting about 150' from me right now.
    My son gets his drivers license this summer***, he wants my old ride..

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I was in Madrid Spain 2 years ago and walked into a McDonalds that had only a couple employees on staff, despite the fact that this was in a busy central city location.

Upon walking in patrons were greeted by automated menu/ordering/paying kiosks that had at least 6 different languages. You walked up to a kisok, selected your language, placed your order on the touch screen, paid for your order with a debit or credit card (no cash allowed), and then a human brought your order out from the back, called your number and you went on your way.

I'd guess that they had 1/2 the employees of a McDonad's here in the US.

Idiots may get $15 an hour, but will end up unemployed before they file their taxes the next year.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Do you still have it ?????

My first car was a 70 gto convertible.. Red with black & black.. 4 speed with the HO motor.. I bought it in the fall of 74 for the huge sum of $ 1175.00
    Its sitting about 150' from me right now.
    My son gets his drivers license this summer***, he wants my old ride..

Bought it brand new. Totaled out 6 months later. Woman had a heart attack, ran a stop and folded it in half. Busted me up pretty good.
    Took the insurance pay out and bought a 1968 Impala SS convertible. It was a COPO car with a 450 HP 4 sp.
    Dad still would not let me have the Camaro I wanted. After getting hurt it was a big car or nothing in his eyes. Thing is, the Impala would flat out run.
    It was stolen in 1969.......:(
    Tell your son I hope he gets it.......:):

Sorry for the thread jack.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I worked for the Kernel frying chicken my Sophomore year for Minimum. That was $1.05 and Hr. at the time.
    I got on at ScottLad foods at $1,35 per and thought I had hit the jackpot.
    Then Krogers Sacking and Part time stacking for $1.75 per and I was really in it then. That went up to $2.05 and I bought a new car.

Dayum that's old!
    So which came first?

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    He's my only kid..... He will get it***, just not when he wants. Most likely the day he graduates HS... He is the last boy in my family.. He will do very well.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Sorry for the threadjack myself OP.

Back to cooking KFC ... Remember to pull the skin up on the legs ?
    And fold the wings, lol and extra chrispy. Two times in the milk and flour & spices. And then in the wire basket and shake..
    Do you think they would let a kid operate a pressure cooker nowadays ?

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Sorry for the threadjack myself OP.

Back to cooking KFC ... Remember to pull the skin up on the legs ?
    And fold the wings, lol and extra chrispy. Two times in the milk and flour & spices. And then in the wire basket and shake..
    Do you think they would let a kid operate a pressure cooker nowadays ?

This new "Millennial" generation of FF workers explains the pathetic state of KFC vs 10 years ago... all fast food in fact.

The taste and consistency of quality and accuracy of order fulfillment of the fast food I have gotten has varied wildly since about 2006 when the 90's born kids took over from us 80's kids. Lately it has been AWEFUL... not looking forward to the 00's kids starting to take over in the next year.

Come to think of it... the kid taking your order probably has no memory of 9/11... :oldwise:

pilgrim

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Columbus
    I started out in a car wash in the early 70's at $.50 an hour and thought I was rich. Now in tool and die for 30 years and lucky to get $19.00 with crappy benefits, it's become an employers market and and you take what they offer .

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I started out in a car wash in the early 70's at $.50 an hour and thought I was rich. Now in tool and die for 30 years and lucky to get $19.00 with crappy benefits, it's become an employers market and and you take what they offer .

While I see this to some extent, people have really lost the art of negotiation. You have to be willing to be forthcoming with what you want, why you deserve it, and why it's a good proposition to said employer. You also have to be willing to walk away or get canned if the negotiation doesn't work.

People cower in front of their employers now, and thank them for meager raises that don't even pace increases in the consumer price index.

Top Bottom