• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not sure if anyone is following the storms in South Carolina... but the flooding is actually causing coffins to rise up out of graves and float.

... I smell another TWD spin-off.

0bNEkAn.jpg

6f3QveV.jpg

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Not sure if anyone is following the storms in South Carolina... but the flooding is actually causing coffins to rise up out of graves and float.

... I smell another TWD spin-off.

0bNEkAn.jpg

6f3QveV.jpg

You just know that somebody over at SyFy network is working on "Zombnado!"

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Or "Zombies on a Plane".

TTD was plugging a new online only series tie in "Flight 426" or some such with an outbreak on a jet taking place at the same time as
    events on the ground. One one the characters is supposed to be on the show next season.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Doesn't surprise me. AMC has a series of "webisodes" that are shorter stories in the Walking Dead world. For example, I saw one that explained how the zombie without legs that Rick encountered in the first episode of TWD ended up that way.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I'm kinda looking forward to it! I think the six episode first season got better each week. I still have a long way to go in liking most of the characters, but, TWD was the same when it started. I'm willing to give it a chance, and hoping it grows on me.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Even though the first season was pretty terrible, I'm still gonna watch it.

i really really hope that Junky Depp gets eaten.

I didn't think the actual story was that bad, kind of slow but that was to be expected at first.

The part that I don't like is the selection of actors. I think they could have done a much better job in selecting them. Both the wife and I can't stand Kim Dickens. She has no range of emotion. She has the same facial expression watching her son about to be eaten through a window as she does when she washes the dishes. Completely wooden. None of the actors are believable in the roles they play except Ruben Blades and Colman Domingo. They both did a very good job, as far as the others, I just don't care about the characters enough.

As far as Junky Depp, I'll enjoy it when he gets eaten but I don't see that happening for a while. And for Travis, I can't wait to see either Strand or Danial pimp hand him and tell him to knock off his crap, pull his head out of his fourth point of contact and wake the **** up. I'm sure all the while Madison will be standing there watching with that same stupid expression on her face.

They really need to do something special with this season to keep me watching. One of the things I'm looking forward to is the after show, Talking Dead. The way the fans can interact and as much as they dissect the show, hopefully it will keep the show in check and improve it. The small details in the original are very much lacking in this series.

Last edited:

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I didn't think the actual story was that bad, kind of slow but that was to be expected at first.

The part that I don't like is the selection of actors. I think they could have done a much better job in selecting them. Both the wife and I can't stand Kim Dickens. She has no range of emotion. She has the same facial expression watching her son about to be eaten through a window as she does when she washes the dishes. Completely wooden. None of the actors are believable in the roles they play except Ruben Blades and Colman Domingo. They both did a very good job, as far as the others, I just don't care about the characters enough.

As far as Junky Depp, I'll enjoy it when he gets eaten but I don't see that happening for a while. And for Travis, I can't wait to see either Strand or Danial pimp hand him and tell him to knock off his crap, pull his head out of his fourth point of contact and wake the **** up. I'm sure all the while Madison will be standing there watching with that same stupid expression on her face.

They really need to do something special with this season to keep me watching. One of the things I'm looking forward to is the after show, Talking Dead. The way the fans can interact and as much as they dissect the show, hopefully it will keep the show in check and improve it. The small details in the original are very much lacking in this series.

The first four episodes were pretty bad. The last two got much better. I just thought it wasn't well written. And the politically correct Brady bunch seemed really forced

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I haven't minded the FTWD series. There will always be something I want to see more or less of, and I know that the writers will never write it in quite the way I envision it.

I think FTWD has been trying to hold our hand through the decline and fall of modern civilization, something we never got to see with Rick. With Rick we just woke up in Zombieland. BOOM! Here we are! In FTWD they are trying to show us a "normal" family being slapped in the face and trying to claw their way through something they have never imagined.

The problem is the whole "boat at sea" angle. This will also significantly deviate from the normal persons perspective of surviving the zombie apocalypse. It isn't bad and in some ways is very cool, but it also isn't going to portray the struggles and nuances of how 99% of the survivors will get through the fall.

I think it would be cool if they added a third Walking Dead series. The fall of the plane they have been showing! You could have the survivors of that survive a crash landing or poorly controlled landing out in the wilds of Utah or Colorado or Podunk USA (Jericho would be nice;)). That way you could show the viewpoint of a smaller town, less zombified world, although zombies would certainly be a problem. It would be more like TWD but with the added flavor of FTWD surviving from the beginning. They would also be starting with almost nothing. And as short as these damned modern "seasons:rolleyes:" are, it could be almost year round WD TV.

The only thing I don't like in either one of them is the nearly total ignorance of the population that something is happening.:xmad: Really? The Ebola threat didn't mushroom but we saw its potential arrival. The same with the Legionnaire's Disease, H1-N1 Flu, etc etc etc. Had Ebola gone airborne and wiped out most of us we would have at least seen a lot of crap on the news in the weeks and monthes before the fall. But zombiebug - nada.

Regards,

Doug

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Meh. I might not even watch tonight. The characters (with the exception of Reuben Blades') are all loathsome weaklings and the actors are unappealing.

If I do watch and it doesn't deliver, that will be the end for me. An hour of my life is too precious to waste hoping that something might be a fraction as good as something else I like.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom