Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Me hate her???
    640_kim_dickens_deadwood_hbo.jpg

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!:)

I don't recall watching anything else with her in it so I have no comparison. She does an okay job, but IMO has a serious lack of any emotion. Judging from her expression in this picture she could be either watching her son through a window about to be eaten alive, running through a school avoiding death, deciding if she's going to take a hammer to her neighbor who has turned, or making toast. Considering it's all the same expression it could be any of them.

I will admit the show has gotten better. I wasn't sure if I was going to make it through the first season or not. I really hated Nick at first, found Travis annoying and a huge beta. I wanted to kick his little SJW son in the teeth. The only character I thought would be interesting was the kid with the knife in the school. By the end of the second season things had changed some. I actually liked Nick, Strand & Daniel. I found Travis annoying and wanted to see him get eaten by a dozen corpses right in front of Madison, I was curious to see if that would change the expression on her face. I wanted to kick his son in the teeth, several times.

I'm curious to see how Nick's story plays out. I think he's my favorite character now and if they kill him off it'd be a huge mistake and I would be done with the show. Nick has the potential to become another Rick, Governor or a Negan. I don't see him NOT becoming some kind of community leader at some point.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't recall watching anything else with her in it so I have no comparison. She does an okay job, but IMO has a serious lack of any emotion. Judging from her expression in this picture she could be either watching her son through a window about to be eaten alive, running through a school avoiding death, deciding if she's going to take a hammer to her neighbor who has turned, or making toast. Considering it's all the same expression it could be any of them.

I will admit the show has gotten better. I wasn't sure if I was going to make it through the first season or not. I really hated Nick at first, found Travis annoying and a huge beta. I wanted to kick his little SJW son in the teeth. The only character I thought would be interesting was the kid with the knife in the school. By the end of the second season things had changed some. I actually liked Nick, Strand & Daniel. I found Travis annoying and wanted to see him get eaten by a dozen corpses right in front of Madison, I was curious to see if that would change the expression on her face. I wanted to kick his son in the teeth, several times.

I'm curious to see how Nick's story plays out. I think he's my favorite character now and if they kill him off it'd be a huge mistake and I would be done with the show. Nick has the potential to become another Rick, Governor or a Negan. I don't see him NOT becoming some kind of community leader at some point.

Nick is too stupid, too brash. Victor is the most interesting, and realistic character. His decisions are the most logical of the bunch... he doesn't help anyone, unless he has a stake in it. He was smart to ditch that idiot family, but we know he'll end up with them again.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Nick is too stupid, too brash. Victor is the most interesting, and realistic character. His decisions are the most logical of the bunch... he doesn't help anyone, unless he has a stake in it. He was smart to ditch that idiot family, but we know he'll end up with them again.

I think Nick's brashness will lead him into a role more like the Governor than anyone else. I don't think he has the strength or brutality to become another Negan (pure dictator). He is clever enough to use deception to control an otherwise decent group of people though.

I like Victor quite a bit, he's a very close second as far as favorite characters. It's always fun to see what he comes up with next. I would not want to be saddled with that loony family either. If I had to hand select people to survive with from the show then Victor & Daniel would top the list.

I am getting a bit tired of the lack of zombies in zombie shows. Yep, the human threat is huge, but bring out the dead already. I'm trying very hard to wait out the Negan years because of what comes next (if they follow the comics).

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I have watched all seasons and am just one episode down...I like it so much I PAID for it through my xbox live...I know I am the lone INGOer who likes this show better than TWD....

I wear the badge with honor...:)

I like it better than TWD too, so you will have to share that badge... and some of that bourbon.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Victor is the most interesting, and realistic character. His decisions are the most logical of the bunch... he doesn't help anyone, unless he has a stake in it. He was smart to ditch that idiot family, but we know he'll end up with them again.

Victor is a....and I mean this complimentary...Kind of a con man or grifter...This new world fits him...He seems to have had a tough life and worked his way up to success on his own merit...His weakness seems to be that heart of his that comes up and gets in the way when there folks in distress...I disagree on the idiot family....He sees something of himself in Madison and I think we will eventually see what that is...

You say he doesn't help anyone unless he has a stake in it but I think he does...Madison has triggered that in him...He may have been raised by a single mother and sees his mother in Madison....I know he's gay so it's not romantic but there is SOMETHING there between them....Something strong, primal and part of his history...

IMHO...I still haven't forgiven you for making a good case for Shane in the TWD so it's payback time....:)

Last edited:

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I know...Isn't she awesome!!!!!! A very rare quality in the gentler sex.....

:): Could be... I can see the benefits of this.

I prefer to be able to tell the difference between the "you're about to get a can of peas upside the head because you forgot to take out the trash" and the "OMG what happened are you okay" look.

But in the end it doesn't really matter. A man cannot know what a woman is thinking at any given time anyway. By the time we think we have it figured out they have changed their mind several times. All we can know for certain is that if a tree falls in the woods and a woman wasn't around to hear it then the tree and all the men who DID hear it were still wrong.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    :): Could be... I can see the benefits of this.

I prefer to be able to tell the difference between the "you're about to get a can of peas upside the head because you forgot to take out the trash" and the "OMG what happened are you okay" look.

Me as well...If you can isolate a still shot of both please post it....52 years in life and 20 plus of marriage and I am still in the dark....:)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Victor is a....and I mean this complimentary...Kind of a con man or grifter...This new world fits him...He seems to have had a tough life and worked his way up to success on his own merit...His weakness seems to be that heart of his that comes up and gets in the way when there folks in distress...I disagree on the idiot family....He sees something of himself in Madison and I think we will eventually see what that is...

You say he doesn't help anyone unless he has a stake in it but I think he does...Madison has triggered that in him...He may have been raised by a single mother and sees his mother in Madison....I know he's gay so it's not romantic but there is SOMETHING there between them....Something strong, primal and part of his history...

IMHO...I still haven't forgiven you for making a good case for Shane in the TWD so it's payback time....:)

Oh yeah, he's completely a con man, a regular POS in the civilized word.... but in world he is now living, his "talents" are a benefit.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Thank god Travis is gone.
    I think killing him at this point may have been a mistake from the standpoint of show success. I wanted him to go away in the first season but he was finally becoming likable. This show doesn't have any characters that fans really care about and it's going to fail if they don't develop some characters a bit better.

Nick is someone you can kind of pull for, and hope for him to be a Darryl sort of character. But unlike Darryl, Nick keeps doing things that are blatantly self-destructive even when he's not helping anyone else. He's apparently always going to have the behavior of an addict.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Interesting tidbit. I just listened to the Talking Dead; Cliff Curtis (Travis actor) was a guest. He is a prepper and teaches survivalist classes with his brothers.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    For some reason Nick reminds me of Sonny in the Godfather. He needs a father to smack him around and tell him "never let anyone outside the family know what you are thinking".

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Alrighty then! After rewatching the show(s) I'm calling two (2) things:

#1) Travis is alive. If you listen to the preview at the end of episode #2 you will hear his voice.

#2) Jerk brother shot the helicopter. At the end of episode #1 when there were zeds all over the chopper jerkboy made three (3) clean headshots. He also made multiple clean headshots to clear a path for Maggie and Nick. They are going to portray him as a jerk with a very good rifle skill. I am guessing Troy wants to kill his brother because his brother always makes him look bad and is more of a leader than he is. Notice how the whole room cleared out when Jake told them to.

Note that I will not defend the extreme difficulty in hitting the chopper in the first place, only that they will make Troy out to be the shooter.

Regards,

Doug

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Ditto. I'm think (as Indiucky predicted) that FTWD has just moved into my #1 spot. The writing is excellent, and I love the moral choices the characters are faced with.

It feels more "real" to me....I like it...When Daniel handed her his weapon, got on his knee and asked for her forgiveness my wife literally grabbed her heart and said something in Spanish and got choked up.....

Strand and Daniel are two characters with let's just say....Questionable pasts....And to see them adjusting to this world and perhaps finding their moral compass AFTER the world has gone mad is very good writing....Making them as likable and interesting as they are is GREAT writing.....

Top Bottom