• dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I'm starting to really like Strand.

The teenage girl behavior/outcome was too predictable compared to TWD writing.... but it's common in apocalypse novels for teenagers to text or something similar that gets the group "found out" and maybe it's realistic.

I like Cliff Curtis (the actor) better than his character (Travis) now that I see him on the Talking Dead. He sounds like a kiwi.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'm betting he's former military .

Could be, but not a Marine.;)

When I was in boot camp all of our DI's explained their reasoning for everything! They tried to sell us on why we were being trained to do what we were to do.

Same went with ITS. All of the instructors explained their reasoning, so we could not only follow orders, but understand our mission objective and carry on if the chain of command was compromised.

As to their stupidity: yeah, so? They are a highschool teacher and a guidance counselor, combined with young, stupid kids. The most prudent ones are Mr. Myboat, the former torturer, and the drug addict. At least two (2) of them have a sense of seeing humanity at its worst. I don't know about Myboat...

The girl JUST lost her boyfriend less than two (2) monthes ago. The boy just lost his mother thanks to his father shooting her. These two are having their world crumble around them and are not emotionally mature enough to cope rationally.

These people I am willing to give a HUGE pass on - for now.

It's Ricks group that p****s me off! A small town former LEO with a modicum of tactical train at least having survived for at least three (3) years combined with Sgt. Abraham who should have a helluva lot of small unit tactics poke the hornets nest. REALLY??? FTWD gets a silly card from me for quite a while. TWD, not so much.

Anyway, I'll tune in next week.

Regards,

Doug

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    I like Strand. Not sure what he is about yet, that girl with the radio needs slapped and her radio taken away. Someone please tell me why they were stopped in the water by a shot up wrecked boat....why? I thought they were making a beeline for San Diego.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I like Strand. Not sure what he is about yet, that girl with the radio needs slapped and her radio taken away. Someone please tell me why they were stopped in the water by a shot up wrecked boat....why? I thought they were making a beeline for San Diego.

because one of the dingbats jumped off the boat about that time (Chris)

And yes, Rusty Hornet, we said the same thing here "LA is burning. Are we supposed to mind?"

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    That boat isn't huge but it is a good size. Range of 3k miles is only about 2.5k nm. I read about big boats, it was a fantasy of mine. A boat like that should at least have an engineer and a bosun. That would be just too big for one (1) person to take care of on their own.

That said, I think they are making a transition pretty quick. Anyone that doesn't feel some pull to help people in need would be a sociopath. There is a difference between facing reality and having no remorse. Travis and Daniel are quickly getting on a similar page. Strand seems too callous in my opinion, but perhaps that is just a purely logical character.

I'll have to wait and see...

Doug

They have no supplies based on some of the comments they made. It sucks, but it is what it is.

Strand is already smarter than 3/4 of the people on The Walking Dead.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    They have no supplies based on some of the comments they made. It sucks, but it is what it is.

Strand is already smarter than 3/4 of the people on The Walking Dead.

There's truth in this statement. But, Strand is also better at making the hard decisions and sticking with them.
    I think all the older adults knew Strand was making the right call, but couldn't bring themselves to admit it.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Okay, I gave it a chance and I couldn't make it through the episode. I wanted to like this show, but I can't.

It's dull and plodding. I don't like any of the characters or actors (again, with the exception of Reuben Blades).

I'm done.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Okay, I gave it a chance and I couldn't make it through the episode. I wanted to like this show, but I can't.

It's dull and plodding. I don't like any of the characters or actors (again, with the exception of Reuben Blades).

I'm done.

adios

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Snoozer of an episode. WTH to the chick just blabbing away and WTH for Strand just giving her the radio without any supervision. WTH to the kid going for a swim.... Just a lot of WTHs all around

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    This kinda makes me realize why twd skipped the learning curve portion of the apocalypse. Painful to watch and overdone to show people make idiot decisions for the sake of creating more drama for the viewer.

Top Bottom