• ...and so much more!
  • Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Snoozer of an episode. WTH to the chick just blabbing away and WTH for Strand just giving her the radio without any supervision. WTH to the kid going for a swim.... Just a lot of WTHs all around

I was hoping for a shark to come by and make that dip **** its lunch.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, this is a universe where they've never imagined zombies.
    People can do stupid stuff when the brain is presented with something it's never encountered.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Well, this is a universe where they've never imagined zombies.
    People can do stupid stuff when the brain is presented with something it's never encountered.

Heck, we can disbelieve even things we want to see.

Speaking of which I saw a naked woman once. True story. I had left work early in the afternoon around 3PM and went out a back way through a small neighborhood. It was a bright and sunny summer day.

I passed a naked woman in her yard apparently having a serious disagreement with her husband/boyfriend. There she was in the birthday suit God gave her, yelling and pointing. She was somewhere in her 20's - 30's. As I passed it didn't even register on a reality scale until I was about two (2) or three (3) blocks away. I guess my brain took about 10 - 20 seconds to process this extremely unusual... event.

I think that seeing the downfall of the world we know would be tremendously traumatic on a level no one can comprehend. The intellectual processing of it is one thing, but to truly embrace the reality of it is another entirely. Even Strand is looking for help without truly understanding that the help will never be there. Any help you need will come from within and from other survivors, not some powerful Navy or Coast Guard or Marine base. But he, like the others, is clinging to a hope that is, as we know, groundless.

I drove by a naked woman and it took me time to comprehend what I saw. They are witnessing the end of the stars and stripes. How long will that take to truly process?

Regards,

Doug

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I passed a naked woman in her yard apparently having a serious disagreement with her husband/boyfriend. There she was in the birthday suit God gave her, yelling and pointing. She was somewhere in her 20's - 30's. As I passed it didn't even register on a reality scale until I was about two (2) or three (3) blocks away. I guess my brain took about 10 - 20 seconds to process this extremely unusual... event.

It took you 2 or 3 blocks to figure out you needed to turn around and drive slower? ;)

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE

Heck, we can disbelieve even things we want to see.

Speaking of which I saw a naked woman once. True story. I had left work early in the afternoon around 3PM and went out a back way through a small neighborhood. It was a bright and sunny summer day.

I think that seeing the downfall of the world we know would be tremendously traumatic on a level no one can comprehend. The intellectual processing of it is one thing, but to truly embrace the reality of it is another entirely. Even Strand is looking for help without truly understanding that the help will never be there. Any help you need will come from within and from other survivors, not some powerful Navy or Coast Guard or Marine base. But he, like the others, is clinging to a hope that is, as we know, groundless.

I drove by a naked woman and it took me time to comprehend what I saw. They are witnessing the end of the stars and stripes. How long will that take to truly process?

Regards,

Doug

I believe the term is "cognitive dissonance" ...err something like that.

Last edited:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I believe the term is "cognitive dissonance" ...err something like that.

I know there IS a name for it, but I don't recall if this is it or not. It took me a moment to process what I was seeing/had seen. It can happen to anyone when we observe something so far out of the norm that I think we get stuck in a feedback loop or somesuch.

HWG

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Well duh... someone who doesn't want their kids to be zombietreats.

Lol I guess I compressed the time frame a bit too much and figured there's no way anybody built a chainlink fence that fast, seeing as they most likely didn't have the poles and chainlink sitting around waiting to be put up.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Lol I guess I compressed the time frame a bit too much and figured there's no way anybody built a chainlink fence that fast, seeing as they most likely didn't have the poles and chainlink sitting around waiting to be put up.

They were thinking ahead?

I was just being a smartass... it is my nature. I am fluent in English, sarcasm and smartass.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I think this guy and his family is the FTWD equivalent of Morgan. He is going to help them transition their mindset to a new normal. It won't take them all the way, but he is reasonably pushing them to see things a new way.

In this regard I think it is a good episode, so far. Slow, but necessary.

Top Bottom